Is the business enthusiast in you looking for a place to hone your entrepreneurial skills and acquire an MBA degree? Then we would like to introduce you to UBC Sauder School of Business which has secured a place for itself amongst the top b-schools of the world. Situated in Vancouver, it was first established in 1956 as the UBC Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. After a donation of $20 million by Dr William Sauder in 2003, the school was renamed as UBC Sauder, as we know it today.
Due to its interactions with the international market, UBC Sauder school of business has always provided its students with a global business perspective. The school has a relevant and rigorous teaching style, which is known to generate business leaders. It is ranked number one for study in Canada options for its research and is accredited by both EQUIS and AACSB. Sauder’s alumni network includes 34,000 successful business professionals present across 77 countries worldwide.
This Blog Includes:
MBA at UBC Sauder School of Business
Ranked as the number one business school of Canada, UBC Sauder School of Business offers a challenging MBA programme which blends it into an experimental learning process meant to bring out the best in every student.
|Duration||16 Months (Full time)|
|Program start date||August 2021|
|Application deadline (International Students)||1st round: Oct 20, 2020|
2nd round: Jan 5, 2021
Final round: Apr 6, 2021
|Document Deadline||June 30, 2021|
|Program fees (International Students)||$85,761 CAD|
|Average cohort size||100|
|Application fee||$148.50 CAD|
- This 16-month long, full-time program challenges the students to strategize like a CEO. Therefore, giving them the metal to be future leaders in big organizations around the world. The compulsory Global Immersion Experience makes each student visit countries abroad and spend 2 weeks to consult with local organizations. This helps them to understand their business problems.
- The program starts in the month of August every year. Interestingly, post 3 months of completing their graduation,100% students find employment with an average salary of 56,500 USD. The fee per year sums up to somewhere between $50-60k per year.
- UBC Sauder School’s learning curriculum is based on 5 themes: decision-making, creativity, leadership development, ethics and sustainability along with global issues and macroeconomics. Towards the end of the program, a competition called Capstone takes place. It requires students to present solutions to some real-world business problems to business leaders and CEOs.
Given below is a list of specialisation and related courses offered by UBC Sauder School of Business
|Specialisations||Popular courses||Companies hiring UBC graduates|
|Technology and analytics leadership||Data Visualization|
Business Development for Scaling Up
Economics of Strategy & Innovation
Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning
|Mountain Equipment Co-op|
Investment theory and asset pricing
Mawer Investment Management
Phillips Hager & North
|Product + Service Management||Marketing management|
Proctor & Gamble
|Innovation + Entrepreneurship||Technology Entrepreneurship|
Growing & Exiting a Venture Creative Destruction Lab – start-up venture analytics
Sustainability & Innovation New Product development
Murchies Tea & Coffee
How to Apply?
The application procedure for the 2021 cohort is live now. So, those who wish to be a part of UBC Sauder School of Business for the new academic year can apply by clicking here.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with a B+ average.
- Must have qualified GMAT or GRE
- Average GMAT score of at least 250 with a minimum of 50% in Quantitative and Verbal section of the test.
- GRE score of at least 150 in both Quantitative and Verbal sections.
- Students who have scored 650+ in GMAT or 320+ in GRE will have a competitive edge over other students.
- Must have qualified any of the below-mentioned exams as proof of candidates proficiency in English.
- Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Person Test of English (PTE)
- Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL)
- Online Canadian Academic English Language Test^ (CAEL Online)
- Candidates must have acquired at least 2 years of professional experience after the completion of their bachelors program.
- Letter of recommendations
- Students who have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience will be given more preference.
Step-by-step Application Process
- Register using all the required documents.
- Upload all the necessary documents. Required documents
- Academic transcripts
- Contact information for your two references
- GMAT/GRE score
- English proficiency exam
- Once you upload all these documents, they will be reviewed by the school. You will know the admission decision within a period of 8 weeks.
- The candidates whose application forms are approved will be called for an interview.
- The students who qualify the interview round will be given a seat in UBC Sauder School of Business.
- At UBC Sauder School of Business, the class size is around 100 students. This facilitates a quality learning experience and an interactive environment.
- Out of the total students, nearly 43% are women and 54% are international students.
- With an average work experience of 5 years, the cohort has all the industry insights and possesses relevant professional skill-set. In short, they can learn and make each other learn as well.
- The UBC Sauder School of Business is located in Canada’s Premium Business Centre- Vancouver, which is also a gateway between Pacific Rim and North America. The city is exposed to various business opportunities in Japan, North America, China, Hong-Kong and the booming markets of Asia-Pacific. Vancouver is one of the world’s most livable places.
- Precisely, the school rests in the heart of British Columbia University’s renowned Point Grey Campus, which is all surrounded by natural beauty. The UBC Sauder building offers interactive and innovative learning spaces, state-of-the-art communication technologies, and also a trading lab.
This was all that you needed to know about UBC Sauder School of Business before making the decision of whether you want to pursue your MBA here or not. We know that the admission process can be long and tedious but don’t worry because our Leverage Edu experts are there to help you out. Sign up for a free session and have all your doubts resolved.