Military Nursing Service exam or the MNS exam is conducted by the Directorate General of Medical Services to recruit nurses for the Indian Army. Those who clear the exam will have to go through a four-year nursing degree program after which they are recruited to the Indian army for a short period of time. This Government Exam is only conducted for female candidates. All those who clear the MNS exam are appointed under the guidance of the President of India for a short or permanent commission.
MNS Exam Highlights
We have provided important details related to MNS Exam and its recruitment process. Do have a look.
|Exam Name||Indian Army Military Nursing Service Course BSc. (Nursing) 2022|
|Administered By||Directorate General of Medical Services (Army)|
|Courses offered||The undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses|
|MNS Examination date 2022||February/March 2022|
|Notification date for the next exam||May 2023|
This Blog Includes:
MNS Exam Pattern
The MNS exam pattern 2022 includes 3 stages. That is the written test, interview, and medical examination. Candidates need to pass the written test first and after shortlisting in the result they can appear for the interview process. Exam pattern details are mentioned below.
150 questions are given to the potential candidates to be completed in 90 minutes. It is an objective paper and no negative marking is given for the wrong answers. Lucknow and Pune are the centres for the written examination.
Those who cleared the written exam are called for an interview where their personality and aptitude are tested. Here your overall performance will be tested and once you clear the exam the Medical exam is the only left process.
A medical examination is conducted to check your physical fitness. The decision of fit or unfit is given by the president of the medical board of the Indian army. Finally, a merit list is put out on the basis of the written exam and the interview. Those who clear the cut-off are eventually recruited.
MNS Exam Syllabus
The syllabus is an important part of any exam and its preparation. Knowing all the important topics of the MNS exam syllabus will help you create preparation plans. The table mentioned below contains all topics that you need to cover before appearing in the exam.
MNS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022
It is mandatory that you fulfil the preset eligibility criteria to apply for the exam. Below, we have explained the eligibility criteria for the MNS Exam 2022. Keep in mind you need to present the relevant documents to prove your eligibility at the time of document verification.
- Educational Qualification– Needs to be a 12th certificate with PCBM (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English). Students appearing in the final examination are provisionally allowed to give this examination.
- Age Limit- MNS exam 2022- Has to be born between 1-10-1997 to 30-9-2005
- Marital status- Unmarried or divorced women, as well as widows without encumbrances, are allowed to take this examination
- Physical fitness- Need to have a height of 152 cm. However, the candidates coming from the North-Eastern region of India need only 148 cm.
MNS Exam Vacancy
According to the official notification, the vacancy number is different for each location. The opening is in Pune, Kolkata, New Delhi, and other states of India. MNS job vacancy for 2022 is as follows
|CON, AFMC Pune||40|
|CON, INHS Asvini||40|
|CON, AH (R&R) New Delhi||30|
|CON, CH (CC), Lucknow||40|
|CON, CH (AF) Bangalore||30|
MNS Exam Selection Process
All those candidates who are shortlisted based on UG NEET score will be called for a computer-based test. After that, the candidate will have to undergo a Psychological assessment test and a medical evaluation. The final result will be based on NEET 2022 score, online test, and interview.
MNS Exam Apply Online
To register for the MNS exam, candidates need to submit the application form first. For that, they can follow they can submit the application form you can
- Visit the official website of the Indian army and register themselves
- Once you are successfully registered you can log in to your account and upload your scanned documents. Do note that your signature has to be within 10 kb and your photograph should be between 5kb and 20kb.
- Finally, you can select your exam centre, pay the application fee, and print out the confirmation of the application form.
To apply for the MNS exam you would have to pay an application fee of 200 INR. However, the ST/SC candidates are exempted from the application fees. For them, there are no charges.
MNS Exam Result
All those candidates who have appeared for the MNS exam 2022 can check their results. For this, you will have to
- Visit the official website of the Indian army and click on the Indian army B.sc Nursing MNS exam result
- The screen will show the results of the candidates with their roll numbers and marks
- You can click ‘Ctrl+F’ and find your roll number
- Finally, you can take a printout for reference
- If you have qualified for the written test then you will be sent a call letter for the interview and medical examination. Clearing the same would mean that you have successfully cleared the MNS exam.
The candidates who have registered for the MNS exam will have to upload their NEET scores. Hence, you can say that the MNS exam requires you to have the NEET results.
4 years is the duration of the BSc nursing course.
The salary of MNS job salary is between 10,000- 15,000 per month.
As of now, the MNS exam for this year is over. The dates of the upcoming exam will be released on the official website. For more such updates about MNS Exam 2022-2023, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.