The recruitment exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the post of Scientific Assistant in the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has been winding up recently. The candidates are now waiting for the results of SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Exam which are supposed to be released in January 2023. SSC IMD notifications for results will soon be out, and the candidates will also be informed about the dates and time of submitting documents.
|IMD full form||Indian Meteorological Department|
|Conducting body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Available Post||Scientific Assistant|
|Number of Vacancies||990|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|SSC IMD Online Application||30/09/2022 to 18/10/2022|
|SSC IMD Application Fee Payment Last Date||20/10/2022|
|SSC IMD Application fee||INR 100|
|SSC IMD Exam Dates||14/12/2022 to 16/12/2022|
|Selection Process||Computer-based Exam (CBE)|
|Language||English and Hindi|
This Blog Includes:
- SSC IMD Notification on Results
- SSC IMD Vacancies 2022
- SSC IMD Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Selection Criteria 2022
- SSC IMD Exam Cut-off 2022
- SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Recruitment Process
- SSC IMD Documents Verification Process
- SSC IMD Answer Key and Marking Scheme
- Tie-breaking Policy of SSC IMD Exam 2022
SSC IMD Notification on Results
The results for SSC IMD Scientific Assistants have not been declared yet. The organisation is yet to declare the SSC IMD Results date, however the results are expected to come by January 2023. Here are a few things to know about the 2022 SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Result:
- The CBE is organised by the Staff Selection Commission under the guidelines of IMD for the SSC IMD Scientific Assistant post.
- The verification of documents will be carried out by the Indian Meteorological Department.
- The department will release admission certificates for candidates on its official website, an SSC IMD notification on release of certificates will also be issued on the official website of SSC.
- The final results will be processed by and declared on the commission’s website along with the list of 50% reserved candidates.
- Court Cases, RTIs, and Public Grievances will collectively be handled by SSC and IMD based on the nature of the issue.
Also See: TJSB Exam 2022
SSC IMD Vacancies 2022
The SSC IMD notification for vacancies was set for 990 vacancies. Now that the examinations have been conducted the results will soon be out to notify candidates who would be occupying these vacancies. Here are a few things to note.
- The vacancies are tentative and can be subject to variation from the initial count.
- The reservations granted on the vacancies are based on Extant Government Orders.
- The selected candidates can be asked to work anywhere in the country as the posts carry the All India Service Liability (AISL).
SSC IMD Exam Pattern 2022
The SSC IMD Scientific Assistant exam 2022 had 200 questions for 200 marks. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and the paper is divided into 2 parts.
|Part 1 (CBE)||
||25 Marks Each|
|Part 2 (CBE)||
SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Selection Criteria 2022
To determine a candidate for selection under the recruitment drive, the following criterias are followed by SSC and IMD:
The candidates must have attained the required age by the mentioned date to be eligible for recruitment.
- The age limit is between 18 to 30 years of age.
- The upper age limit is considered in accordance with birth dates starting from 19-10-1992.
- The minimum age is as per birth date 17-10-2004, the candidate must not be born after this date.
- The age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is of 5 years, for OBC candidates and Ex servicemen is of 3 years, for disabled defence personnel is of 3-8 years and for PwD candidates is of 10-15 years.
As of 18 October 2022 the candidate must have passed one of the following from a recognized Institution or University.
- BSc. with Physics as one of the subject; or,
- BSc. in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications; or,
- A Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- The candidate must have scored 60% marks or 6.75/10 CGPA in academics to qualify.
- The Degree or Diploma must be of 3 years duration.
- The candidate must have qualified a 10+2 examination in Scientific with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
Apart from Indian citizens, other people can also apply for this recruitment drive.
- To be eligible for a post, a candidate must be either a citizen of India, or a citizen of Nepal, Bhutan, a Tibetan refugee shifted before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanent residence.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated with the intention of permanently settling in India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, East African Countries of Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
SSC IMD Exam Cut-off 2022
The SSC IMD Scientific Assistant exam cut off for 2022 will be released soon. The cut-off is decided category-wise, based on difficulty level and number of candidates sitting for the exam. So, an expected estimate for the cut-off marks is derived each year. Here is the expected cut-off for SSC IMD Scientific Assistant recruitment exam 2022.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||74.5|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||66.5|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||56|
|Orthopedically Handicapped (OH)||50|
|Hearing Handicapped (HH)||50|
SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Recruitment Process
The recruitment process consists of 3 stages.
- Written Exam as an objective Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Document Verification by IMD including the proof of category, disability, nationality and service to the military etc.
- A detailed Medical check up.
SSC IMD Documents Verification Process
A SSC IMD notification for submission of Documents will be released on both the websites and candidates are advised to visit the websites regularly for updates.
- The candidates have to present the original documents as well as the photocopies at the date of Document Verification.
- The candidates must also submit 2 recent & coloured passport sized photographs and an original photo ID.
- The other documents include Matriculation (Grade 10) or Secondary School Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree).
- Caste/ Category Certificate in case of reserved categories.
- PBwD Certificate, if applicable.
- For Ex-Servicemen, a Serving Defence Personnel Certificate is required.
- An Undertaking and Discharge Certificate is required if discharged from the Armed Forces.
- Relevant Certificate for any age relaxation of the reserved categories .
- A candidate with name change after matriculation, marriage, remarriage or divorce shall also produce the necessary documents.
SSC IMD Answer Key and Marking Scheme
One can use the answer key to calculate tentative scores before the results are out. The marking scheme for SSC IMD Scientific Assistant Exam 2022 is as follows:
- Both Part 1 and Part 2 are to be attempted to pass the test. Both the sections will be separately evaluated and candidates will have to pass both.
- There is 1 point for every correct answer and a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The answer key for SSC IMD Exam 2022 will soon be uploaded on the official SSC website.
- To download the answer key, visit the link https://ssc.nic.in/Portal/AnswerKey and Login using your roll number and date of birth.
- Generate the answer key and download the question paper pdf along with the answer key.
Tie-breaking Policy of SSC IMD Exam 2022
In case more than one candidate has qualified with the same marks, the selection criteria is extended to the below given points of consideration. The tie-breaking among candidates securing the same marks will be followed in the order given below, the next criteria will only be considered if the former criteria fails to break the tie between candidates.
- Higher Total CBT Score: candidate with higher total CBT score will be preferred.
- Higher Marks in Part II: a candidate with higher marks in Part I will be preferred.
- Higher Marks in Part I: a candidate with higher marks in Part II will be preferred.
- After the comparison of marks in Part II, preference to Elder candidates is given.
- Based on the names in Alphabetical order: this is the last tie-breaking criteria. If the tie between the respective candidates is not broken after this criteria, then those candidates will be awarded the same rank.
A person can write an SSC IMD CBE Exam after completing a 3 year bachelor’s degree in Physics/Mathematics/Meteorology/Atmospheric Science from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA.
The SSC IMD Scientific Assistant results for 2022 will be out in January 2023.
According to the 7th pay commission, the in-hand salary of an SSC IMD Scientific Assistant is INR 35,400.
The difficulty level for the 2022 SSC IMD Scientific Assistant CBE Exam was moderate as expressed by the candidates after the exam. The cut-off is expected to vary around 10% from the last year’s cut-off.
For more updates, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter and subscribe to our Newsletter.