For ensuring the equity of international students in the International Student Program, IRCC has committed to a few measures.
1. To continue with the annual voluntary client experience survey that includes questions related to accessibility, race and gender to understand the unique challenges faced by them.
2. IRCC is establishing Disaggregated Data and Analytics Framework (DDAF) to filter data to understand relationships based on demographics and understand the impact of a certain policy or phenomenon on people.
3. Examining the patterns and determinants of social well-being in immigration cohorts, with a focus on different racial groups
4. Reviewing the selection process and evaluating international students based on criteria more related to their potential
5. Improving client service and communication