The antonyms of ‘Protect’ are to expose, neglect, attack, harm, etc. As the word ‘Protect’ is suitable to keep something or someone safe from harm, danger, or damage. Therefore, whenever you want to refer to any negligence or talk about the requirement of not shielding anyone, then you can use the above-mentioned antonyms of protection.
The word “Protect” comes from the Latin word “Protectus,” which means “to cover in front.”
Meaning of Protect
The word ‘Protect’ means to shield or defend someone or something from harm, danger, or damage. This may be due to any expected or uncalled-upon reason.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Protect
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Protect to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The antonym of the word ‘Protect’ is appropriate to describe someone’s unwillingness to offer his help unnecessarily.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Protect in a sentence:
- The decision to cut funding for the fire department will endanger the lives of many.
- Leaving the door unlocked will expose your valuables to theft.
- Neglecting to maintain your car can lead to costly repairs down the road.
- Abandoning your responsibilities as a parent can have serious consequences for your children.
- Intentionally harming someone is never acceptable.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Protect Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Protect’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Protect with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.