The Essex MBA aims to cultivate socially responsible corporate leaders who can provide long-term results. Essex students are well-known for their talent, ambition, and vivaciousness. The well-structured curriculum of the MBA course makes the students passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of people around them. Essex hopes to motivate people to create the world they desire. Hence, the MBA program is designed for business professionals who want to push themselves to learn new things and better their professions. We’ve covered all you need to know about the University of Essex’s MBA program.
|Study mode||Full-time/Part Time/Online|
|Maximum duration:||1-3 Years|
|Based in||Essex Business School|
Also Read: Why Study at the University of Essex?
This Blog Includes:
- The University of Essex Rankings
- University of Essex MBA Intakes
- Types of MBA at the University of Essex
- Course Structure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- University of Essex Application Process
- Cost of Studying for an MBA at the University of Essex
- Cost of Living in the UK
- The University of Essex MBA Scholarships
The University of Essex Rankings
Before learning more about the University of Essex MBA, foreign students interested in studying here should be aware of the university’s national and worldwide rankings:
|Complete University Guide||#39|
|Times Higher Education University Rankings||#301–350|
|QS World University Rankings||#465|
|US News & World Report||#633|
Also Read: Study in the UK
University of Essex MBA Intakes
Here’s all you need to know about the University of Essex’s MBA intakes if you’re thinking about applying.
|Session Type||Start Date||Application Deadline|
|Fall Session||October 2023||July 2023|
|Spring Session||Start Date – January 2023||Application Deadline – October 2023|
Types of MBA at the University of Essex
The University of Essex offers a wide choice of MBA degrees to meet the diverse interests and needs of foreign students. The following are all of them:
The Essex MBA is built around eight core modules, the MBA Essentials, and three additional modules, the MBA Toolkit, that capitalise on Essex Business School’s specific areas of competence.
You will also be able to choose an optional module from a list of MBA alternatives that are relevant to your interests and objectives.
These are followed by the Capstone, which is the pinnacle of the year’s practical Director’s Workshops and business simulations and is your opportunity to create a consultancy project, business plan, or dissertation.
Let’s look at the criteria for getting an MBA from the University of Essex after learning about the university’s MBA intakes and rankings:
- A 2:2 degree from a recognized university is required.
- If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree, you’ll need at least five years of relevant management experience.
- 50 per cent or 5.3/10 from a Band 1 or Band 2 institution/ 55 per cent or 5.8/10 from all other universities with a Bachelor’s degree
- At the time of application, applicants are required to have at least three years of relevant, professional job experience.
- To apply for the Essex MBA, you do not need to have taken the GMAT, however, we prefer students who have a GMAT score of 600 or above. Please send your GMAT score if you have taken it since it will help your application and chances of receiving a scholarship.
Also Read: Study in UK Without IELTS
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Academic selection criteria are used by the University to judge an applicant’s capacity to finish a program at the University of Essex. You could ask for detailed details about past modules studied or job experience if it’s relevant.
- This postgraduate programme can be applied online. Please review their information about the materials they will require as part of your application before applying.
- They tend to respond to all applicants within two weeks. If you are able to grab a spot, you will be notified through email.
- Please visit their ‘how to apply‘ section for details on the application deadline for this course.
- MBA applicants will be required to participate in a face-to-face, online, or telephone interview.
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- Competitive exam scorecard
- Photocopy of your passport
- Detailed resume
- MBA Essays
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Research proposal (Optional)
- Other important certificates and transcripts
- UK Student Visa
University of Essex Application Process
The application process for an MBA or any other program at the University of Essex is outlined here.
- After paying a fee, applicants submit their applications using the UCAS Apply and Track Service.
- Fill out all of the required information, submit your statement, choose a course, and follow the status of your application.
- The Admissions Team looks over all of the applications that have been submitted.
- UCAS Track is a service that offers information about the choice.
- Students can accept the offer as a firm (first) or insurance (second) choice using UCAS Track.
Also Read: MBA in the UK for Indian Students
Direct Admission Form
- On the Admission Form of Essex website, create a profile, username, and password.
- You must first log in to complete the application form.
- Include any relevant information, such as a personal statement and higher education credentials.
- My Essex applicant site allows you to track the status of your application and get information about the offer.
- Follow the directions in the offer letter.
Cost of Studying for an MBA at the University of Essex
The fees for an MBA at the University of Essex are listed in the table below:
|Full-time/ Part-time MBA||21,000||21,50,597|
Note: Fees will increase for each academic year of study.
Cost of Living in the UK
The cost of attending the University of Essex includes tuition, as well as food, accommodation, and other living expenses. Some of the expenses involved with attending the University of Essex are listed here.
|Accommodation||GBP 3,828 (INR 3.82,000)|
|Internet and phone service||GBP 324 (INR 32,300)|
|Transportation||GBP 924 (INR 92,200)|
|Food||GBP 2,004 (INR 2,00,000)|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 1,164 (INR 1,16,000)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||GBP 240 (INR 23,900)|
Click here to find the most suitable Student Accommodation in the UK
The University of Essex MBA Scholarships
The University of Essex provides several scholarships to international MBA students. Some of the most well-known scholarships available to international students include:
|The Essex MBA Dean’s Award||Charge reductions ranging from 10% to 100% of the tuition fee amount are available.|
|Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarships||Varying Amounts|
|International Baccalaureate Excellence Scholarship||2,000 GBP(INR 2,02,819)|
|Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship||5,000, GBP(INR 5,07,049)|
Ans. The Association of MBAs (AMBA) has approved the Essex MBA, placing Essex Business School in the top 2% of business schools worldwide.
Ans. The University of Essex has an admission rate of roughly 74%, making it the top university in the UK to study at.
Ans. Immerse yourself in our one-year intense programme. Part-time learning allows you to complete your MBA in 2-3 years while still working or running your own business.
This was all about The University Of Essex MBA. If you need any more assistance with institutions, the application process, finances, paperwork, or anything else, call the Leverage Edu professionals at 1800-572-000 and let them give you outstanding end-to-end mentorship and advice to help you make your study abroad goal a reality in no time!