University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, United States
The University of Central Missouri (UCM) was established in 1871 in Warrensburg, Missouri, USA. Started as Normal School No. 2 and known as Warrensburg Teachers College with a vision to provide the world class education to the newly independent state in the state of Missouri. The name of the college Read more
Highlights Of University of Central Missouri
Male : Female
- According to Princeton Review, University of Central Missouri was ranked #1 in Best Colleges in the Midwest Ranking in 2017 for the 11 consecutive years.
- The Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies of University of Central Missouri is accredited by AACSB International, Aviation Accreditation Board International and the Council on Social Work Education.
- University of Central Missouri is also known for the its important role in the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search Project. The GIMPS project at UCM is a university-wide effort managed by Curtis Cooper and Steven Boone.
- University of Central Missouri also runs the student run publication including the weekly newspaper, The Muleskinner and an online publication called digitalburg.com that covers the Johnson County area. Both publications are reviewed by the faculty members of the university.
- The Honors College of the University of Central Missouri is highly regarded in the region for its benefits which mainly include, early enrollment, one-on-one advising with the Dean, smaller classes, Honors-only courses and colloquia.
- University of Central Missouri athletic teams, known as Mules (Men’s team) and Jennies (Women’s team) play and participate in variety of sports including basketball, baseball, women's bowling, American football, golf, women's soccer, softball, cross-country, track, volleyball and wrestling and also compete in the Mid–America Intercollegiate Athletics Association.
- The James C. Kirkpatrick Library (JCKL) is the library of the University of Central Missouri which covers over 480,000 circulating volumes.
- University of Central Missouri is also a home to the McClure Archives and University Museum, Harmon Computer Center, Learning Commons, and Center for Teaching and Learning.
Get All Your Questions Answered
Part Time Work Allowance
We have proven to be successful with about 99% of our students and we're like really proud
Air Ticketing Course
3 minutes read
Do flying airplanes fascinate you? Were you curious about those flying airplanes and dreamt of maki...