Designing and manufacturing Jewellery is a skill in itself, something that can be learnt through studying and practising. Jewellery Making courses online help an individual ace that. Through the structure of these Jewellery making courses online, the student can go on to become a jewellery designer. As these courses are available at an online level as well, students easily get a chance to pursue the specialisation of these arenas to build their careers. They get familiarised with the architectural and functional knowledge of jewellery making, composition, and market value. But this is only the start.
|Subject Course||Jewellery Making|
|Level of Course||Online|
|Total Course Duration||Minutes to Hours|
|Platforms||Skillshare, Udemy, New York Institute of Art and Design, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Jewellery designer, Jewellery Consultant, and Gemologist|
|Recruiters||Tanishq, TBZ, Myntra, Gitanjali Jewellers|
This Blog Includes:
Relevance of Jewellery Making Courses Online
Why shall one plan to pursue jewellery making courses online? Well, for starters, it’s as relevant as the need for apparel. Following that, we have stated some reasons below.
- Core Path to Career Advancement in jewellery making: Jewellery-making online courses offer a planned path to students who are interested in the art of designing jewellery. All crucial aspects of jewellery making are covered under jewellery making courses online, which help students acquire all the needed knowledge of the field.
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities: The course leads to a career that is not necessarily set in stone, even though the planned study can lead you to land jobs of your preference. But besides that, students can also go for starting their own business related to jewellery making, as they are acquitted with almost all the important information in jewellery making courses online.
- Build Skillset: Jewellery making Courses online further help students in building their professional skillset, which can add to their professional careers. These skills are to the likes of Product Development, Market Research, and Graphic Design.
Top Jewellery Making Courses Online
Jewellery courses online come in various types and durations, with certificate availability at the end. To help you overview the options, we have provided you with a detailed table below.
|Name of the Course||Name of the Platform||Duration||Cost|
|Jewellery Design Course Online||Shaw Academy||16 weeks||Monthly Subscription: INR 600|
|Jewellery Design in Rhino||Udemy||Self-paced course + 5 hours of pre-recorded video content||INR 650|
|Wire Wrapping: Jewelry Making for Beginners, Tulip Pendant||Udemy||Self-paced course||INR 650|
|Jewelry Making Classes for Beginners||Beaducation||Self-paced course||Free|
|Online Jewellery Design Courses||New York Institute of Art and Design||Self-paced course with 18 months to complete.||$550 (INR 44K) and $1,000 (INR 81K)|
More platforms include Jewellers Academy, Creative Line, Skillshare, etc.
Must Read: Toy Design Courses
Best Institutions for Jewellery Making Courses Online
To get the experience of the best jewellery making courses online in various institutions, refer to the tables below.
|Name of University||Place|
|International School of Design||Kolkata|
|Academy of Art University||USA|
|Pearl Academy||Rajouri Garden|
|Hamstech College of Creative Education||Hyderabad|
|North Seattle College||Washington, USA|
|New York School of Art and Design||USA|
|Penn Foster College||USA|
Basic Jewellery Making Course Subjects
Basic concepts and subjects covered under jewellery making courses are mentioned below.
|Gemology||Manual Designing||Costume Jewellery|
|Gold and other Precious Metals||Introduction to Computers & Elementary Mathematics||Diamond Grading|
|Metallurgy||History of Art & Jewellery||CAD Designing – Rhino n Matrix|
|History of Art & Jewellery||Design Theory||Metallurgy & Casting Process|
|Product Business Planning||Accessory Design||The setting of Gemstones in Jewellery|
|Elements of Design||Digital Representation||Export Procedure|
A student can also choose specialisations under jewellery making courses. These are mentioned below.
- Basic jewellery making
- Jewellery making: Finishing, Polishing & Electroplating
- Jewellery making: Engraving & Enamelling
- Comprehensive jewellery making
- Jewellery making: Quality Control (QC) Course
- Gemology Course
Jewellery Making Courses Online: Jobs and Salary
Some of the most popular jobs that can be pursued after completing jewellery making Courses are mentioned below, along with their salaries.
|Jewellery designer||INR 5 lakh|
|Gemologist||INR 8 lakh|
|Production Manager||INR 6 lakh|
|Brand Manager||INR 10 lakh|
|Jewellery Consultant||INR 4 lakh|
The top recruiters of students specialising in jewellery making are mentioned below.
- Kalyan Jewellers
- Malabar Gold and Diamonds
- Orra Jewellery
- Schachter Jewellery
- P C Chandra Jewellers
- Gitanjali Jewellers
- Inter Gold India Limited
- Amrapali Jewels
- TBZ – Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Ltd.
Must Read: Know Everything About Retail Design
Yes, jewellery making is a good career choice as it is rewarding as well as provides numerous opportunities.
Yes, students can do jewellery-making courses after Class 12th, as it can be pursued with any subject stream taken in Class 12th.
The income of a jewellery designer can be INR 8 lakh.
How do you feel after getting some of the most informative insights on jewellery making courses online? If you are interested in the courses but don’t know where to start, you can always reach out to Leverage Edu experts for better consultation. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.