The University of Aberdeen is a well-known Scottish institution founded on public research. It is a university that was established in 1495 and is divided into 12 schools. The University of Aberdeen has routinely been placed among the world’s top 200 universities in recent years. Let’s explore University of Aberdeen admissions, rankings, eligibility and more.
This Blog Includes:
Aberdeen University is a well-known and authorized institution. It is considered one of the best colleges in the world. The following table lists the University of Aberdeen’s national and international rankings:
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#205|
|QS WUR Ranking by Subject 2022||#38|
|Graduate Employability Ranking||#251-300|
|Times Higher Education Rankings 2022||#158|
|UK Guardian University Guide and Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022||#20|
|Subjects||Number of Courses|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||49|
|Business and Management||71|
|Arts and Humanities||125|
|Social Sciences and Management||75|
|Subjects||Number of Courses|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||50|
|Business and Management||34|
|Arts and Humanities||44|
|Social Sciences and Management||101|
|Engineering and Technology||30|
University of Aberdeen Admission Requirements
International students must have a minimum of 75 % on their High School diploma and a minimum of 6 bands in IELTS for UG and 6.5 bands in PG.
- Previous Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Proof
- Standardized Test Score
- Recommendation Letter
- Passport Copy
- An essay or Personal Statement
- Country-specific requirements
- UK student visa
UK Visa Requirements
International students must start their UK visa process up to three months before the commencement of their course. Students are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Acceptance Letter
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for students below the age of 18)
- TB test results
University of Aberdeen Admission Process
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the UK. Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Cost of Studying
|Courses||Annual Fees (INR)|
|UG||17,42,016 to 19,95,216|
|PG||20,25,600 to 30,38,400|
Cost of Living
|Accomodation||5,57,000 to 7,08,960|
|Books and Supplies||1,01,280|
|Transportation||50,640 to 1,01,280|
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
The fellowship is supported by the UK government and is available to students pursuing postgraduate studies. A monthly stipend of 1,116 GBP (INR 1,13,00) is given to the recipients. This scholarship is available to students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
A scholarship programme for students from India, Pakistan, and other Asian and American countries. Scholarships worth 8,000 GBP (INR8,00,000) will be awarded to students pursuing a master’s degree programme on a yearly basis.
The Institution of Aberdeen is Scotland’s third-oldest university and the United Kingdom’s fifth-oldest university. Since 1495, the University has been serving the community. Its law programme is the most recent, having been established in the same year.
The University has a 78 % acceptance rate, indicating that it is less selective.
International students must submit their high school or bachelor’s transcripts, as well as proof of English proficiency, and SAT/ACT score, a GMAT/GRE score, personal statements/essays/resumes, a passport copy, and a Visa application.
Are you planning to study at the University of Aberdeen? Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process.