“A teacher affects eternity; He can never tell where his influence stops” – Henry Adams. It is indeed true that pursuing a career as a teacher comes with an immense responsibility that you will become the primary light for many. In a country which has a population of 1.3 billion people, becoming a teacher requires you to be colossally knowledgeable, specific Teacher Training Courses as well as a problem-solver to make learning fun and interesting. One of the exams, among many, is the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) which is conducted on the state level by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB). If you would like to know more about UPTET, then continue reading this blog to the end.
|Exam Name||UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Organising body||Exam Regulatory Authority of Uttar Pradesh on behalf of Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Total No. of questions||150|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Cut-Offs||General- 60% (90 out of 150)SC/ST/OBC- 55% (82 out of 150)|
|Language||Hindi and English|
This Blog Includes:
What is UPTET?
UPTET is conducted once a year to hire teachers for primary (classes I-V) and upper primary level (VI-VIII) levels for schools in Uttar Pradesh. Over 15 lakh students appear for this exam every year and there are two different shifts of UPTET namely:
- Paper 1: Candidates who wish to become Primary Level teacher
- Paper 2: Candidates who wish to become a Middle School teacher
The UPTET certificate is essential for those applying for teaching profiles in government schools. This certificate is also beneficial if you are planning to apply for private schools in UP. In 2018, a total of 18.25 Lakh applicants enrolled while approximately 17 Lakh students appeared for the examination.
UPTET Important Dates
|UPTET Notification||To be Announced Soon|
|Application for UPTET||To be Announced Soon|
|Application Deadline for UPTET||To be Announced Soon|
|Correction Window||To be Announced Soon|
|UPTET Admit Card||To be Announced Soon|
|UPTET Exam Date||Last week of February 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPTET Results||To be Announced Soon|
Here are the key eligibility requirements for UPTET:
- The candidate should be between the age of 18-35 years.
- The candidate should have completed their graduation in any discipline.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India/ Nepal/ Tibet/ Bhutan.
If you wish to apply for UPTET 2021 exam, then do check out the following points:
- Interesting candidates have to register themselves on the official website
- Note down the system generated registration number and the password
- Then fill up your UPTET application for the year 2021 and submit
- Pay the required application fee online. Here is the application fee bifurcation for the exam:
|Category||UPTET Application Fee for one paper (INR)|
|General and Other Backward Class (OBC)||600|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST)||400|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||100|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Here is the exam pattern for UPTET 2021 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively.
Exam Pattern for Paper 1 (Classes I-V)
|UPTET Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language-II (English/ Urdu/ Sanskrit)||30||30|
Exam Pattern for Paper 2 (Classes VI-VIII)
|UPTET Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher)
Social Studies (for Social Studies/ Social Science teacher)
Any one of the above for teacher of any other subject
From application to the selection, the process of qualifying the UPTET exam is a simplified one. Here we have listed down the three major steps of the selection process of the exam:
- Appearing for the exam
- After the exam, the UPBEB will declare the cutoffs as well as results. If you have cleared the UPTET, you will be declared as a qualified candidate.
- Then, you will be issued an eligibility certificate with which they can start applying for their desired teaching job.
Important Books for UPTET 2021
- Child Development and Pedagogy with Previous Year Papers by Himanshi Singh
- A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy by Sandeep Kumar
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- UPTET Uttar Pradesh Shikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper-II (Class VI-VIII) by Arihant Publications
- Environmental Studies (EVS) Exam Goalpost for CTET and TETs Exams, Paper – I by DT Editorial
- UPTET / CTET teacher Eligibility test Paryavarniy Adhhyyan (Environmental Studies) by Anshika
- A Complete Resource for CTET: English and Pedagogy Language 1 by Geeta Sahni
- 15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper-II Social Studies/Science
- Study Material of Hindi Bhasha CTET And TET For Class I to VIII Paper I and II by Expert Faculty of Bhardwaj academy and Educomiq
- Hindi Bhasha avam Sahitya Ka Vastunishth Etihas Complete Book By Sarswati Pandey
No, UPTET syllabus does not change after every year and more or less it remains the same every year. The syllabus is prescribed by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB).
Multiple choice questions or MCQs are asked in the UPTET Exam.
In UPTET Paper 1, there are five subjects namely Child Development and Pedagogy, Hindi, English/ Urdu/ Sanskrit, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies. In the UPTET Paper 2, there are 4 subjects namely Child Development and Pedagogy, Hindi, English/ Urdu/ Sanskrit, Mathematics and Science or, Social Studies.
Thus, UPTET is an important entrance examination for those planning to pursue teaching jobs in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. We hope that this blog helped you gain clarity about this exam, its pattern and the selection process. If you are looking for assistance in cracking the examination or for career guidance, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll help through each and every step, from exam preparation to acing the interview, thus bringing you closer to your dream career.