The University of Edinburgh, which was founded in 1582, is the 6th oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland‘s oldest universities. As many historical buildings in Edinburgh are owned by the University of Edinburgh, the university is firmly entrenched in the city’s culture. The university spreads across Central Area, King’s Building, BioQuarter, Western General and Easter Bush. Edinburgh is notably affiliated with the Russell Group and the League of European Research Universities. The university is also home to various well-known university alumni associated with them, such as Bill Gates, Neil Armstrong, Justin Trudeau, A.P.J Abdul Kalam, etc. The university receives over 60,000 applicants each year. Let’s know more about the University of Edinburgh admissions for 2022.
|Campus||Central Area, King’s building, BioQuarter, Western General and Easter Bush|
|International Students||25% approx|
|Acceptance Rate||40 – 50%|
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Fundings|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Edinburgh?
- University of Edinburgh Rankings
- University of Edinburgh Admissions Deadline 2022
- University of Edinburgh Admissions Acceptance Rate
- Popular Courses and Fees
- University of Edinburgh Admissions Requirements for UG
- University of Edinburgh Admissions Requirements for PG
- Documents Required
- University of Edinburgh Admissions/Application Process
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Why Choose Edinburgh?
Before we get into the University of Edinburgh admissions and application process, let’s have a look at why one should attend this university in the United Kingdom.
- The University of Edinburgh is consistently listed in the top 50 universities in the world and was ranked 16th in the QS World University Rankings in 2022. Employers ranked graduates of Edinburgh 25th in the world.
- According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF2014), 83% of their research activity is recognised as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the highest categories. Edinburgh holds an international reputation for cutting-edge research in a variety of fields.
- The Quality Assurance Agency has granted them the highest suitable rating for the quality of the student learning experience. They are actively trying to come up with new ways to teach in order to figure out which methods work best for candidates.
- Edinburgh is a compact city with great transportation links, making it easy to get around and travel to other locations of Scotland. It is ranked in the top 20 student cities in the world.
Also read about the University of Exeter Admissions Guide for 2022
University of Edinburgh Rankings
Before we move onto admission deadlines of the University of Edinburgh, let’s take a look at rankings of the university according to the QS World Rankings, THE Rankings, etc to know where the university stands across the globe.
|Source||Ranking 2021||Ranking 2022|
|QS World University Ranking||#20||#16|
|US News and World Report||#30||#32|
|CWUR (World Rank)||#45||#45|
|CWUR (National Rank)||#06||#06|
University of Edinburgh Admissions Deadline 2022
To ensure that your application is evaluated, you should submit it by the deadline. Below is the UCAS application timetable for the University of Edinburgh Admissions 2022 entry.
|1 September 2021||Applications open for 2022 entry.|
|15 October 2021||Application deadline for the medicine and veterinary medicine courses|
|26 January 2022||This is the deadline for UK applicants. It is also suggested to EU and International applicants to apply by this date.|
|30 June 2022||This is the UCAS application deadline for all international applicants. Candidates must apply on or before 15 January.|
University of Edinburgh Admissions Acceptance Rate
- The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate was 40% to 50% making the university moderately easy to get into.
- This means that roughly 40 to 50 candidates or applicants get admission into this university out of every 100 applicants.
- The University of Edinburgh Postgraduate acceptance rate is 48% for all postgraduate taught programs for every two students applying for a program, one of them has a strong chance to land their admit.
- The University of Edinburgh acceptance rate for undergraduate admissions is 46% which means every 4 students out of a total of 9 students successfully get admission.
Here’s everything to know about the University of Bristol Admissions Guide for 2022!
Popular Courses and Fees
Below is the breakdown of popular undergraduate and postgraduate courses of University of Edinburgh admissions, along with the course fees for international students.
|Course||Fees (in GBP)|
|BA Architecture||28,950 (INR 29 Lakhs)|
|BSc Applied Mathematics||22,000 (INR 22 Lakhs)|
|BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science||28,950 (INR 29 Lakhs)|
|Course||Fees (in GBP)|
|MBA||35,900 (INR 36 Lakhs)|
|MSc Accounting and Finance||22,000 (INR 22 Lakhs)|
|MSc Data Science||34,200 (INR 34 Lakhs)|
|MSc Management||32,121 (INR 32 Lakhs)|
|MA Economics||28,380 (INR 28 Lakhs)|
University of Edinburgh Admissions Requirements for UG
Enlisted below are the major eligibility criteria that a student has to keep in mind before applying for an undergraduate program at the University of Edinburgh.
- Achieved academic scores as per the high school qualifications are a mandatory part of the eligibility requirements. Although the requirements vary across programs, a minimum of 80% is required to be achieved at the higher secondary level.
- Undertaking an English proficiency test is compulsory for international student to demonstrate their capacity of using the language. The university accept globally recognized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Other factors that will be taken into account are admission essays, LORs, SOP, activities participated in and any accolades won.
University of Edinburgh Admissions Requirements for PG
Mentioned below are some of the important postgraduate eligibility prerequisites.
- Official Transcripts and Certificates of the undergraduate studies
- SOPs and LORs
- Work experience, if needed for the program
- Ceratin courses might require the student to submit GMAT scores
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at the University of Edinburgh in 2022:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs (Two for postgraduate programs)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Parental understanding structure to study with us (marked by parent or guardian)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK
University of Edinburgh Admissions/Application Process
The University of Edinburgh application/admission process takes place through UCAS. The UCAS code for the University of Edinburgh is E56. If you are applying for UG courses, you need to pay 20 GBP (INR 2,012) for UG and 50 (5,031) GBP for PG courses. Visit the official website of UCAS and start your application process.
Step 1: Vist the UCAS Portal and Apply
The university will make decisions regarding your application based on your completed UCAS form. Make a list of all the qualifications you have and are currently pursuing. You can also tell us about any previous employment experience you have.
Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000 to streamline and ease the entire application process for the University of Edinburgh.
Step 2: Track your Application
UCAS Hub allows you to keep track of the status of all of your applications. They will send you an email with your login information for the online portal after they’ve received your application.
Step 3: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams
GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype.
Step 4: Gather Important Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 5: Submit your Application
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission at the University of Edinburgh make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 6: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidising, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. They are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
Know more about the UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements
You must have a 3.25 GPA and an undergraduate degree from a recognised university or college.
Scotland’s most prestigious institution is the University of Edinburgh. It is one of the top colleges in the world for the arts and humanities, as well as law and psychology.
According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF2014), 83% of their research activity is recognised as ‘world leading‘ or ‘internationally excellent in the highest categories. Edinburgh holds an international reputation for cutting-edge research in a variety of fields.
The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate was 40% to 50% making the university moderately easy to get into.
The UCAS code for the University of Edinburgh is E56. If you are applying for UG courses, you need to pay 20 GBP and 50 GBP for PG courses.
This is all about University of Edinburgh admissions for 2022. Being one of the top 50 universities across the globe, you would not like to miss out on your chance to apply to the University of Edinburgh. To make your application process faster and smoother, reach out to Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 and get the right professional help and land into your dream university in the UK!