Founded in 1834, the University of Gloucestershire is among the oldest universities in the UK. It is a public university that offers students a plethora of UG and PG programmes in a variety of different fields of study ranging from Architecture to Hospitality. The university was granted university status in 2001 after a merger of many institutions and now has 3 campuses, two in Cheltenham and one in Gloucester. The university has also received 14 National Teaching Fellowships and has a strong portfolio of academics with industry expertise, making it one of the most popular universities for international students to study in the UK. Let’s know more about the University of Gloucestershire admissions, application process and other requirements for 2022.
|University Name||University of Gloucestershire|
|Motto (English)||In Spirit and Truth|
|Location||Gloucester and Cheltenham, England|
|Number of Campuses||3|
|Famous For||Business, Finance, Computer Science|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at the University of Gloucestershire?
- University of Gloucestershire Rankings
- Popular Courses for UG
- Popular Courses for PG
- University of Gloucestershire Admissions Requirements
- Documents Required
- University of Gloucestershire Admissions/Application Process
- Cost of Studying
Why Study at the University of Gloucestershire?
Before diving into the University of Gloucestershire admissions, let’s quickly shower some light upon why one must study at the University of Gloucestershire in 2022:
- An Amazing Opportunity to Study from the Experts: The University of Gloucestershire is known for its excellent teaching facilities and hence, students studying here gain the advantage and a lifetime opportunity to get trained and taught by some of the best-published experts in the UK, active researchers, artists and experienced professionals in their respective fields.
- Global Outlook: If you choose subjects like Film Media, photography etc., you may get international placements and field trips in places like New York, South Africa, Vancouver and Florence.
- Excellent Facilities: For sports, business, film media and nursing, the University of Gloucestershire provides students with a sports arena, Business School and Design Center, high-tech labs, mock nursing clinics and film studios. By studying and working in industry-standard facilities, the students turn out to graduate fully prepared for their professional life.
- Great Placements Score and Track Records: The University of Gloucestershire have great links with top companies like London Fashion Week and the BBC, to beachfront hotels in South Carolina or fast-paced A&E departments. Every year students from the University of Gloucestershire complete over 4,000 internships and placements in both the UK and abroad. According to the most recent Graduate Outcomes Survey, 92% of the University of Gloucestershire graduates are in employment or further study within 15 months of completing their course
- A Great Place to Socialize: The University of Gloucestershire is a diverse community of over 10,000 students both from the UK and around the world. With more than 80 sports clubs and societies, you will get to meet and learn about different cultures every day. It has over 45 festivals a year, including jazz, science, food and literature.
University of Gloucestershire Rankings
The University of Gloucestershire has achieved a Silver by Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2022. The table below mentions the national rankings achieved by the university that will help international students who are looking for University of Gloucestershire admissions, to make up their minds to study here.
|The Complete University Guide 2022||#98|
|Guardian University Guide 2022||#71|
|Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2022||#96|
Popular Courses for UG
Let’s go through the list of some of the popular UG courses that are being offered to students looking for admissions at the University of Gloucestershire:
- Sociology (BA Hons)
- Physical Education (BSc Hons)
- Logistics Management (BA Hons)
- Sport And Exercise Sciences BSc (Hons)
- Sports Business And Coaching (BSc Hons)
- Criminology (BSc Hons)
- Digital Media BA (Hons)
- Film Production (BA Hons)
- International Hospitality And Tourism Management (BA Hons)
- Television Production (BA Hons)
- Journalism BA (Hons)
- Professional Policing (BSc Hons)
- Sports Coaching (BSc Hons)
- Events Management BA (Hons)
- Creative Writing BA (Hons)
- History BA (Hons)
- Fashion Design (BA Hons)
- Philosophy And Politics BA (Hons)
Life Sciences, Medicine and Natural Sciences
- Diagnostic Radiography (BSc Hons)
- Animal Biology (BSc Hons)
- Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)
- Physiotherapy (BSc Hons)
- Operating Department Practice (BSc Hons)
- Early Childhood Studies (BA Hons)
- Forensic Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Biology (BSc Hons)
- Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons)
- Ecology And Environmental Science (BSc Hons)
Engineering and Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering (BEng) (Bachelor Of Engineering)
- Computer Games Design BSc (Hons)
- Games Art (BSc Hons)
- Industrial Control Engineering (BEng) (Bachelor Of Engineering)
- Computer And Cyber Forensics (BSc Hons)
- Computing Technologies BSc (Hons)
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering (Bachelor Of Engineering)
- Computing BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science (BSc Hons)
- Computing BSc (Hons) (Integrated Foundation Stage)
- Computer Games Programming (BSc Hons)
- Computing Technologies BSc (Hons)
- Cyber And Computer Security BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science (BSc Hons)
- Applied Artificial Intelligence (BSc Hons)
Popular Courses for PG
Here is a list of some of the popular PG courses for international students seeking admissions at the University of Gloucestershire:
- Sports Law, Ethics And Governance (MA)
- Film Making (MA)
- Educational Leadership MA
- Sports Communications And Digital Media (MA)
- Human Resource Management (MSc)
- Education (MA)
- Communications, PR And The Media (MA
- Photography MA
- Urban Planning And Design (MSc)
- Fine Art (MA)
- MDes Creative Advertising
- Landscape Architecture MA
- Creative And Critical Writing MA
- Creative Music Practice (MA)
- MDes Graphic Design
Life Sciences and Medicine
- Health Psychology (MSc)
- Advanced Professional Practice (MSc)
- Advanced Clinical Practice (MSc)
- Psychology (MSc)
- Forensic Psychology (MSc)
Business and Management
- Accounting And Finance (MSc)
- Financial Technology (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Marketing (MSc)
Engineering and Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering (MSc)
- Engineering Management (MSc)
- Game Development (MSc)
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering (MSc)
- Digital Construction (MSc)
- Computing (MSC Masters Stage)
- Cyber Security MSc
University of Gloucestershire Admissions Requirements
Although the admission requirements for international students to study at the University of Gloucestershire vary depending on the course and level of study (UG or PG), the following is a list of general or entry-level University of Gloucestershire admissions requirements that international students must meet:
|Higher Secondary Certificate/Indian School Certificate/Standard XII with a minimum of 65% from a recognised board.||Successful completion of a 3 or 4-year bachelor degree with a minimum of 55-60% from a reputable university||Successful completion of a 3 or 4-year bachelor degree with a minimum of 55-60% from a reputable university.
Applicants must have successfully completed a master’s degree with a good grade in a related subject field or hold relevant work experience
Note: Some courses may require work experience and/or a strong portfolio of work for PhD courses. Applicants may be expected to submit a research proposal.
English Language Requirements
|IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any component||IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any component||IELTS 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in writing and no less than 5.5 in any other component|
After knowing about the University of Gloucestershire admissions requirements, candidates will then be asked to submit the following supporting documents to be admitted to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Work Experience (For some courses)
- Essays (if asked)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Passport copy
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK
University of Gloucestershire Admissions/Application Process
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. Students can apply through portals like UCAS for undergraduate courses and to apply for postgraduate courses, students have to apply for University of Gloucestershire admission. You can call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to study at the University of Gloucestershire! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study at the University of Gloucestershire:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counsellors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder. The experts will then commence your application process of multiple universities through our common dashboard platform where you can yourself witness the status of your application process.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS etc.
- If you haven’t yet prepared for your IELTS exam, which is surely an important factor of studying abroad, join our Leverage Live classes and get trained by experts to score high.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Post accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, CAS-Letter.
Know everything about the UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements
Cost of Studying
|Degree||Annual Tuition Fee (GBP)||Annual Tuition Fee (INR)|
|UG Courses||£15,000||INR 15,01,500|
|PG Courses||£5,000 – £15,000||INR 5,00,507 – 15,01,500|
Note: The above-mentioned table only mentions the average tuition fees for UG, PG and PhD courses. The fees may vary for different courses offered at the University of Gloucestershire. Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu at 1800572000 to know the exact cost of studying or tuition fees for your chosen programme.
Cost of Living
Let’s also find out the average annual cost of living of an international student in the county of Gloucestershire in the table highlighted below:
|Cost of Living||Annual Amount in GBP (approximate average)||Annual Amount in INR (approximate average)|
|Cost of Living (This includes student accomodation, travel, food, books, necessities, etc)||£ 8,900||INR 8,91,366|
For a more detailed breakdown of the living expenses, check our Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator and calculate your expected cost of living in the UK.
Enlisted below are some of the scholarships that the university offers to international students at the time of their admissions at the University of Gloucestershire:
- International Undergraduate Scholarship (IUS)
- International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS)
- International Grant Award
- Progression Partner Award
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students who are studying full-time and on campus.
- Postgraduate research students who are studying full-time either via distance learning or on campus.
- Students who are studying for 1 academic year (2 Semesters).
- Students who are committed to supporting the University with marketing, recruitment and alumni activities as required.
Please note that there are no international scholarships currently available in Media, Education and Humanities and Health and Social Care for UG and PG Programs.
Are you planning to study at the University of Gloucestershire? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.