Victoria University of Wellington was established in 1897 after an act of parliament was passed. Because it was the 60th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s coronation in 1897, it was named after her. Around 17,000 students are enrolled at the university, with around 4000 of them being international students. Both undergraduate and graduate degrees are available. Victoria University of Wellington is an internationally ranked, research-intensive university in Kelburn, Wellington, New Zealand. In terms of research quality, it is also New Zealand’s top-ranked institution. It conducts rigorous, relevant, and diverse research, bringing together professionals from throughout the university to address local, national, and global concerns. Want to study at NZ’s top-tier university, then here is the Victoria University of Wellington acceptance rate, admissions, popular courses for you to explore!
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Financial Aids||Scholarships and Awards|
|Average Fees||INR 13,00,000 to INR 30,00,000 (per year)|
|Email Address for Admissionemail@example.com|
This Blog Includes:
Victoria University of Wellington Acceptance Rate
With a 64 per cent acceptance rate, Victoria University of Wellington is a moderately competitive university. Students’ applications are evaluated based on their education, experience, and knowledge. Following the submission of applications and the request for written references, the institution evaluates the academic average, merit, interview scores, job and school experience, scores, and other factors while examining the applications. Admission to some programs may necessitate interviews and auditions. To be admitted to the university, students must meet all of the minimum requirements.
Facts and Figures
- QS World University Rankings 2022: 236
- World University Rankings 2022: 501
- The city’s three campuses, as well as the Miramar Creative Center, make up Victoria University of Wellington. The following are the campuses:
- Kelburn University’s Kelburn Campus
- The Pipitea Campus is located in Pipitea, New Zealand.
- The Te Aro Campus is located in New Zealand.
- The university is also easily accessible, with a well-developed public transportation infrastructure. Victoria University has an illustrious alumni list. Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst are among them.
- Staff and students can use the Kelburn Recreation Centre’s gym, which also has a Group Exercise Timetable and a number of sports leagues. On the Recreation Centre’s website, you can find more information.
- Club and group membership is a terrific way to meet new people, participate in events, and learn new things outside of the lecture hall, enriching and rewarding your student experience at Victoria University of Wellington. Joining a club or group can help you maintain a healthy balance while also improving your academic achievement and enhancing your resume.
Students can choose from over 100 courses at the university. It offers foreign students bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate studies, PhD programs, exchange and study abroad programs, online research, and route programs. The following are the areas of study:
- Performing Arts
- Earth and Marine Science
- English Literature and Language
- Legal Studies and Law Management
Understanding the Victoria University of Wellington Acceptance Rate is just one part of the process, you also have to ensure that you are eligible for admission.
- A high school diploma or certificate is required.
- In the All India Senior School Examination, or CISCE, students must get a minimum score of 75 percent.
- The best four academic subjects’ grades will be taken into account.
- Students possessing a high school diploma from another Indian state board must score at least 80%.
- The following are the English competence requirements for undergraduates:
- A bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree from a recognised institution is necessary, with a minimum B average.
- You’ll need a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 if you have a four-year bachelor’s degree assessed on a four-point scale.
- You must have received a first or upper second-class honors degree if you hold a bachelor’s degree according to the British system (including India).
- Refer to the table below for English language proficiency:
- IELTS: 6.0 bands, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- TOEFL iBT: 80 or above
- PTE: 50 with a minimum score of 42 in each component
- EAP: Minimum final scores of 4,4,4,3
- C1 Advances: 169 with no score less than 162
Your candidacy for a PhD will be determined by your academic record, research history, and the availability of supervision and other resources in the field of your research interests. Students can visit the university’s official website for more information.
Students have a choice, they can either submit an online application or paper application to the university. There is no application fee and it is open for all nationalities. The process starts with students shortlisting the best courses, checking eligibility requirements for the course as well as the visa, and starting their process. To save your research and application time, you can connect with our Leverage Edu experts to get end-to-end guidance on your university application, SOPs, visa processing, scholarships, and more!
- Application form filled out completely
- Transcripts of coursework
- Language proficiency in English
- Identification proof (copy of passport or birth certificate)
- CV or Resume
- Program-specific criteria for certain courses include a personal essay/statement of purpose.
- Official high school transcripts
- Passport copy
- SAT or ACT scores, if required
- Proof of English proficiency
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT test scores
- Financial documents
International students can apply for a variety of scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, academic excellence, and financial necessity. The following scholarships are available:
- Tongarewa Scholarship
- Waiver of Graduate Fees for Global Alumni
- Automatic Master’s Degree Scholarships
- Paid industrial or research project for Master of Engineering Practice
- Scholarship Program in New Zealand
You can connect with us at Leverage Finance and we will be happy to help you with all the necessary funding and loans.
In March, July, and November of each year, Victoria University of Wellington holds three entrance intakes.
With a 64 per cent acceptance rate, Victoria University of Wellington is a moderately competitive university.
Entrance decisions for undergraduates are determined within a week, but postgraduate admission decisions take 3-4 weeks.
Victoria University of Wellington is a university in Wellington, New Zealand
Victoria University of Wellington is ranked 236 in QS World University Rankings and hence is one of the top-ranked universities of New Zealand.
Also Read: Why Study in New Zealand and Not in India?
Knowing the Victoria University of Wellington acceptance rate can improve your chances of getting into New Zealand’s top university!