Globalization has altered the way the world operates, and cross-cultural competence and cutting-edge technical skills are increasingly important in the market both now and in the future. That is why you must feel comfortable in a world that is changing quickly if you aspire to be a future world leader.
In this article, you’ll find information about the best places to study abroad in high school based on the variety of programme options, quality educational experiences, the location, the kind of exposure provided by the schools and reviews by the students and their parents. Before we see the Upcoming study abroad destinations in 2023, let’s see what are the key points you should keep in mind when you’re trying to select a school and how you should choose which is the best study abroad destination for you.
This Blog Includes:
Key Points to Consider Before Selecting Where to Study
- Course/ Field of interest: The course of your choice should be your top priority. This process may be difficult, to begin with until a student is certain about the type of programme they want to pursue. Once a student has identified a course through extensive research, shortlisting countries would be easier. This procedure can be taken further by:
- Determine your areas of interest.
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses.
- When it comes to choosing a field, keep an open mind.
- Consider the current opportunities for gaining practical experience with a course that you’re choosing.
- Visa process: As the majority of students studying abroad want to stay in the country, it’s critical to understand whether the country’s rules and regulations will allow it. Some countries, such as Canada, offer both an immigration-friendly work permit programme and a post-graduation work permit programme. Obtaining a PR in countries such as Canada, Australia, Germany, and New Zealand is much easier.
- Entry Requirements: At the same time, if you do not meet the entry requirements for a specific university, there is no point in considering your options. It is critical to thoroughly examine and comprehend the university and course selection requirements so that your preparation efforts are directed in the right direction. Language proficiency tests, standardized tests, previous years of education, and previous years of experience are some of the important entry requirements that students should consider.
- Budget: One of the most difficult parameters for most students is funding their education abroad. Students frequently fail to account for hidden costs such as health charges, commuting expenses, and other day-to-day expenses. Tuition is only one component of the total cost that you must bear; the entire list is usually quite exhaustive. That is why keeping knowledge of your budget and choosing a country that falls under your budget is very important.
- Scholarships: International students can apply for a variety of scholarships in any country. The best, however, are those provided by the country’s government. These scholarships may cover your entire tuition, living expenses, and so on. So keep this in mind as you look into your options. This way, you won’t miss out on countries due to financial constraints.
- Employment opportunities post-study: The majority of students’ final objective is to obtain employment in the nation where they study higher education. Your long-term professional growth should be supported by the nation, and you should be given the appropriate opportunity. Immigration laws and procedures should also be properly thought out because certain nations have strict rules that may make it impossible for you to return after finishing the chosen course. It is usually best to fully comprehend the post-study visa requirements.
5 Upcoming Study Abroad Destinations In 2023
- The UK is home to a wide range of outstanding institutions willing to accept international students with open arms, whether you choose to study Arts at Cambridge, law at Oxford, architecture at UCL, or mathematics at The University of Edinburgh.
- Explore well-known London monuments like Big Ben and Buckingham Palace or renowned heritage cities like Bath, Canterbury, or Salisbury.
- Moreover, the acceptance rate in the UK is the highest and is budget-friendly due to the shorter duration of the courses. And needless to say, Harry Potter took place in the UK as well.
- Many universities in the UK provide English proficiency test waivers as well based on certain conditions. The United Kingdom recently revised its immigration regulations to permit students to remain and work for two years after graduating. The budget for UK universities is as follows:
|Tuition Fees in GBP||Living Expenses in GBP|
|UG||Starts from 13.1 GBP(INR 12 Lakhs) and can go up to 27.38 GBP (INR 25 Lakhs)||15.3 GBP (INR 14-15 Lakhs) – Inside London10.9 GBP (INR 10-11 Lakhs)- Outside London|
|PG||Starts from 14.23 GBP (INR 13 Lakhs) and can go up to 32.86 GBP (INR 30 Lakhs)||Same as above|
- When you enrol in one of the numerous prominent colleges in the US, you can come and live the American dream. University of Chicago, Yale University, Harvard University, and California Institute of Technology are just a few of the renowned institutions that are praised by both domestic and foreign students.
- This land of opportunity takes excellent satisfaction in granting individuals the freedom to live their lives as they see fit, with a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious views, sports, artistic endeavours, and public festivals to its credit.
- There are no proficiency test waivers in the US and the scores are also very high, for example in SAT exam you would definitely need more than 1200 marks for your application to be considered. The budget for studying in the US is higher compared to other countries.
|Tuition Fees||Living Expenses|
|UG||Starts from 14.23 GBP (INR 13 lakhs) and can go up to 43.81 GBP (INR 40 Lakhs)||starts from 13.1 GBP (INR 12 Lakhs) and can go up to 21.9 GBP (INR 20 Lakhs).|
|PG||Starts from 14.23 GBP (INR 13 lakhs) and can go up to 43.81 GBP (INR 40 Lakhs)||starts from 13.1 GBP (INR 12 Lakhs) and can go up to 21.9 GBP (INR 20 Lakhs).|
- Australia is one of the Upcoming study abroad destinations in 2023 and one of the world’s most desirable study abroad locations, which is not surprising considering its stunning beaches, endless sunlight, and relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Australian institutions encourage international students and have resources to help newcomers. In accordance with the QS World University Rankings 2023, Australia is home to 5 of the top 50 universities worldwide which includes Melbourne University, Sydney University, MONASH university and UNSW Sydney.
- 7 Australian cities, including 2 in the top 10, were listed as some of the finest places in the world for students. The estimated budget for Australia is given below:
|Tuition Fees||Ranges from 32.8 – 38.6 AUD (INR 17 lakhs to 20 lakhs) a year.||Ranges from 29.01-34.8 AUD (INR 15 lakhs to 18 lakhs) a year|
|Living Expense||If you’re living inside SNB, it is somewhere around 27.08 GBP (INR 14 lakhs) a year||If you’re living outside SMB it can range from 13.5- 17.4 AUD (INR 7 to 9 lakhs) a year.|
- Canada is frequently praised for providing its residents with one of the highest standards of living on earth. There is a lot for international students to learn about given the abundance of outdoor areas, which includes untamed mountains, stunning beaches, breathtaking national parks, and lush green wilderness.
- You may quickly immerse yourself in Canada’s rich culture and history whether you’re thinking about enrolling in a course at McGill University, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, or another top Canadian institution.
- The main reason why people choose Canada is the easy PR. It is also the world’s 2nd largest country by area. Comparatively speaking, studying in the US, UK, or Australia would be way more expensive than studying in Canada. The part-time work opportunities are easy to access both off-campus and on-campus. The budget for Canada is estimated to be:
|Living expenses||Tuition Fees|
|UG||Ranges from 503- 1677 CAD (INR 30k to 1 lakh) a year||Ranges from 13.4-20.13 CAD (INR 8-12 lakhs) a year|
|PG||Same as above||Ranges from 16.7 – 25.1 CAD (INR 10-15 lakhs) a year|
- Germany is a terrific alternative for international students, boasting a variety of top colleges like the Technical University of Munich, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Freie Universitat Berlin, and more.
- Studying in Germany will not cost a fortune because tuition is free for everyone, including international students, and living expenses are comparable to those of most other European nations.
- The cost of living in Germany is also very reasonable. Germany offers quality education and picturesque landscapes. Germany’s 400+ universities provide a wide variety of degree programmes.
- Despite being an industrialized nation, Germany boasts a sizable population of engineering students who can still enrol in art programmes at the top universities for their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees.
|Tuition Fees||Around 25.01 Euros (INR 20 lakhs) a year||Around 37.52 Euros (INR 30 Lakhs) a year|
|Living Expenses||If you’re living in the city centre, it is around 750 Euros (INR 60K) per month||If you’re living far from the city centre, it is around 562 Euros (INR 45K) per month|
Note: The living expenses vary if you’re living close to or far from the city centre.
Ans: Australia has the highest percentage of international students relative to its overall student body.
Ans: The easiest countries for international students are those which have high acceptance rates and easy PR visa programmes. Additionally, obtaining a student visa to study in these nations is simpler. Some of the easiest countries to study abroad are Canada, Australia, the UK, Germany, and Switzerland.
Ans: The top 5 countries which pay foreign students the highest salary are:
The United Kingdom.
Ans: The overall Best Countries rating evaluates performance on a range of factors on a worldwide scale. The finest nation in the world for 2022 in Switzerland.
Ans: These are the top 3 most expensive study-abroad destinations:
Australia – INR 34.86 lakhs per year
Singapore- INR 32.4 lakhs per year
United States- INR 30.28 lakhs per year
These are the top 5 upcoming study abroad destinations in 2023 for international students. To ensure you get selected in one of the top universities to study in any of these countries, it’s highly imperative to have your application stand out. Call Leverage Edu today and take the first step towards successfully studying abroad.