The prestigious Sloan School of Management of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in Cambridge, USA is a name that resonates with grandeur and excellence. It has a long history of producing global business leaders and political influencers like Benjamin Netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel), Cara Carleton (CEO of HP), Alan Mulally (Former CEO, Ford Motor Company), amongst others. The MIT network has more than 1,20,000 alumni in 90 countries across the world. Also, there are more than 650 companies founded by MIT Sloan School of Management Alumni with over 100 years of existence, MIT Sloan School of Management has been a dream for students from all over the globe. Let us know what makes this B-School as one of the internationally acclaimed business schools in the world!
This Blog Includes:
- Global Rankings
- Why Study at MIT Sloan School of Management?
- Flagship Courses
- MIT Sloan’s MBA Program
- Entry Requirements for MBA
- Campus & ECAs
- Class Structure
- The Sloan Dynamics
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology featured at #1 in the QS World University Ranking of 2021.
- The MIT Sloan School of Management has also been ranked as #3 by QS Global MBA Rankings
- For Masters in Business Analytics and Masters in Finance, MIT Sloan has been ranked #1 and #3 respectively by QS.
- The Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings for 2019 has ranked MIT Sloan School of Management at #8.
- The Times Higher Education (THE) University Ranking for the year 2020 has ranked it at #5.
- The U.S. News & World Report 2020 has ranked MIT Sloan School of Management at #2 for Best Global Universities Rankings and at #3 for National University Ranking and best Business School Ranking for PG Level.
Why Study at MIT Sloan School of Management?
Amongst the most reputed academic institutions across the globe, MIT is a sought-after institute amongst international students with its alumni working at big conglomerates and companies all across the world. The course, the curriculum, the faculty, everything works in harmony to polish the students in such a way as when they graduate, their nature of work will itself speak about MIT Sloan School of Management. It is indeed a different kind of management school as they are not just boasting about management and business in the abstract but are bringing together today’s brightest minds to tackle global challenges of the present and future! As part of the world’s leading research institution, MIT Sloan School of Management is a hub for new companies, new ventures, and young entrepreneurs that kick start local economies in the developing world.
Check Out: Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Check out the complete list of the choicest flagship courses at MIT Sloan School of Management:
Duration: 2 years
The MIT MBA program is a two-year MBA program offered by MIT Sloan School of Management, which aims at developing leaders who make a difference in the world. The curriculum begins with a core semester where students are allowed to dive deep into management theory and practice.
MIT Sloan Fellows MBA
Duration: 1 year
The MIT Sloan Fellows MBA program is a full-time MBA program that MIT Sloan School of Management is offering to mid-career leaders who are eager to dedicate one year of discovery for a lifetime of impact.
MIT Executive MBA
Duration: 20 Months
The MIT Executive MBA program is a rigorous executive-schedule MBA program that is solely designed for mid-career executives. The EMBA program by MIT Sloan School of Management is offering an opportunity to join an elite forum for innovation and leadership.
Master of Finance
Duration: 12-18 months
The MFin program offered by MIT Sloan School of Management emphasizes a foundation in how markets work and engineered around the most advanced financial theories, quantitative models, and industry practices.
Master of Business Analytics
Duration: 1 year
The master of business analytics program, offered by the MIT Sloan School of Management, is focusing on applying the tools of modern data science, optimization, and machine learning to solve real-world business problems.
Leaders for Global Operations
Duration: 2 years
MIT’s Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) program is a dual degree program that will enable you to earn 2 degrees in 2 years from the top-ranked MIT Sloan School of Management and MIT School of Engineering.
System Design & Management
Duration: 1-2 years
SDM is a joint program for mid-career professionals that integrates engineering, management, and systems thinking. You can certify in SDM in engineering and management from MIT.
Duration: 5 years
This is a specialised doctoral program for outstanding scholars who are leading their fields of research. The Ph.D. Program curriculum at MIT Sloan is organized under the following three academic areas: Behavior & Policy Sciences; Economics, Finance & Accounting; and Management Science.
Duration: 3-4 years
MIT Sloan School of Management provides a holistic learning environment where students learn how to bring business perspectives to their technical and quantitative expertise. MIT offers more than 8 interdisciplinary undergraduate degrees in the field of management, finance, business analytics, etc. The Program is available for the fall, summer, and spring sessions.
Duration: 2 semesters
A non-degree, customizable program for mid-career professionals. The MIT Sloan Visiting Fellows Program is available in the following terms:
Spring: Begins early February through mid-May.
Fall: Begins early September through mid-December.
Duration: 2 days to 1 week
A non-degree program for senior executives and high-potential managers.
MIT Sloan’s MBA Program
- The Flagship program of MIT Sloan School of Management is a 2-year long MBA program.
- It is a full-time program in which classroom discussions are complemented with on-the-field experiences hosted by big names around the world.
- After the first semester, the students can design highly tailored courses of study corresponding to their interests and goals.
- Most of all, the MIT Sloan School of Management is a place to experiment, play, and stretch beyond the expected.
- MBA Students graduating from MIT Sloan School of Management have an average salary of a whopping 165,716 USD which is approximately more than Rs. 1.22 Crores in INR.
- The LGBTQ+ students, partners, and straight allies are welcome at MIT Sloan.
- MIT Sloan School of Management offers admissions in 3 rounds/intakes:
- MBA round 1: In October
- MBA round 2: In January
- MBA round 3: In April
Entry Requirements for MBA
Given below is the list of academic entry requirements for the MBA program offered by MIT Sloan School of Management:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.6
- Standardized tests scores such as GMAT, GRE, EA, TOEFL, IELTS, are essentially required.
- A GMAT score of an average of 720. GRE is also accepted with an estimated range of 330-334
- An English Proficiency Exam like IELTS and TOEFL is required for non-native English language users. (No specific cutoffs are mentioned)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- A cover letter
- Official Academic Transcripts from all the schools/colleges attended in the past.
- Statement of Purpose in a 1-minute video format
- One Letter of Recommendation
The academic and other miscellaneous expenses or cost structure for MIT’s Sloan School of Management MBA program, for the academic year of 2020-2021 is given below:
|Expenses||Cost in INR (Approx)|
|Tuition fees||57,08,977 INR|
|Books and Supplies||18,865 INR|
|Computer Fees||1,47,962 INR|
|Personal (includes medical insurance)||5,14,168 INR|
Campus & ECAs
- The MBA program at MIT Sloan sees as much as 1,300 students and there are more than 200 faculty members on board.
- MIT has a huge 168-acre campus along the astonishing Charles River in Cambridge,
- Students at MIT Sloan run over 75 active clubs. Some of the most popular clubs are the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Club; the Design Club; the Finance & Investment Club; the Entertainment, Media & Sports Club; the Venture Capital & Private Equity Club; the Product Management Club, and the Technology Club.
- The class size ranges from 325-375 students
- Also, students come from more than 90+ countries every year, with just over half coming from North America and 60% holding US citizenship.
- 60% of the total students are males while 40% are females.
The Sloan Dynamics
- Leadership: The dedicated faculty at the MIT Sloan is committed to upholding the mission of the school of management: to generate innovative leaders who improve the world.
- Commitment to Diversity: Most of all the institute believes that a commitment to inclusion, equity, diversity, and well-being is a key component of both principled leadership and a great sound management practice. If you are a graduate at this b-school, you will be climbing a ladder towards transformation.
Thus, we hope that this blog on MIT Sloan School of Management was able to resolve all your doubts and queries. Want to study at MIT? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you throughout the admission process of your chosen MBA program to ensure that you send a winning application and get successfully shortlisted! Sign up for a free session with us now!