The University of Central Arkansas (UCA) is a public university in the USA. It is one of the notable and the oldest university in the state of Arkansas. UCA ranks between 801-1000 according to the QS World University Rankings 2019. The university takes pride in its exceptional education programs, diverse culture, various extracurricular activities, and professional faculty. With over 120 buildings within 356 acres, UCA is also one of the largest universities in the states. The most notable courses of the university are performing arts, business, psychology, and nursing. The student-oriented structure and programs at UCA have attracted students globally with 4.8% of international students among the entire student’s body. Check this blog for further details about the leading university of Central Arkansas.
This Blog Includes:
Fast Facts About UCA
|No.of Colleges||6 (Business, Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Health and Behavioural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences and Mathematics.)|
- Best known for Humanities, Business, Performing Arts, and Psychology.
- 4.8% of international students among the entire student’s body
- Endowment Value: $48.6 million (2015)
- The Classes at UCA began in 1908 with 107 students and 7 faculty members.
- In 1925, Arkansas State Normal School was known as Arkansas State Teachers College because it was known as the prime teacher training college in the State of Arkansas.
- The Faculty/Student Ratio at UCA is 1:16
- UCA is one of the oldest universities in the U.S. state of Arkansas.
- UCA comprises 200 student organizations including 23 Greek societies.
Why study at UCA
Here are some major benefits of studying at the University of Central Arkansas:
UCA is one of the most affordable universities with high-class education. The community offers 200+ student organizations, clubs, and recreational activities designed to cater to each student’s unique passion and interest. This helps students engage in campus life and makes their stay memorable. Since 1915, UCA also has 23 Greek societies that have been an important part of the campus life which help participation in campus activities, offer scholarships, and also support working with diverse groups of people. Apart from these, UCA also offers various sports included in the athletic program to encourage fitness. Baseball, Softball, Volleyball are a few sports among the many to name!
UCA has witnessed significant people who have had their alma mater at the university. The following are a few of the notable alumni at UCA:
- Sheffield Nelson (American attorney)
- Scottie Pippen (American basketball player)
- Gil Gerard (American actor)
- Benjamin Travis Laney (Former Governor of Arkansas)
- Hiroyuki Nishimura (Japanese entrepreneur)
Latest Updates – UK Universities Adapting Fast to the Pandemic
Academic Courses at University of Central Arkansas
The University of Central Arkansas offers 156 degrees and certificates which includes 64 graduate degrees, and 37 online degrees for students to explore and benefit from. Apart from being known for business and humanities, UCA provides top-notch graduate and undergraduate academic programs in the following areas.
|Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences||Art
Communication (Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Writing)
Films, Theatre, and Creative Writing
Languages, Linguistics, Literatures, and Cultures
Philosophy and Religion
Sociology, Criminology, and Anthropology
Economics, Finance, and Insurance and Risk Management
Marketing and Management
Management Information Systems
|Education||Elementary, Literacy, and Special Education
Teaching and Learning
|Health and Behavioral Sciences||Communication Sciences and Disorders
Exercise and Sport Science
Family and Consumer Sciences
Military Science and Leadership
Psychology and Counseling
|Natural Sciences and Mathematics||Biology
Chemistry and Biochemistry
Physics and Astronomy
The academic terms at UCA are divided over 3 intakes across the year. The following are the application deadlines for each term.
|Spring Semester (January – May)||December 1|
|Summer (June – August)||April 15|
|Fall Semester (August- December)||July 10|
Research Opportunities at University of Central Arkansas[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Research is an essential field in every institution that promotes practical learning. Along with preparing students for their work-life, UCA also has various departments and groups designed for students to explore the research tools. These departments provide exciting and engaging activities in the following fields.
- UCA Concussion Management Program
- Inter-Professional Education
- Adult Neurological Research Group
- Arkansas Center for Research in Economics (ACRE)
- Client Feedback in Counseling
- Corrections, Culture, and Career Lab
- Camp Halsey Archaeological
- Taxation and the Behavior of Individuals, Entities, and Governments
Also Read: Everything About UK University Clearing 2020
Career and Employment
UCA provides various facilities for students to explore after their studies. They also expose the students to a large network of employers and companies that are eager to hire them.
- This year UCA has also organized an exclusive virtual career fair with interesting and benefiting features.
- The university also provides mock interviews and resume reviews to create budding professionals from their campus.
- Apart from these, UCA also has career coaches and career planning assessments that help students identify their potential and select the right company.
Hence, we hope that this blog helped you find the details of the University of Central Arkansas! UCA is a place with many opportunities and options for students to build promising careers. For any assistance or help, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you throughout the application process. Sign up for a free session with us today!