Utrecht University is a prestigious public university in Utrecht, Netherlands. The university was founded in 1636 and is an esteemed institution which is consistently positioned in the top 15 in continental Europe and in the worldwide top 100 of international rankings. This university is also a member of the renowned League of European Research Universities.
The Utrecht University– Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of outstanding scholarships to students who want to pursue a master’s degree in some selected fields at the prestigious Utrecht University.
|Scholarship||Utrecht Excellence Scholarship|
|Granted by||Utrecht University, Netherlands|
|Valid for||International Students from outside the European Economic Area|
This Blog Includes:
While the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is for international students, students who wish to avail this scholarship must first fulfil the eligibility criteria, as noted below:
- Candidates must not hold an EU/EEA passport.
- Candidates should not be eligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- The candidate must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This should be proved by either a signed statement from their school, a reference letter or a class ranking certificate.
- The candidate must have completed their secondary school and/or UG degree outside the Netherlands.
- The candidate should have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2023.
If the candidate fails to meet any of the above-given conditions, their application process will automatically be ruled out and they will not be considered for the scholarship.
Also Read: Fully Funded Republic of Mauritius Scholarship for Africans
Application Process for the Scholarship
The candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship can submit their application online. A detailed step-by-step guide on how to apply for the scholarship is mentioned below:
- The candidates are required to visit the official website of the university to fill out their application.
- The candidates are supposed to choose their preferred master’s program and submit. If it is not done, then the UES application will be deleted.
- Once this is done, the candidate has to go to Osiris Online Application and log in with Osiris’ username and password.
- A “new application” section will be given. Click on the link. Answer the questions which are asked and upload the required documents. The candidate is supposed to also upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10% of their class.
- Once all the documents are submitted, the application process will be over.
Selection Criteria for the Scholarship
Once candidates have submitted their applications, the university would sit and evaluate the applications received. The candidates who are eligible for the scholarship will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- The candidate should have the required academic qualifications and should be promising in the proposed field of study.
- The candidate should have an excellent academic record. It should be proved by having documents such as a class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution summary, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by the university, etc.
- The quality and importance of the motivation letter will also be considered as a criterion for the selection.
- The quality of the application for the master’s programme will also be considered.
Benefits of Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is provided by the Utrecht University, Netherlands. It is an initiative taken by the university to provide financial help to international students. The benefits which are given under this scholarship are as follows:
- This is not a fully funded scholarship, therefore the students may be required to find other financial support.
- The scholarship either covers the entire tuition fee or the tuition fee plus income required for a period of one year linked to a residence permit for study as determined by the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service).
- The candidates applying for the scholarship must keep in mind that the scholarship would only be renewed if the student is seen making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is only available for students who want to pursue a master’s degree. This scholarship is not available for students who want to pursue bachelor’s or PhD degrees.
The students who want to apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship can submit their applications online by visiting their official website. A detailed application process is given in the blog.
Students who wish to pursue their master’s degree, do not hold an EU/EEA passport and are among the 10% of their graduating class can apply for the scholarship. Detailed eligibility criteria are given in the blog, students can refer to the blog to know more about the eligibility criteria.
In this blog, we have discussed the details of the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships. We hope students will find the information in this blog useful and can use this information to apply for the scholarship.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.