Yerevan State Medical University, a non-profit state university, is one of Eastern Europe’s most prestigious government medical schools. The University is listed in the World Health Organization’s Directory of higher medical institutions. The Ministry of Education and Science oversees YSMU. We’ve covered everything you need to know about Yerevan State Medical University that provides some of Europe’s best medical programs.
This Blog Includes:
- About Yerevan State Medical University
- Yerevan State Medical University Rankings 2022
- Faculties at Yerevan State Medical University
- Intakes at Yerevan State Medical University
- Popular Courses at Yerevan State Medical University
- YSMU Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply at Yerevan State Medical University?
- Why Study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University?
- Yerevan State Medical University Fees
- Hostel Facilities at Yerevan State Medical University
Also read about MBBS in Armenia for Indian Students
About Yerevan State Medical University
Established in 1920, Yerevan State Medical University is a non-profit public higher education school in Yerevan, Armenia. It is a medium-sized coeducational Armenian higher education institution that is officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture, and Sport of the Republic of Armenia.
The university offers pre-degree bachelor’s as well as courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees in a wide range of subjects and fields of study.
This 100-year-old Armenian university has a stringent admissions strategy based on entrance exams and applicants’ previous academic records and ratings. The university has a glorious acceptance rate ranging from 70% to 80%. Admissions applications are accepted by students from all around the world. Students have access to a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services at YSMU.
Yerevan State Medical University Rankings 2022
The university is a prestigious institution that has been ranked under the following categories:
|QS World University Rankings||#801-1000||2022|
Faculties at Yerevan State Medical University
Yerevan State Medical University currently includes seven faculties:
|Faculty of General Medicine||6 years||MD Physician|
|Faculty of Stomatology (Dentistry)||5 years||Doctor of Stomatology|
|Faculty of Pharmacy||4+1 years||Bachelor of PharmacyMaster of Pharmacy|
|Faculty of Military Medicine||6 years||MD ‘Physician’ in the Military Forces who specializes in General Medicine.|
|Faculty of Public Health||2 years in Masters||Master of Public Health|
Intakes at Yerevan State Medical University
The admission intakes for various programs at Yerevan State Medical University are listed below:
|Postgraduate Course||1st October and 1st March|
|Undergraduate Course||1st September|
The year is divided into two semesters, with semester-end examinations and breaks in between.
|Winter Break||2-3 weeks in December-end/January|
|Summer Break||8-10 weeks in June-end till August-end|
Popular Courses at Yerevan State Medical University
Some of the popular courses offered at Yerevan State Medical University are listed below:
|Internal Medicine||3 years|
|Anesthesiology and Reanimatology||3 years|
|Dermatology and STD||2 years|
|Infectious Diseases||2.5 years|
|ENT Diseases||3 years|
|Orthopedics & Traumatology||3 years|
|General Surgery||3 years|
|Pediatric Surgery||3 years|
|Thoracic Surgery||3 years|
|Plastic Surgery||4 years|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4 years|
|Orthopaedic Stomatology||3 years|
|Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years|
YSMU Eligibility Requirements
Although the eligibility criteria to study at Yerevan State Medical University will differ from course to course and the level of degree, enlisted below is a general entrance requirement to study at YSMU:
- As of December 31st of the entrance year, the candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- According to the MCI (Medical Council of India), students must have received a minimum of 50% in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and passed each subject independently in Class XII (higher secondary or equivalent) examinations.
- If planning to pursue a PG course, then students should have a bachelors degree in medical from an accredited and recognised university.
- Candidates must pass NEET with a 50 percentile score, which means that their score must be higher than 50% of all candidates who appear.
Apart from the above mentioned general eligibility criteria, students must also require the following documents at the time of their admission:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official past academic transcripts
- NEET Result
- Birth Certificate
- Notary attested copies of the above documents
- 15 coloured passports sized photographs
- Medical fitness certificate with HIV report
- Eligibility Certificate from MCI
- Valid Passport with three Notary attested photocopies
How to Apply at Yerevan State Medical University?
Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you to apply at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Fill out the free Registration Form provided by the Representative.
- Confirm the exam date with the Representative and schedule your appointment.
- All required documentation must be submitted.
- Attend an admissions test administered by university officials.
- The exam consists of multiple-choice questions in the fields of physics, chemistry, and biology. Fluency in English is required.
- After passing the exam and interview, an admission letter is issued the same day.
- It is strongly advised that the candidate or his/her guardians meet with a University Representative before the entrance test for counselling to resolve any possible doubts and obtain references from students currently enrolled and studying at YSMU.
- Because the number of seats is limited, admittance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability.
Why Study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University?
- Low cost MBBS at affordable prices for international students
- The university has excellent infrastructure and provides oncampus accommodation
- No addittional or hidden cost of studying at Yerevan State Medical University
- It is an excellent place to study in terms of rich diversity and networking, the university receives thousands of students from across the world
- A 6-year MBBS packed with internships and work experience
Yerevan State Medical University Fees
The following is a breakdown of Yerevan State Medical University’s annual tuition fees for UG and PG courses:
|1st Year||5500 USD (4,07,840 INR)|
|2nd to 6th Year||5000 USD (3,70,763 INR)|
|Annual Hostel Fee||600 USD (44,491 INR)|
|1st Year||6500 USD (4,81,992 INR)|
|2nd Year and onwards||6000 USD (4,44,916 INR)|
|Annual Hostel Fee||600 USD (44,491 INR)|
Here are the Cheapest Medical Colleges in India
Hostel Facilities at Yerevan State Medical University
- The University Hostel for International Students is made up of two buildings. The Hostel provides all of the required amenities for living, studying, and recreational activities.
- On a shared basis, separate hostel wings are given for boys and girls. International hostels are centrally heated and equipped with essential amenities. The Hostel Cafeteria advertises itself as a non-commercial, low-cost meal option. There is also Indian cuisine available.
- The hostel has a Wi-Fi computer lab, a reading room, a conference room, an event hall, a dining hall, a television lounge, laundry facilities, and a sports field.
- The hostels are conveniently positioned just a few minutes walk from the bus stop, where students can board comfortable buses and minibusses to the University.
This was everything about the Yerevan State Medical University. Planning to pursue MBBS abroad? Selecting the best-fit university and the right course can be a bit tiring process. Therefore, our Leverage Edu experts are here to outsource all of your stress and burden on their shoulders. Contact us at 1800572000 to get started on your study abroad adventure.