Ranking at the 16th position in the QS World University Rankings 2021, UPenn or the University of Pennsylvania is one of the most prestigious institutions in the United States. Along with being a historically significant institute, it also boasts of several notable alumni all over the world. If you are aiming to further your studies at this distinguished university, take a look at this blog to familiarize yourself with the UPenn acceptance rate, eligibility criteria and more.
This Blog Includes:
Before we go on to the UPenn Acceptance Rate, we should first take a look at the required criteria of eligibility which a candidate needs to fulfil to be eligible to apply for any degree program at UPenn. The eligibility criteria for international applicants at UPenn are as follows:
- An extraordinary academic record is one of the most important prerequisites for getting selected for admission to UPenn. For undergraduate courses, a candidate needs to have secured more than 80% of marks in their 12th board exams to have a competitive edge. For higher degrees, the candidates need to have the necessary qualifying degree with a first class or a high second class score to be considered for admission.
- Candidates will need to provide their ACT or SAT scores for admission to undergraduate courses and GMAT or GRE for candidates applying for postgraduate courses.
- Candidates will have to possess fluency in English and provide proof of the same along with their application. The University of Pennsylvania accepts the score of TOEFL, IELTS and DUOLINGO English tests. Needless to say, you will need a high score in these tests to be considered for selection
- A well written cv along with a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and a Letter of Recommendation (LOR) are also crucial in the evaluation of your application.
Must Read: University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate
Application Process: UPenn Acceptance Rate
To fall within the UPenn acceptance rate, you need to have an in-depth knowledge of the application process of the university. The application process is more or less similar for all the programs at all levels, although there may be some variations depending on the course applied for. The general application procedure includes the details such as the english proficiency test scores, SOP, LOR, academic transcripts etc. For international students, additional documents such as passport details, evidence of financial support etc.
Discover the Oxford University Acceptance Rate!
UPenn Acceptance Rate
For the Fall 2019 session, the UPenn acceptance rate was a mere 7.7 percent for all students. According to the official statistics provided by the university, a total of 8,379 international students had applied for admission in different courses in the 2019 Fall session, of which only 464 candidates were accepted for admission. This makes the UPenn acceptance rate for international students for the 2019 fall session stand at as low as 5.5%. Therefore, getting selected for admission at UPenn is very difficult due to the huge competition for the seats. So, to ensure that you fall within the UPenn acceptance rate, you will need to have exceptional academic records along with a high score at the exams like TOEFL and IELTS.
Popular Courses at UPenn
Now that you are aware of the UPenn acceptance rate, let us look at the popular courses of study in the university. Having a detailed knowledge about the different courses offered by the university will help you in choosing the program of your interest easily. The university has 4 undergraduate schools namely the College at Penn (School of Arts and Sciences), School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Nursing and the Wharton School, which together provide around 99 different courses of study. The university also has 12 graduate and professional schools, the names of which are listed below:
- Annenberg School for Communication
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Dental Medicine
- Graduate School of Education
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Weitzman School of Design
- Law School
- Perelman School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Policy & Practice
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- The Wharton School
The most popular courses of study at UPenn are in the fields of Engineering, Management, Business, Medicine, Social Sciences, Biology and Marketing.
Also Read: University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
As you are now familiar with the different schools and popular programs of study at the university of Pennsylvania, here are some tips that will help you in securing a position within the UPenn acceptance rate:
- Research thoroughly on the university
- Be sure to check out all the courses offered to make sure that you select the one you are most interested in
- Make sure you check all the details of your academic records and transcripts carefully
- Take time to write a brilliant SOP
- Enter all your details carefully in the application
Hope this blog was helpful in explaining the UPenn acceptance rate, eligibility and popular courses. Are you thinking of pursuing your studies from UPenn? Our experts at Leverage Edu can help you in all the processes of admission. Sign up today for a free session!