Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is an Indian space agency regulated by the government of India. Under the ISRO, the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is offering Live and Interactive classroom mode, and E-learning mode online courses. The live and interactive ISRO online courses are available free of cost to students. Before enrolling in an ISRO online course, it is best to know all the details about the program. In this blog, we have included all the information available on ISRO online courses.
This Blog Includes:
- About the IIRS Outreach Programme
- Live and Interactive Classroom Mode Online Program
- Live and Interactive ISRO Online Course Details
- E-learning mode ISRO Online Courses
- Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science (E-learning) Course
- Registration Process for ISRO Online Course (e-learning)
- Related Articles:
About the IIRS Outreach Programme
The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is offering courses for those interested to learn about remote sensing in depth. There are 2 types of ISRO online courses available. They are;
- Live and Interactive classroom mode online program- It was introduced in 2007 along with 12 participating Indian universities using an interactive terminal that is satellite-based.
- E-learning mode- The e-learning courses are self-paced ISRO online courses. These courses are meant for professionals, researchers, and academics. These courses aim to enhance the knowledge in geospatial technology, and remote sensing by providing e-learning resources.
Live and Interactive Classroom Mode Online Program
As the usage of Geographical Information Systems, remote sensing, and Global Navigation Satellites is increasing, there is a demand for urgent manpower. To meet this, the IIRS is offering a live and interactive classroom mode online program. The courses are enabled through the A-view software platform and the Internet. The class sessions are held by experts from the IISR-ISRO and other institutions. So far, 22 courses have been conducted with a total of 120258+ participants. The program beneficiaries consist of;
- Central & State Government Organizations/Departments
- Private/Central/State Universities & Academic Institutions
- Geospatial Industry and research institutions
- Central & State Government Organizations/Departments
Apart from this, the ISRO also conducts several themed online courses and monthly websites. The topics revolve around geospatial technologies and their applications. For further information, you can visit www.iirs.gov.in.
Live and Interactive ISRO Online Course Details
The live and interactive ISRO courses are available to undergraduate and postgraduate students in any year. The course is also open to Technical/ Scientific Staff of Central/ State Government Ministries/ Departments, and Faculty or Researchers at a university. Registration is mandatory for this course. For registration under the IIRS Outreach Network, it is important to provide details such as the organization type (university/state government, etc). Moreover, the Personal Details of the Nominated Coordinator/Focal Person also need to be submitted. The document essential for this course is the request letter/ willingness letter signed by the head of the organization.
|Live and Interactive ISRO online course details
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate students (any year), Faculty or Researchers at a university, etc
|Video recorded lectures, lecture slides, open source software, handouts of demonstrations, data, etc.,
|Certificate (working professionals)
|Based on 70% attendance and submission of assignments.
|Based on 70% attendance and online examination.
Watch the video below to learn about ISRO free GISS and python certification course;
E-learning mode ISRO Online Courses
Under the E-learning mode, a total of 5 courses are available. The course name and the duration of these courses are provided for your convenience.
|Remote Sensing and Geo-information Science
|Certificate course on Fundamentals of Remote Sensing
|Certificate course on Fundamentals of Photogrammetry and Cartograph
|Certificate course on Fundamentals of Geographical Information Systems and Global Navigation Systems
|Certificate course on Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing
Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science (E-learning) Course
Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science is one of the top ISRO online courses (e-learning). Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science and one of the most important technology tools. The course is provided to help individuals learn the same for the advancement of their professional careers. The goal of this course is to help graduate students build knowledge and practical experience.
The syllabus for the Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science ISRO online course (e-learning) is as follows:
- Basics of remote sensing
- Image statistics
- Photogrammetry and cartography
- Geographical information system
- Global navigation satellite system
- Digital image processing
- Applications of Geospatial Technology
- Customization of Geospatial Tools
Target Audience, Duration, Fees, and Assessment Structure
Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Science (e-learning) target audience, fees, and assessment structure are as follows;
|Students and Researchers, Geospatial Industries, Geospatial Industries, and State and Central Government Ministries and Departments.
|1 month and 4 months durations.
|20%- Total time spent in e-learning content, 10%- Marks obtained in Mini project, and 70% for online examinations
|Fees (4 month)
|Fees (1 month)
Registration Process for ISRO Online Course (e-learning)
The registration process for the ISRO online course (e-learning) is as follows. Note. Registration and payment of fees are mandatory to get enrolled in these courses:
- Visit the official website- www.elearning.iirs.gov.in
- Next, click on the registration tab, and from the drop-down box select the course name
- Next, fill in your details such as your name, date of birth, etc
- On the next page, submit additional information such as educational qualifications, experience, accommodation, sponsorship, etc.
- Upload documents of date of birth and highest qualification along with the latest photos
- Enter the captcha and click on submit
- Lastly, pay the required fees for the ISRO online course.
- Now you will get the option to select ‘yes’ to take an online examination and obtain a certificate. You can choose ‘no’ for only learning purposes.
Yes. The ISRO Live and Interactive online courses are available for free of cost. ISRO is the Indian national space agency. The course is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers, etc.
To register for the IIRS online course visit the official website of IIRS, and register online. For the registration process personal details, educational qualifications, and experience details have to be provided.
The new program launched by ISRO is called the Space Science and Technology Awareness Training or START. The course is available to undergraduate students (final year) studying physical sciences and technology. Postgraduate students can also apply for this course.