The idiom “forever young” usually refers to the idea of being youthful and full of vitality for an extended period of time. It also means maintaining a youthful outlook on life. The phrase has been made even more popular by several artists and pop bands.
For instance, One Direction released a song “Forever Young” in 2010, which is about remaining young forever and not fading away. In this song, the pop band is basically saying that they don’t want to stop putting out music,
Usage with Examples
Here are some examples of the use of “forever young” idiom in sentences:
- Tom Cruise is forever young as despite being 61 years old, he can perform amazing stunts.
- Amitabh Bachchan still gives brilliant acting performances in movies, he is really forever young.
- My mother is forever young, she appears to be as young as my sister.
- I don’t want to look old as I age, I want to be forever young.
- If you follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly, then you can be forever young.
- Some songs are forever young. No matter how many times you listen to them, they still sound new.
- Titanic is a forever young movie as it still looks like it has been made in 2023.
Synonyms and Similar Words to Forever Young Idiom
Synonyms of “forever young” idiom:
- Everlasting youth,
- Eternal youth,
- Endless youth,
- Eternal adolescent,
- Permanent baby
Forever Young Meaning Quiz
She is really forever young as
- She still looks young despite being over 60 years of age.
- She looks too old.
- She looks like an actress.
Correct Answer: a) She still looks young despite being over 60 years of age.
Also Read: 150 Common Difficult Idioms with Examples
This was all about the forever young idiom meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.