With an aim to give a comprehensive picture of the richness and complexities of another country through meetings with civil society groups and local leaders, outdoor excursions and homestays, youth exchange programs theme cultural discovery, language study, sustainability and community service. These programs build bridges across the cultures and prepare next-generation leaders to tackle global challenges. So, if you’re excited to build friendships overseas that last a lifetime along with massive opportunity to grab global experience, this blog will take you through varied student exchange programs and their benefits.
Benefits and Advantages
It is quite interesting to know, that as an Indian student seeking opportunities to study abroad, for which you have several youth exchange programs offered to gain international exposure. These are not just a great way to embark on an international adventure but bring together overarching exchange experience. Let us take a look at some of the key features that make such exchange programs so interesting:
Dynamic Learning Environment
Every country has its own way of learning and offering several courses to international students. With youth exchange programs, students experience alternative approaches to studying something that would not be offered in their home country.
Preparation for the Global Economy
The world is always in this quest of searching for dynamic people who can uplift the global economy. Since most of the colleges abroad have a youth exchange program, students have the opportunity to work in the global market.
Great International Exposure
Study abroad offers international learning and knowledge allowing youth to understand an array of cultural and community perspectives. Students learn about various global issues gaining a broader general knowledge.
Foreign country offers great challenges outside your comfort zone and familiar support network. Therefore, youth exchange programs encourage students to grow independently, make informed decisions and strive to achieve new goals.
Build Life-long Connections
Long gone are the days, when the ‘foreign’ environment would make you feel uncomfortable. Even though overseas education bring increasing pressure to communicate, people abroad are quite approachable and actively help you in your growing process. Once you learn to appreciate the culture and language in the host country, it becomes easier for you to settle and forge life-long bonds.
Also Read: Student Exchange Programs in India
List of Youth Exchange Programs
A huge array of youth exchange programs and international placements are now offered at universities worldwide with more and more students taking the opportunity to study outside as part of their home degree. Let us take a look at some of the most popular options available:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education Program (IGP) – DAAD
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
- Erasmus Program – European Community Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students
- Ontario – India Student Exchange Program
- NYU International Exchange Program
- Vanderbilt School of Engineering – International Exchange
- Community College Initiative Program
- UAlberta’s Education Abroad program
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
- Rotary International Youth Exchange
- NUS Engineering – Student Exchange
- Fortune – U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership
- The University of Sheffield Study Abroad Program
- H.H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for non-degree graduate study
- Visiting Student Program – Brown University
- Student Exchange at The University of Texas at Austin
- IES Abroad
- ASSE International Student Exchange Program
- Asian Medical Student’s Exchange Program (AMSEP)
- American Bar Association – International Legal Exchange Program (ILEX)
- University of Hong Kong – International Student Exchange Program
- Chicago Booth – International Business Exchange Program
- Yale Visiting International Student Program (Y-VISP)
- Queen’s University Law – International Exchanges
Here are some of the best tips on how to make most of the youth exchange program:
- Discover as much as you can about your preferred exchange university including ranking positions, areas of expertise, course content and schedules.
- Ensure that there is ease of access to student accommodation on campus and outside in a local area.
- Talk to former students who have participated in such programs and ask for their feedback.
- While choosing your exchange university, take care of your career objectives.
Also Read: Summer Programs for High School Students
If you’re planning to live in close proximity with people from a country and would love to experience their warmth and hospitality, take the opportunity to pursue higher education abroad. If you are looking forward to apply for a similar youth exchange program, consult our experts at Leverage Edu for a 30 minutes free career counselling session and take the first towards a promising experience.