The Indian Law Institute conducts the selection process of candidates on the basis of their marks in the ILICAT 2023 examination along with other criteria. Shortlisted students seeking admission to the LLM course will have to undergo a viva-voce or personal interview and verify their documents. If a student fails to show the documents, his/her candidature might be cancelled. In this blog, we will talk about the ILICAT Selection Process 2023.
|Name of the Exam||Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test (ILICAT)|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Law Institute (ILI), New Delhi|
|Eligible Programme||Master in Legislative law (LLM)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Paper Pen-based test)|
|Question Types||Subjective & Objective|
|Total Marks||180 Marks|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
This Blog Includes:
Selection Process for ILICAT 2023
The ILICAT 2023 results would be out in May 2023 tentatively. After the results, Indian Law Institute shortlists the candidates and the selection process is as follows:
- ILICAT Results: The ILI will publish the ILICAT results and prepare a provisional merit list of the selected candidates for the next round.
- Viva-Voce: The selected candidates will go through a viva-voce or personal interview round. The exam authority will share the date and time of round 2 only after releasing the ILICAT results.
- Final Merit list: After round 2, a final merit list will be prepared. Students will be shortlisted according to their marks obtained in ILICAT 2023, viva-voce and subjective papers.
- Counselling round: The documents of the candidates will be verified by the exam officials and a seat allotment letter will be issued. Shortlisted candidates can secure their admission by paying the admission fee.
Selection Criteria for ILICAT 2023
Candidates are selected based on three parameters. Firstly, the candidate has to crack the ILICAT which has a weightage of 140 marks. Students also have to score good marks in the subjective part of the exam which carries 40 marks. The last criterion is a personal interview or viva-voce which has a weightage of 20 marks. We have mentioned the selection criteria for ILICAT 2023 below:
|ILICAT 2023||140 marks|
|Research/publication/writing skill test||40 Marks|
|Personal Interview/Viva-Voce||20 Marks|
ILICAT 2023 Counselling
After the viva-voce, students need to appear for the counselling process. ILICAT 2023 counselling will be conducted offline on the campus of the Indian Law Institute, Delhi. The counselling is usually conducted in two rounds, viz; viva-voce/PI and document verification, based on the merit list students are called for the counselling. The student’s ability is accessed through a personal Interview or viva-voce and then his/her’s documents are verified. Students must carry the required documents for ILICAT counselling. We have mentioned the documents for ILICAT 2023 counselling below:
- Xerox of ILICAT 2023 application form
- Copy of ILICAT 2023 Admit card
- Graduate degree
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
Students can read topics such as Jurisprudence, constitutional law, IPC, PIL, commercial law, the law of Torts, the law of limitation and environmental law.
The cut-off for the PwD category is 28.50 marks. For the OBC-NCL category, it was 74.25 marks, for the ST category, the cut-off was 20.25 marks and for the SC category, it was 53.50 marks.
When a student has to appear for counselling, he/she has to bring the following documents- ILICAT 2023 application form (copy), ILICAT 2023 admit card (copy), graduate degree, domicile certificate (if applicable), caste certificate (if applicable), NRI (if applicable).
This leads us to the end of this blog. After reading this blog, students will be able to know more about the selection process and counselling of the ILICAT 2023.