Maths Talent Examination (MTSE) is an online mathematics examination conducted by Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics (IISMA). Students from any educational board from class 3 to class 9 can apply for the examination. However, the students can only appear for the class he/she is studying. The MTSE examination tests the understanding of mathematical concepts and helps students to prepare for competitive examinations. The examination focuses on mathematical reasoning, mental ability, concepts, accuracy, and speed. The examination can be conducted in English or Marathi. Keep reading to know more about the MTSE exam.
|Examination Name||Maths Talent Examination (MTSE)|
|Conducted By||Institute for Studies in Mathematics (IISMA)|
|Eligibility||Class 3 to Class 9 students|
|Registration Last Date||10 April 2023|
|Examination Date||16 May 2023|
|Examination Result||1 June 2023|
|Marksheet Download||30 June 2023|
|Benefit||Cash prizes up to INR 2500|
This Blog Includes:
- MTSE Examination Eligibility Criteria
- MTSE Examination Pattern
- MTSE 2023 Examination Syllabus
- Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Registration
- How to Apply for Maths Talent Search Exam 2023?
- Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Result
- Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Awards and Prizes
MTSE Examination Eligibility Criteria
The MTSE examination is conducted by IISMA for students from class 3 to class 9. However, to appear for the examination students must meet the eligibility requirements. Only the students who meet the eligibility criteria can appear for the examination. Below are the main eligibility criteria for the MTSE examination.
- A student studying in class III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, or IX from any recognised educational board
- Moreover, the student must appear only for the class that he/she is studying.
Also read: Different Branches of Mathematics
MTSE Examination Pattern
The MTSE examination tests a student’s mathematical reasoning skills, mental ability, accuracy, novel approach, and speed. Those who clear this examination are awarded cash prizes and certificated by the IISMA. The MTSE exam is conducted online and is in an MCQ pattern. Below is the examination pattern in detail.
|Number of Questions||35|
|Duration of the examination||60 minutes|
|Marks Granted||+2 marks|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
MTSE 2023 Examination Syllabus
The MTSE examination can be undertaken by any student from class 3 to class 9. The MTSE examination syllabus is different for each class. Students can check the examination syllabus on the basis of the class. Below we have provided the syllabus.
|Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Arithmetic Operations||Roman Numerals||Roman Numerals||Integers|
|Number Sequence up to 1000||Number Sequence up to five digits||Number Sequence up to nine digits||Divisibility|
|Mathematical Expressions||Arithmetic Operations, Mathematical Expressions Brackets||Divisibility||Roman Numerals|
|Fractions||Measurement||Arithmetic Operations||Arithmetic Operations|
|Currency||Fractions and Decimals||Brackets, GCD and LCM||Mathematical Expressions|
|Measurement||Currency||Average, Profit and Loss||Indices|
|Length||Weight||Fractions and Decimals||Brackets|
|Volume||Length||Percentage||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time||Volume||Interest||Fractions and Decimals|
|Geometrical Concepts.||Angles||Measurement||GCD and LCM|
|Geometrical Concepts.||Length||Percentage, Interest|
|Weight||Profit and Loss|
|Volume and Area||Currency|
|Distance and Speed||Length, Weight, Volume, and Area|
|Angles||Angles, Circles, Triangles|
|Circles||Time, Distance and Speed|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Rational Numbers||Divisibility||Real Numbers|
|Roman Numerals||Mathematical Expressions||Surds|
|Arithmetic Operations||Arithmetic Operations||Divisibility|
|Brackets, Indices||Brackets||Mathematical Expressions, Brackets, Indices, Variation|
|Mathematical Expressions||GCD and LCM||Arithmetic Operations|
|GCD and LCM||Indices, Variation||GCD and LCM|
|Variation||Fractions and Decimals||Fractions and Decimals|
|Pythagoras Theorem||Pythagoras Theorem||Polynomials|
|Fractions and Decimals||Quadratic Equation||Pythagoras Theorem|
|Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Interest,||Simultaneous Equation||Simultaneous Equation, Quadratic Equation|
|Measurement, Currency||Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Compound Interest||Measurement, Length and Weight, Volume, Area and Surface Area|
|Length and Weight; Volume||Volume, Area, and Surface Area||Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Compound Interest|
|Area and Surface Area||Measurement, Length, and Weight||Banking and Transactions|
|Angles, Circles, Triangles||Banking||Volume, Area, and Surface Area|
|Time, Distance and Speed||Time, Distance and Speed||Symmetry|
|Quadrilaterals||Angles, Circles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals||Angles, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Parallelogram|
|symmetry, Congruence||Construction||Similarity and Congruence|
|Construction, Geometrical Concepts, Graphs.||Symmetry, Similarity, and Congruence||Statistics|
|Geometrical Concept||Construction, Graphs, Coordinate Geometry, Geometrical Concepts|
Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Registration
The MTSE exam is a competitive examination conducted by IISMA. To appear for the examination candidates need to register for the same. A registered candidate can then apply for the examination. Below are the MTSE exam registration details to be kept in mind.
- Candidates need to register themselves online. Fill in the correct information online.
- No multiple forms should be submitted. It can result in cancellation of the examination.
- Moreover, candidates must keep details the login details safe for any further communication
- After an application form is submitted, print it out for any future reference.
How to Apply for Maths Talent Search Exam 2023?
The MTSE examination application is solely made online. The MTSE examination application process is as follows.
- Visit the IISMA official website, and click on the link ‘MTSE 2023 registration’.
- Next, enter the details required such as name, contact information, email address, and more.
- After the successful registration, candidates receive a username and password to log in.
- Use the login information to log in to the account and fill out the application form
- Upload the necessary documents such as photographs, and signatures.
- Pay the registration fees, and make the payment online using the payment gateway
- After completing the application form, click on submit and take a printout of the same for future reference.
MTSE Exam Application Fee
Most of the examinations charge an application fee. The MTSE exam application fee for all candidates is the same. The payment can be made online through net banking, debit, or credit card. The MTSE application fee is INR 200 for all candidates.
Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Result
The MTSE 2023 result is declared on the official website. Hence, candidates can download the results from the official website. Those who win the MTSE examination are awarded the same. Hence, the MTSE examination results are important. Here are a few tips to remember while checking the MTSE results.
- Check the official website periodically to check the results
- Keep a copy of the examination results for future reference
- An online application needs to be submitted for reassessment. The payment for the same is INR 100. The charges are made for verification.
- A photocopy of the model answer key and the answers of the candidates will be made available after the verification process. (only for the reassessment candidates).
- The final decision is of the IISMA, and it will be binding.
MTSE 2023 Merit List
The merit list of the examination will be released on the IISMA website. The candidates whose name is on the merit list can avail the cash prizes and awards. Cash prizes up to INR 2500 is granted to eligible students. However, the amount varies on the rank the student has attained.
Maths Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2023 Awards and Prizes
The MTSE winners are granted cash prizes. The award varies on the basis of the rank of the students. Below we have listed MTSE exam awards and prizes as per the rank. Students can read this for reference.
|6 – 10 th||INR 750|
|11- 20 th||INR 400|
|21st- 35th||INR 300|
|36th – 50th||INR 250|
Also Read: CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus
A. The MTSE examination is an online examination conducted by the IISMA. The examination tests mathematical reasoning, novel approach, mental ability, accuracy, concepts, and speed.
A. Students from class 3 to class 9 are eligible for the MTSE examination. Students can be from any board. However, they can only appear for the class they are studying in.
A. The benefits of the MTSE exam are the scholarships. That is, the winners of the examination can receive cash prizes and awards.
A. The MTSE examination fee is INR 200 for all students. The fee is divided into INR 150 as the examination charges and INR 50 as postage charges.
The MTSE examination is a mathematical examination conducted online for students from class 3 to class 9. The examination is conducted to help students prepare for competitive examinations. Students who win this examination receive cash prizes up to INR 200. To discover more articles like this one, visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.