Conducted by Osmania University, the Telangana State Eligibility Test (TS SET) is a state recruitment test for the post of Assistant Professors and Lecturers in universities and colleges within the newly created state of Telangana. Once you have cleared the examination with good scores, you will be awarded a qualifying certificate to apply for teaching profiles in a higher education institution of Telangana. Through this blog, we will explore the key essentials of the TS SET exam, its important dates, the exam syllabus, the application procedure as well as the eligibility requirements you need to fulfil in order to appear for this exam.
TS SET 2021 Highlights
|Test Name||TS SET|
|Test Full Form||Telangana State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Osmania University|
|Exam Duration and Mode||180 Minutes and Online|
|Exam For||Post of assistant professor and Lecturer in Telangana Universities|
|TS SET Official Website||http://www.telanganaset.org/|
TS SET 2021 Exam Dates
The TS SET 2021 exam dates are yet to be released. However, following the pattern from years, following are the tentative dates. Since TS SET was not conducted in 2020 due to the pandemic, students planning to apply in 2020 can apply this year.
|TS-SET, 2019 Notification||Last week of March, 2021|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||Last week of March 2021|
|Last Date for Submitting of TS SET OnlineApplication Form (without late fee)||Last week of April 2021|
|Hall Ticket Download||June 2021|
|TS SET Exam Date||June 2021|
|Answer Key Released||July 2021|
|Result Declaration||August 2021|
NOTE: TS SET 2021 dates have not been released yet and the given above are exam dates of last year for reference purpose only. We will update shortly.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The Test is conducted in a single 3-hour session and comprises two papers. The medium of exam is generally English and Telugu excluding language electives. More information can be found in the TS SET brochure. Here is a comprehensive table listing the exam pattern and syllabus of TS SET:
|Papers||Marks||No. of Questions
(2 marks each)
|Paper-I||100||50 Compulsory Questions||Objective||1.Teaching/Research Aptitude; 2.Reasoning Ability
4. Divergent Thinking and General Awareness
|Paper-II||200||100 Compulsory Questions||Objective||Elective Subjects|
For Paper II of TS SET, students are required to select from any of the following 29 eligible subjects:
|Computer Science and Applications||History||Library and Information Sciences|
|Sanskrit||Social Work||Environmental Science|
|Education||Political Science||Mathematical Science|
|Earth Science||Physical Education||Life Sciences|
Syllabus for the TS SET
Here is the detailed syllabus of each subject for TS SET Exam:
|Subject Code and Name||Mode of Exam||Download Full Syllabus|
|00- General Test||English||Download|
|01 – Geography||English||Download|
|02 – Chemical Sciences||English||Download|
|03 – Commerce||English & Telugu||Download|
|04 – ComputerScience &Applications||English||Download|
|05 – Economics||English & Telugu||Download|
|06 – Education||English & Telugu||Download|
|07 – English||English||Download|
|08 – Earth Sciences||English||Download|
|09 – Life Sciences||English||Download|
|10 – Journalism & Mass Communications||English||Download|
|11 – Management||English||Download|
|12 – Hindi||Hindi||Download|
|13 – History||English & Telugu||Download|
|14 – Law||English||Download|
|15 – Mathematical Sciences||English||Download|
|16 – Physical Sciences||English||Download|
|17 – Physical Education||English||Download|
|18 – Philosophy||English & Telugu||Download|
|19 – Political Science||English & Telugu||Download|
|20 – Psychology||English||Download|
|21 – Public Administration||English & Telugu||Download|
|22 – Sociology||English & Telugu||Download|
|23 – Telugu||Telugu||Download|
|24 – Urdu||Urdu||Download|
|25 – Library & Information Science||English||Download|
|26 – Sanskrit||Sanskrit||Download|
|27 – Social Work||English & Telugu||Download|
|28 – Environmental Science||English||Download|
|29 – Linguistics||English||Download|
Eligibility Criteria for TS SET 2021
The eligibility conditions that candidates need to fulfil in order to appear are mentioned below:
- For General Category: Candidates must have secured not less than 55% marks in their post-graduation degree (MA, MSc, MCom, MBA, MLISC, M.Ed., MCJ, LLM, MCA, MTech (CSE & IT only) to be eligible.
- For categories such as SC/ST/BC/PWD: Candidates are required to have at least 50% marks in their post-graduation degree to be eligible.
- Those who are pursuing their master’s degree course or have already appeared for the final year of their postgraduation or are awaiting their results or have appeared late due to a delay in qualifying examination can also apply. They will be admitted provisionally.
- Those candidates who have a post-graduate diploma/foreign degree from an Indian/Foreign University should ascertain their degree equivalence with a master’s degree recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- No upper age limit applies to the TS SET examination.
- Candidates can appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
- Holders of PhD who have completed their master’s degree by 19th September 1991 will benefit from a deduction of 5% in the TS SET minimum aggregate marks (from 55% to 50%).
TS SET Selection Procedure 2021
In order to qualify for TS SET, you need to follow the following procedure:
- Fill the application form on the TS SET Official Website
- Before applying, make sure you have added the following documents in the form
- Passport-sized photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Once you have filled your application, pay the application fees via debit or credit card.
- Applicants are advised to appear for the test which is the same as their postgraduate subject.
- Download the admit card as it will be required on the day of the exam.
- You need to take the Papers for TS SET.
- The exam results will be declared on the website.
TS SET Application Fee and Payment
The application fee for TS SET differs in accordance with the category of the candidate. Below given is the amount specified for each category:
- For OC: ₹1,200/-
- For BC: ₹1,000/-
- For SC/ST//VH/HI/OH/Transgender: ₹700/-
- Late Fees:- ₹ 1500/-
Note: Late registration fee applies separately.
Examination Centres for TS SET
The examination is conducted in 10 districts of the state only. Here are the locations and their details:
|Centre Code||Examination Centre|
TS SET Result 2021
In order to be eligible for passing, you need to attend both the tests by TS SET 2021. Only 6% of the applying students are selected for the position of Assistant Professor. Hence, the competition is tough. The total number will be based on the number of students who have taken both the tests.
Here are the reservations for different castes and categories:
- There are 33.3% reservations for women in each category and each subject. However, if the number of women selected in merit exceeds 33.3% in a subject, the reservation will not be valid. In case a subject has less than 33.3% women qualifying the criteria, the seats will be transferred to men.
- There is a horizontal reservation for persons with disability in each category and category.
How to download the Result?
After taking both the tests, the results will be declared on the official website. Here is how you can check TS SET 2021 results:
- Select TS-SET 2021 Results Tab
- Download the Cut off released for 2021. The cut off will be different for each category and sub-category.
- Login to your profile to see your score.
- Download the result and cut off list for future reference.
Hopefully, this blog provided you with the important details about TS SET as well as the syllabus you need to cover to ace this exam. If you are searching for preparation tips for any competitive exams, our experts at Leverage Edu can equip you with the best tips and tricks of nailing any entrance exam with high scores thus getting shortlisted for the career of your choice.