One of Scotland‘s oldest universities, the University of St. Andrews is placed among the best 100 universities in the world. The University of St. Andrews is ranked #91 in the QS World University Rankings 2022. It offers over 900 programmes ranging from pre-university to PhD level. To understand your chances of securing admission to this university, students must know the acceptance rate and ways to enhance their application. In this blog, we will help you with the University of St Andrews acceptance rate along with the application process and more.
|Type of University||Public, Research-oriented|
|Number of Undergraduate seats||7,985|
|Number of Postgraduate seats||2,133|
|Number of International students||4,377|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||8.35%|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||23,787 GBP (INR 23,87,781)|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Postgraduate Students||22,143 GBP (INR 22,22,753)|
|,Graduation Rate||35% (not sure)|
|Application Fees||42.89 GBP|
This Blog Includes:
Know everything about the Intakes in UK 2022
About the University of St Andrews
The University of St. Andrews has 7,985 undergraduate and 2,133 postgraduate students. It was voted first in the annual National Student Survey 2020 for academic experience. The University of St. Andrews is renowned for its courses in medicine, philosophy, economics, chemistry, and psychology and the admissions are extremely competitive. To study at the University of St. Andrews, international students must have a competitive cumulative score of 90 in class XII and a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60%. For non-native English speakers, an IELTS score of 6.0 is the minimum requirement.
The University of St Andrews, one of Scotland’s oldest universities, has won several important honours and constantly ranks among the top in the world. The following are some of the most recent University of St Andrews rankings:
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#91|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#201–250th|
|World Rank by CWUR 2022||#342|
|National Rank by CWUR 2022||#31|
|Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2022||#342|
University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate
With an average acceptance rate of only 8.35%, the University of St. Andrews is one of the most difficult universities to get into not only in the United Kingdom but in the entire globe. This ideally means that around 8-9 people out of 100 applicants get admission at the University of St Andrews. In the recent academic year, only 4,595 out of 10,845 candidates were offered a place at the institution, resulting in a 42% acceptance rate. However, only 1,235 were chosen out of the entire lot of 10,845 applications, resulting in an acceptable percentage of only 11%. For undergraduate courses, the acceptance rate of the University of St Andrews is around 8.63%.
|Academic Calendar||September to May (September – January; February – May)|
|Student: Staff ratio||10:1|
University of St Andrews Application Process
Applications to UK universities are submitted via the UCAS portal. The following steps will help you to apply to the University of Bath:
- Visit the UCAS portal and click on the “Apply Now”.
- Go through the course curriculum and the entry requirements
- To start with the application process, first, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with the OTP for verification. Use the login details and start filling in personal details such as name, gender, DOB, etc.
- Provide all your academic qualifications and upload the supporting documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the university and the program. But the general application fee for applying to UK universities ranges from 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620).
- Make the payment through net banking, debit/credit card. Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
Know everything about the UK Admission Process for Indian Students
After knowing about the University of St Andrews acceptance rate and application process, let’s now identify the documents required to seek admission at the University of St Andrews:
- Complete an online application at the University Academic Results official website.
- Submit a copy of your entire academic transcript, including your diploma and school transcripts.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- English test results (IELTS/TOFEL)- All students must take one of two English proficiency exams: IELTS or TOFEL.
- Students must submit a certified copy of any formative test they have given—for instance, the SAT and ACT.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- A certified copy of your passport is required.
- Paperwork about visas – All visa-related documents must be submitted
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
The scholarships available at the University of St Andrews are listed below:
|Scholarships Available||Awards||Applicable Course Stream|
|International Undergraduate Scholarship||Rs. 10,14,200||Computers, Science, Business|
|University of St Andrews – Accommodation Award||Rs. 1,55,040||Computers, Science, Business|
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme||Rs. 28,62,393||Science|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Rs. 20,00,000||Engineering, Science, Humanities + 2 more|
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. They are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Acceptance Letter
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
Yes, degree students are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, while language centre students are permitted to work a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Yes, according to UK immigration laws, degree students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, paid or unpaid, during the study term.
Although the University of St. Andrews does not normally conduct interviews with undergraduate applicants, a few course programmes, such as Medicine and BA International Honours, do.
The University of St Andrews is well-known for its diverse student body as well as its high-quality programmes. Planning to pursue your higher studies at the University of St Andrews? Contact Leverage Edu today for a free consultation. Our skilled specialists will assist you with the admissions process as well as the Visa application procedure.