Sleep Like A Log meaning is to have a restful sleep without being disturbed by outside noise. Like a person who is soundly asleep, logs are immovable and challenging to move. Some historians think that this expression originated because snoring and sawing sound so similar.
This idiom is used when one has a deep, restful slumber that is so deep that disturbances don’t even wake you.
Usage with Example
Given below are a few examples of the idiom:
- While I slept for no more than five minutes, my brother slept like a log in the entire flight.
- I was so tired after the party that I slept like a log yesterday.
- Since I purchased that famous high-quality mattress, I have been sleeping like a log every night.
- I apologise I couldn’t pick your call up I was o tired after work that I slept like a log.
- “Is your son sleeping?” He sleeps like a log, so you don’t need to whisper, I assure you.
Also Read: Break the Ice- Idiom
Sleep Like A Log Synonyms
A few synonyms of the idiom are:
- have a siesta
- have a zizz
- have a snooze
- hit the hay
- hit the sack
- catch forty winks
- have forty winks
- go out like a light
_____________________________and slept like a log for 18 hours.
- I was so drunk yesterday that I came home
- I came
- I love to sleep
Answer: I was so drunk yesterday that I came home
Also Read: Idioms for IELTS
This was all about the idiom Sleep Like A Log meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used and what sort of feeling or meaning it conveys. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.