A few common ameliorate antonyms are degenerate, worsen, aggravate etc. These antonyms describe actions or situations that result in making things worse, exacerbating problems, or causing deterioration, contrasting with the idea of “ameliorate,” which means to make improvements or alleviate issues.
Meaning of Ameliorate
“Ameliorate” is a verb that means to make something better, improve, or alleviate a problem or a difficult situation. When you ameliorate a condition or a circumstance, you are taking actions to enhance it or make it more favorable. This word is often used in the context of making improvements to something that is negative or undesirable to achieve a more positive outcome.
9+ Ameliorate Antonyms
Here are some antonyms of “ameliorate” listed below:
Usage with Examples
Here are a few examples of ameliorate antonyms are listed below for your convenience:
- Over time, the neglected building began to deteriorate, requiring extensive repairs.
- Adding fuel to the fire will only exacerbate the tension between the two parties.
- Unfortunately, the lack of rain will likely worsen the drought conditions in the region.
- His comments only served to aggravate the situation, making matters worse.
- His constant complaints and demands only agitated his coworkers and made the workplace less harmonious.
Ameliorate Antonym Quiz
Choose the correct antonym for “ameliorate”:
This was all about the antonym of “Ameliorate” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.