The University of Portsmouth is one of the most diversified universities in the UK, offering 194 undergraduate and 144 postgraduate teaching degree courses in more than 30 fields. Along with providing an excelling academic curriculum, the university also offers students various opportunities to build their network through 150+ societies, sports clubs, and career support. The University of Portsmouth is known for its high student satisfaction and boosts high graduate employability. If you wish to study in the new age British university located on the beautiful south coast of England then here’s everything you need to know about the University of Portsmouth acceptance rate, intakes, and popular programs!
This Blog Includes:
University of Portsmouth
The University of Portsmouth is a public research university with two campuses in Portsmouth: the University Quarter and the Langstone Campus. With a population of roughly 30% international students, the university is one of the most culturally diverse in the United Kingdom. The University of Portsmouth is ranked in the Top 30 for student satisfaction in the international student survey 2020 (for the United Kingdom).
Why Study at the University of Portsmouth?
In terms of value for money, the University of Portsmouth is also a decent deal when compared to other UK universities. Indian students starting their studies at the university will have to pay between 20 and 25 lakhs. University scholarships and UK scholarships for international students, on the other hand, might lower total annual expenses by 30%. Furthermore, graduates of the University of Portsmouth have a 96 percent employment rate, indicating that they are easily recruited in the UK after completing their studies.
|Application Fee||50 GBP = INR 5,100|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/Mastercard/Credit card|
|University of Portsmouth Acceptance Rate||79%|
|Financial Aid (Scholarships)||Available|
- The University of Portsmouth is a public university.
- At the university, the enrollment rate is 94%
- However, the University of Portsmouth acceptance rate is around 79% percent.
- Here are three halls of residence: Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother (QEQM), Trust Hall, and Langstone Flats, which provide housing for around 600 students.
- With the application, you must additionally pay a 50 GBP [INR 42K] application fee.
Also Read: Masters in Management in UK
University of Portsmouth Faculties
Through its five faculties, the university offers 199 UG, 145 PG-taught, 50 PG research, and 123 short courses. Among these abilities are:
- Creative and Cultural Industries Faculty
- Business and Law Faculty
- Science and Health Faculty
- Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty
- Faculty of Technology
Must Read: Cranfield University Acceptance Rate
University of Portsmouth Notable Alumni & Network
The University of Portsmouth has a large alumni community, with over 250,000 alumni from all over the world.
- The alumni network can help you enhance your career, start a business, or meet new people.
- Graduates who choose to pursue a Master’s degree save 20% on their tuition.
- Career services, invitations to university activities, library membership, gym membership, sports center membership, and more are all available to students.
Among the university’s prominent alumni are:
- Martin Whitmarsh – CEO of McLaren Racing and the McLaren Group’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Broadcaster Ben Fogel
- Grayson Perry – English artist
University of Portsmouth Acceptance Rate
With an average acceptance rate of only 79% percent, the University of Portsmouth is one of the universities of the UK known for its high-quality education. Below, we have mentioned the University of Portsmouth acceptance rate and other essential information in a tabular form:
|University of Portsmouth Acceptance Rate||79%|
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Students||31,000+|
|Number of International Students||5,100+|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL|
The University of Portsmouth assists students in deciding on housing, rent, and application procedures. In the United Kingdom, there are both on-campus and off-campus choices for student housing.
- Student halls and private accommodation are the two types of housing alternatives available to students.
- Near campus is Student Residence Halls, which consist of separate flats with 6-8 student rooms fitted with a bed, desk, and storage facilities.
- Students can also choose private housing, in which case they are liable for all bills and responsibilities on their own.
- Wi-Fi, gas, electricity, a heater, running water, and other amenities are available in the Residence Halls. The majority of the rooms are single and en-suite. The rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
You can apply through the UCAS application:
- Register on the official site and you will be provided with your username details
- Sign in and fill in all the details
- Select the desired university and degree
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
You can also submit your application by directly registering on the official university website for masters and doctoral programs.
- All Academic Transcripts
- Passport photocopy
- Letter of Recommendations
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
How to Apply for a UK Student Visa?
Below we have detailed the step-by-step guide to apply for a student visa in order to study in the UK:
- Choose a student visa
- Prepare your visa application
- Get an appointment at the nearest visa application
- Wait for the Final Decision
Once you have got a visa appointment, you will have to submit a certificate proving that you do not have Tuberculosis (TB) alongside your application. If your application is successful and is given a green light, then a sticker which is referred to as a vignette will be given to you which you need to keep in your passport. The vignette will comprise of the following elements:
- The type of visa you have granted (like Tier-4 Student Visa)
- The dates by which your visa is valid (start and end date)
- The conditions you must meet while staying in the UK like whether you have access to public funds, permit for part-time work, or restricted work.
- Further, you will be required to register your details with the police department in the UK.
The University of Portsmouth acceptance rate is 79% which is excellent for international students who wish to study in the UK and build a global career! Want to study in the UK this winter? Call our Leverage Edu experts and start your study abroad journey.