Conducted by Osmania University, the Telangana State Eligibility Test (TS SET) is a state recruitment test for the post of Assistant Professors and Lecturers in universities and colleges within the newly created state of Telangana. Once you have cleared the examination with good scores, you will be awarded a qualifying certificate to apply for teaching profiles in a higher education institution of Telangana. Through this blog, we will explore the key essentials of the TS SET exam, its important dates, the exam syllabus, the application procedure as well as the eligibility requirements you need to fulfil in order to appear for this exam.
Important Dates of TS SET
As per the official notification, relevant dates and deadlines regarding TS SET have been listed below. The following data incorporates the extension of deadlines.
|TS-SET, 2019 Notification||March 2019|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||March 2019|
|Last Date for Submitting of TS SET OnlineApplication Form (without late fee)||April 2019|
|Last Date with Late Fee of ₹1500/- + Registration Fee||May 2019|
|Last Date with Late Fee of ₹2000/- + Registration Fee||May 2019|
|Last Date with Late Fee of ₹3000/- + Registration Fee||May 2019|
|Hall Ticket Download||June 2019|
|TS SET Exam Date||June 2019|
|Answer Key Released||July 2019|
|Result Declaration||August 2019|
NOTE: TS SET 2020 dates have not been released yet and the given above are TS SET exam dates of last year for reference purpose only. We will update shortly.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The Test is conducted in a single 3-hour session and comprises two papers. The medium of exam is generally English and Telugu excluding language electives. More information can be found in the TS SET brochure. Here is a comprehensive table listing the exam pattern and syllabus of TS SET:
|Papers||Marks||No. of Questions(2 marks each)||Type ofQuestions||Subjects|
|Paper-I||100||50 Compulsory Questions||Objective||Teaching/ResearchAptitude; Reasoning Ability; Comprehension; DivergentThinking and General Awareness|
|Paper-II||200||100 Compulsory Questions||Objective||Elective Subjects|
For Paper II of TS SET, students are required to select from any of the following 29 eligible subjects:
|Computer Science andApplications||History||Library and Information Sciences|
|Sanskrit||Social Work||Environmental Science|
|Education||Political Science||Mathematical Science|
|Earth Science||Physical Education||Life Sciences|
For the vacant posts of Assistant Professor/Lecturer, candidates need to appear for both Paper I and Paper II and clear these two tests with at least 40% marks in both the papers taken together for General (unreserved) category. For reserved categories (SC/ST/BC Transgender/PWD), at least 35% aggregate marks in both papers is required.
NOTE: The above criterion is used by TS SET for shortlisting candidates. It doesn’t ensure selection. You can check out elaborated selection procedure in the TS SET Information Brochure.
The eligibility conditions that candidates need to fulfil in order to appear for the TS SET are mentioned below:
- For General Category: Candidates must have secured not less than 55% marks in their post-graduation degree (MA, MSc, MCom, MBA, MLISC, M.Ed., MCJ, LLM, MCA, MTech (CSE & IT only) to be eligible.
- For categories such as SC/ST/BC/PWD: Candidates are required to have at least 50% marks in their post-graduation degree to be eligible.
- Those who are pursuing their master’s degree course or have already appeared for the final year of their postgraduation or are awaiting their results or have appeared late due to a delay in qualifying examination can also apply. They will be admitted provisionally.
- Those candidates who have a post-graduate diploma/foreign degree from an Indian/Foreign University should ascertain their degree equivalence with a master’s degree recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- No upper age limit applies to the TS SET examination.
- Candidates can appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
- Holders of PhD who have completed their master’s degree by 19th September, 1991 will benefit from a deduction of 5% in the TS SET minimum aggregate marks (from 55% to 50%).
TS SET Application Fee and Payment
The application fee for TS SET differs in accordance with the category of the candidate. Below given is the amount specified for each category:
- For OC: ₹1,200/-
- For BC: ₹1,000/-
- For SC/ST//VH/HI/OH/Transgender: ₹700/-
Note: Late registration fee applies separately.
Hopefully, this blog provided you with the important details about TS SET as well as the syllabus you need to cover to ace this exam. If you are searching for preparation tips for any competitive exams, our experts at Leverage Edu can equip you with the best tips and tricks of nailing any entrance exam with high scores thus getting shortlisted for the career of your choice.