What could be better than enrolling in a hotel management program on an island country like New Zealand, which is home to both serene wilderness and thriving cities? Doesn’t that sound alluring? You can study hotel management in New Zealand, apply for a work visa, and continue living there in addition to the beautiful scenery.
Continue reading to learn more about the top institutions for hotel management in New Zealand as well as the most sought-after hospitality programs there for international students!
|Type of Program||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate|
|Courses||Consumer Service Management, Digital Marketing, Food Tourism, Human Resources Management|
|Duration||6 months to 4 years|
|Tuition Fees||NZD 15,00 – NZD 40,000|
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue a Hotel Management Degree in New Zealand?
Let’s go through some more benefits of doing a hospitality management degree in New Zealand as the introduction offered you a brief overview of the program. Here are the main justifications for studying hotel management in New Zealand:
- According to the QS Subject Rankings 2023, three institutions in New Zealand that specialize in hotel management are among the top 40 universities worldwide
- In New Zealand, there has been a growth in the hotel sector. According to one of New Zealand’s official estimates, one in every 12 jobs and roughly 4 million foreign visitors per year account for about a fifth of the country’s export revenue
- Enticing culinary culture
- International benchmarks for quality control
- There is the option of studying hotel management at many types of institutions, including government-run and private training facilities. Furthermore, the subject is teachable at many educational levels in New Zealand
- To prepare you for the profession, New Zealand’s hospitality programs include hands-on training in the curriculum.
- Any institution that offers a program in hotel management allows its students to work part-time while they are there.
Also Read: How to Get a PR in New Zealand
Top Hotel Management Courses & Colleges in New Zealand
If you want to achieve newer heights in your career, you need to ensure you’re enrolling in one of the best colleges in New Zealand for your hotel management courses. Here’s a table:
|QS Ranking 2023||University Name||Courses||Intake||Tuition Fees|
|331||Waikato University||Hospitality Marketing Research||March, July||NZD 25,000|
|275||Victoria University of Wellington||Consumer Services Management, HR Management for Hospitality||February||NZD 30,000|
|486||Auckland University of Technology||Hospitality Operations Management, Digital Marketing||February or July||NZD 30,000|
|–||Manukau Institute of Technology||Food and Beverage Services, Baking and Cookery||February, May, July, October||NZD 23,000|
|–||Ara Institute of Technology||Restaurant Operations, Hotel Operations||February, January||NZD 22,000|
This is one of the most important things you need to know if you’re looking for hotel management courses in New Zealand. Make sure you pay close attention to the application process to ensure you’re securing a position in a good college.
- Determine which New Zealand hotel management courses you want to enroll in.
- Create a calendar with all of the dates and deadlines for university admissions.
- Take standardized tests in advance of the admissions procedure in step three.
- Keep all paperwork accessible.
- Use the university website to apply for the course.
- Prepare the paperwork needed to apply for a student visa.
- Apply for a student visa in step seven.
Also Read: Part-Time Jobs in New Zealand
The documents required for hotel management courses in New Zealand are:
- A total of two letters of recommendation
- SOPs, or statements of purposes
- A transcript of grades
- PG programs require a bachelor’s degree
- Students taking art or design courses will create portfolios.
- Achievement awards and extracurricular activities
After you complete your hotel management courses in New Zealand, here are the job opportunities you will receive:
- Hotel manager
- Tourism consultant
- Special events planner
- Government policy advisor
- Operations Manager
- Catering services manager
- Business entreprenuer
Also Read: Highest Paying Jobs in New Zealand
A. Depending on the university and course you choose, you will require NZD 10,000 – NZD 40,000 to complete your hotel management in New Zealand.
A. New Zealand has some of the most top-ranking universities for hotel management.
A. Some of the most popular countries to study hotel management include France, New Zealand, Switzerland, Netherlands, etc.
This is everything you need to know about hotel management courses in New Zealand. If you’re planning to fulfill your study abroad dream, make sure you contact Leverage Edu. Call us on 1800 572 000 for a 30-minute free counselling.