Studying abroad comes with its own set of finances which often causes strain on the admission procedure. Being among the most renowned institutes, University College Dublin (UCD) has offered students from India a way to ease finances for studying in Ireland through the V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship. It is available for eligible students who wish to pursue their bachelor’s and postgraduate course from UCD. Follow through the blog to know more about the requirements and other highlights about the VV Giri Scholarship UCD.
This Blog Includes:
|Institution||University College Dublin|
|Benefits||100% tuition fee waiver|
|Application Deadline||31st May 2021|
|Eligibility||Merit-Based (GPA: 3.08/4.20)|
Also Read: Top Scholarships for Indian Students To Study Abroad
Non-EU/International students who wish to avail themselves of the benefits of the V.V.Giri Scholarship must check their eligibility to enroll in the program:
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the Scholarship program: India, Nepal, Seychelles, Afghanistan, Bhutan Réunion, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka Pakistan, Mauritius, Maldives.
- Students must provide satisfactory scores as proof of English language proficiency tests IELTS or TOEFL.
- The applicant must have received a conditional/ unconditional offer/acceptance of admission attached with their application.
- Students must possess good academic merit.
- Students must not have applied/be receiving financial aid from any other tuition scholarship.
- Applicants must be self-funding students.
- Students must exhibit full-time enrolment and attendance to retain a scholarship award.
- Students must have/will apply for any full-time graduate or postgraduate program at the University of Dublin.
Check Out – LGBTQ Scholarships Around the World
To enrol for the V.V.Giri Scholarship UCD, students must apply on the online portal and follow the given steps:
- Once the applicant receives the application number and password, they can log into their existing online application account using the same.
- Under “My Applications”, select the option- ‘Scholarship Applications’.
- Choose the V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship.
- Answer the necessary questions and submit the form.
Please Note: Students must have applied for the Bachelor’s or Master’s level and must have received their ‘Accept/Conditional Accept’ or ‘Offer/Conditional Offer’ for a UCD Program. Students who have applied for more than one course/program must finalize which program do they need the scholarship funding for.
The Application Deadline is different for the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Students must make sure that the application form is submitted before the date.
|Undergraduate Program||Postgraduate Program|
|March 31||February 28|
After submitting the application form, the committee in charge at UCD will assess the V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship Application forms based on a holistic review and assess each students’ academic merit and performance.
- The candidate’s scores and referrals will also be taken into consideration.
- The completion of the application form before the deadline will also be considered.
- Selected students will then be invited for a virtual or face-to-face interview before the final decision with a member of the Scholarship Committee.
- The decision will be taken based on all the points and awardees of the V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship will be notified within 5 weeks.
Please Note: The recipients must accept their scholarship offer within the given time limit by submitting an acceptance email or a letter. If an applicant fails to accept it, the scholarship will be considered as declined.
The students who are successfully chosen for the V.V. Giri Global Excellence Scholarship program will be able to study at UCD under their selected program with a 100% tuition fee waiver.
Please Note: As there is a limited number of entries, some students will be given a 50% tuition fee scholarship for their selected program.
Hope this blog helped you understand the requirements and details of the V.V.Giri Scholarship UCD. Students must apply through early applications to avail themselves of the benefits and increase their chances of being selected. If you have any queries regarding the scholarship program or application form, reach out to our team at Leverage Edu who can provide step-by-step guidance. Sign up for a free session.