Every year Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) conducts the Agricultural Scientist Recruitment National Eligibility Test (ASR NET), also known as the Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test (ICAR NET) for candidates interested in Scientific research in the field of Agriculture or further their career as a Lecturer or Assistant Professor in 57 Agriculture-related subjects.
Qualifying for the ASR NET makes a candidate eligible to pursue Doctorate (PhD) as well. The exam notification will be released in February 2023. The examination will be conducted in 28 states across the country. Interested candidates can apply after going through the details. Read the complete article for detailed information.
ASRB NET is an examination that avails the students opportunities as Scientists in the ARS ICAR, lectureship or Assistant Professor if qualified or pursue further research in the desired field. Here is an overview:
|Name of the Examination||Agricultural Scientist Recruitment National Eligibility Test (ASR NET)|
|Other Name||Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test (ICAR NET)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Examination Language||English and Hindi|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Date of Examination||To be Notified|
This Blog Includes:
- ASRB NET Important Dates
- ASRB NET Exam Pattern 2023
- ASRB NET 2023 Syllabus
- ASRB NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- ASRB NET Cut-Off
- ASRB NET Exam 2023- Apply Online
- How to Apply for the ASRB NET 2023 Examination?
- Application Fee
- Admit Card
ASRB NET Important Dates
The important dates for ASRB NET 2023 are yet to be released by the ICAR NET. However, here is a list of the tentative dates based on the previous year.
|Registration Starting Date||26 March 2023|
|Registration Ending Date||10 April 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||April 2023|
|ASRB NET Exam Date (Preliminary)||26 April- 30 April 2023|
|ASRB NET Exam Date (Mains)||To be notified|
|Date of Interview for the post of STO (T-6)||To be notified|
|Date of Viva-voce for ARS-2023 Examination||To be notified|
ASRB NET Exam Pattern 2023
The ASRB NET Exam will be conducted through a Computer-based Test (CBT) online. The examination duration is 120 minutes in total. The ASRB NET Exam will consist of 150 questions.
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Number of Papers||One|
|Type of Questions Asked||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Total Marks||150 marks (1 mark Per Question)|
|Total Duration||2 hours (120 Minutes)|
|Negative Mark||For each wrong answer, ⅓ marks will be deducted|
|Language of the Question Paper||English and Hindi|
ASRB NET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of ASRB NET 2023 includes:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Economic Botany and Plant Genetic Resource
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Soil Science and Technology
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Spices, Plantation, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Animal Biotechnology
- Dairy Microbiology
- Livestock Product Technology
- Veterinary Medicine
- Fish Processing Technology
- Home Science
- Land and Water Management Engineering
- Food Technology
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Veterinary Anatomy
Also See: Exim Bank Exam 2022
ASRB NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfil the Eligibility Criteria mandatorily to appear for the exam. If a candidate fails to do so, they will not be considered qualified for the exam. Candidates can check the Eligibility Criteria here.
|Citizenship||A citizen of India, orA citizen of Nepal, orA citizen of Bhutan, orA Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1st January 1962, to permanently settle in India, or A person of Indian origin, who has migrated from the Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries to permanently settle in India after a Certificate of Eligibility is issued by the Government of India.|
|Age-Limit||The candidate must be 21 years old, as of 1st January 2023. There is no upper age limit. Age relaxation applies to a few categories as per the Rules and Regulations of the Government of India.|
|Number of Attempts||There is no restriction on the number of attempts for this exam.|
|Education Qualification||The candidate must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in a specific discipline with a specialisation from a UGC-Accredited College or University.|
ASRB NET Cut-Off
The result will be declared after 2-3 weeks of the examination on the ASRB NET’s official website. The expected ASRB 2023 Cut-off is estimated based on the previous year’s cut-off.
|General/UR/Open||50% (75 Marks)|
|OBC||45% (67.5 Marks)|
|SC/ST/PwBD||40% (60 Marks)|
Candidates scoring more than the expected cut-off will be awarded a NET certificate. Qualified candidates can apply for lectureships and the post of Assistant Professor at State and Central Colleges and Universities. Moreover, a qualified candidate can go for a Doctorate.
ASRB NET Exam 2023- Apply Online
The registration process will begin in the first week of November and the link will remain active till the last week of November 2023. To avoid the last-minute rush, candidates are advised to register at the earliest possible. To apply for the ASRB NET Exam 2023, eligible and interested candidates need to visit the official website of ASRB or ICAR NET or you can visit the link to proceed with the application https://www.asrb.org.in/.
How to Apply for the ASRB NET 2023 Examination?
The entire process of Registration is online and it comprises two stages:
- Stage I- Registration
- The candidates are required to visit the official ASRB NET website, i.e. https://www.asrb.org.in/.
- Enter personal details like name, date of birth and phone number to Register successfully.
- After successful Registration, the candidates will receive a provisional login ID number and a password on their registered email ID and phone number.
- Stage II- login
- Log in with the login ID and password to complete the application process.
- Fill up the personal details, academic qualifications, address of communication and permanent address details carefully.
- Choose the examination centre nearest to you.
- Upload a scanned copy of your recent passport-size photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and academic qualification certificates such as
- Matriculation or an Equivalent Certificate
- Master’s Degree Certificate and Marksheet
- Doctorate Degree Certificate and Marksheet
- Verify the details entered by you carefully once more before proceeding further with the Application Fees.
- After verification, pay the required Application Fee.
- After successful payment of the Application fee, a copy of the fee receipt will become available, download it and keep it for later reference.
Candidates should regularly check for any latest updates to not miss out on anything important. The candidates must read all the guidelines very carefully and proceed with the application once it is available.
The Application Fee for the ASRB NET examination 2023 is as follows:
The students who will be appearing for the ASRB NET 2023 exam have to carry the admit card with them to the examination centre. The admit card will be released on the official website of ASRB. Below mentioned are the steps to download the admit card for ASRB NET 2023 exam:
How to download Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of ASRB.
- Then the home page will appear
- Click on the link of the ASRB NET admit card given on the homepage
- Then the login page will appear, candidates need to fill in their registration ID and Date of Birth.
- Then the ASRB NET Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take the printout of the Admit Card for future reference.
Details mentioned in the ASRB Admit Card
After downloading the ASRB Admit card the candidates must check the details which are mentioned in the admit card. Below mentioned are the details of the ASRB admit card:
- Candidates Photograph
- Candidates Signature
- Candidates Exam Centre Name
- Time of Reporting
- Candidates Name
- Candidates Roll Number
- ASRB NET Exam Slot
- ASRB NET Exam Centre Address
The results will be declared after the completion of the examination. The results will be released on the official website of ASRB. Students who appeared for the exam have to log in by using their roll number and date of birth. Below mentioned are the steps to download the results of ASRB NET 2023:
How to download ASRB NET 2023 Results?
- Visit the official website of ASRB
- Then the home page will appear
- Click on the link of ASRB NET Results on the homepage.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- The results of ASRB NET will appear on your screen.
- Download the results and take the printout of your results for future reference.
ASRB NET stands for Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test
The syllabus for the ASRB NET Examination 2023 is available on the official website, i.e. https://www.asrb.org.in/.
The examination contains 150 objective-type questions. Each question is of 1 mark.
Yes, negative marking is applicable. One-third of the total marks assigned to a question, i.e. 33%, will be deducted for each incorrect answer in the ASRB NET Examination.
For more similar updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.