The National Scholarship Exam (NSE) is an exam conducted by the National Institute of Career Education (NICE) Foundation, a registered trust working towards helping children in the field of education.
The exam aims not only to find talented students but also to help students discover their strengths and weaknesses. Accordingly, it can also be labelled as a self-evaluation exam for students. The exam has been conducted for the past eight years.
|Name of Scholarship Exam||National Scholarship Exam|
|Conducted by||National Institute of Career Education (NICE) Foundation|
|Exam Fee||INR 400|
|Exam Duration||One Hour|
In order to take the exam, students must satisfy the eligibility criteria. Once students are sure they fulfil the eligibility criteria, they can commence the application process. The eligibility criteria are noted below:
- Students in grades 5 to 12 from any recognised board are eligible (State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE)
- Students enrolled in a diploma or degree programme (any stream/any year) can also apply.
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in India & Abroad
Candidates who are interested in taking the test and subsequently availing themselves of the benefit of the scholarship can apply online or offline at their convenience. The detailed steps are noted below:
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to submit the application form online:
- Visit the official website
- Register yourself with a user ID and password and fill out the registration form
- Use the above credentials to login into your account
- Upload your picture, as requested
- Once the picture has been uploaded, candidates will get access to the Student Dashboard
- After gaining access to the Student Dashboard, make an online payment of INR 400 using PayU SBI Collect, Paypal, Pay TM, Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card.
- Finally click on Submit to submit your application.
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to submit the application form offline:
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and read all the details.
- Go to the link that says ‘Apply Online NSE 2023’
- Download the form and fill out the required information.
- Stick a photo of yours on the form.
- Make a demand draft for INR 400 payable to the “NICE Foundation” in Nasik.
- Candidates can make the payment online either through SBI or offline through a demand draft.
- Once done, candidates will need to send the application form, a copy of Aadhar/school or college ID along with the demand draft or SBI payment receipt to either of the addresses noted below:
5, Hari Mamta Apartment, Panchak, Citric Stop,
Behind Shani Mandir, Jail Road, Nashik Road,
Nashik, Maharashtra, PIN – 422101
Kausalya Sadan, Yadav Nagar Road,
Post – Mohone (Ambivali – E), Tal – Kalyan,
Dist – Thane, Maharashtra, PIN – 421102.
Candidates can send the documents by speed post/registered post/courier/DTDC, etc.
Multiple-Choice Questions make up the national scholarship test question paper (MCQs). There will be four options in the exam.
Students will have to select the right response among the four options. Each subject is worth 25 marks and each question is worth one mark. Candidates can refer to the table below for more clarity:
|Subjects||General science and mathematics
Reasoning and analytical ability
|Total Questions||100 questions|
|Total marks||100 marks|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct answer No negative marking|
Selected Candidates will receive the following benefits under the NSE scholarship:
- All standard students with a common rank of 6 to 100 will get INR 1000 per student scholarship.
- There will be a participation certificate for all students.
- The NSE scholarship also includes a cash reward for the top school, administrator, and teacher. The foundation selects them based on their involvement and other factors.
- The winners will be awarded cash, a certificate and a trophy. In addition, the winning school will get INR 10,000, a certificate, and a trophy.
- The NICE foundation will also offer INR 5,000 to the best principal.
- The committee will choose the best instructor who will get INR 3,000.
Cash prize for students
The highest scorers in the national scholarship test who are enrolled in classes from V to undergraduate degree level will earn the following cash prizes:
|S. No.||Class/Standard||1st Rank||2nd Rank||3rd Rank||4th Rank||5th Rank|
|9||Diploma (Any stream)||25,000/-||20,000/-||15,000/-||10,000/-||5,000/-|
|10||Degree (Any stream)||25,000/-||20,000/-||15,000/-||10,000/-||5,000/-|
The eligibility criteria for National Scholarship Exam (NSE) is discussed in detail in this blog. Students in grades 5 to 12 or in a diploma or degree programme are eligible for this scholarship exam.
Students who submit their application forms after the deadline must pay extra INR 50 for late fees.
The winning school will get INR 10,000, a certificate, and trophy under National Scholarship Exam (NSE) 2023.
In this blog, we have discussed the National Scholarship Exam offered by NICE Foundation. We hope candidates interested in availing of the scholarship and its benefits find this blog useful and can use this as a stepping stone.