Candidates aiming to pursue a professional course abroad and belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) community should apply for PG Scholarship for SC/ST students. Many students who are meritorious but can not afford to study should apply for such scholarships.
There are many scholarship programs which are given only to people who belong to the strata of society which is deprived of basic necessities.
Keep reading the blog to know more about the PG scholarship for SC/ST students.
This Blog Includes:
National Overseas Scholarships
This scholarship scheme facilitates low-income and economically weak background students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) category to achieve their Post-Doctoral courses and Master’s Degrees such as Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from abroad.
The National Overseas Scholarship will provide monetary assistance to some selected, meritorious students admitted to Master’s and PhD courses in foreign universities which are recognized. Under this scholarship program, the students have to undergo 2 selection rounds. In the first round, candidates get the offer letter from 500 top QS-ranked universities.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The age limit for this scholarship program is 35 years of age.
- The candidate applying for this scholarship should have scored at least 60% marks in the examination.
- The student’s total family income can not be more than INR 8 lakh and the scholarship will only be granted to just two members of a family.
TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
This scholarship scheme is a program, especially for students belonging to SC/ ST category who want to pursue their higher education abroad. This is a state-level scholarship provided by the Government of India. Under this scheme, the candidates will get approx INR 10 lakh tuition fee which will be payable in 2 separate instalments. Talking about the first portion, an amount of INR 5 lakhs will be payable only when the candidate will produce their immigration card. The second portion of the remaining INR 5 lakhs will be payable after the candidate shows their first-sem result.
Apart from this, the candidates will also receive an air ticket of only a one-way round, and visa fees reimbursement. The candidates will also be eligible for a loan for educational purposes from a reputed Nationalized bank.
The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- The student’s total family income should be less than INR 2 lakh in the previous financial year and the scholarship can be awarded to only one member of the family.
- The student must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in their examination.
- The student applying for this scholarship must be an Indian passport holder.
- The student must have good grades in their GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL/GRE/exam.
The Padho Pardesh scholarship program is also initiated by the Indian Government. This scheme is aimed at meritorious students belonging to minority communities who want to achieve their higher education from abroad. This scholarship provides subsidised study abroad educational loans. The main aim of the scheme is to provide students with the best opportunities in other countries.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The students must have obtained admission to any University Abroad. They should be pursuing a master’s degree, Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy or Postgraduate Diploma level courses.
- The yearly income of the family from all possible sources of the applicant should not be more than INR 6 lakh.
- The candidates must take a student loan only from a bank associated with Indian Banks Association (IBA).
Kerala Government Scholarship For SC/ST Students
The Kerala Government Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship which is provided to students who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories. Such students who want to achieve their higher education from abroad can apply for this scholarship program. This scholarship program also provides financial help to talented students belonging to the SC/ST background. Under this scholarship, the total tuition fee, medical insurance, accommodation, air ticket, local travel, Visa charges, etc are covered.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The student’s family income should not be more than INR 12 lakh.
- If the student’s income from the family is INR 12-20 lakhs, he/she will be entitled to the tuition fees, the charges of the visa and medical insurance, airfare and half of the accommodation expenses.
- A special relaxation is given to the ST candidates as there is no set limit on their family income for them.
- The candidates applying for the scholarship should be local citizens of Kerala and should also belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribes (ST) community of Kerala.
- The ST candidates applying for the scholarship should have got a minimum of 50% marks in their examination.
- The SC candidates applying for the scholarship should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination.
The candidates applying for the TS Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship program must have secured at least 60% in the qualifying examination. The students can refer to the above blog to get more detail on the eligibility criteria.
The Government of Kerala Scholarship to SC/ST Students covers the tuition fee, visa charges, return air ticket, accommodation, living expenses like food, local travel, medical insurance and non-refundable expenses to the institution depending upon the candidate’s family income.
The candidates who have secured admission to the University Abroad to pursue a Postgraduate Diploma, Master, M.Phil, or Ph. D level courses can apply for this scholarship. The family income of the applicant should be less than INR 6 lakh.
Stay tuned with our Indian scholarships page for more information related to the various schemes. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.