One of the most important milestones before joining your dream college is cracking the exams for the course you are interested in. Every state and university conducts exams for different courses. One such state entrance exam is TS POLYCET which is especially for students planning to study in Telangana. The entrance exam allows you to take admission in one of their esteemed polytechnic courses. Let us know more about the exam TS POLYCET.
|Exam||Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)|
|Conducting Body||State Board of Technical Education and Training Telangana|
|No. of times it is conducted||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Languages||English, Telugu, Urdu|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||400 Rs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
About TS POLYCET
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET) is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad, for admission to engineering diploma courses, among others, offered by polytechnic institutes in the state of Telangana. Through this exam, it also offers Diploma in Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering, Seed Technology & Organic Agriculture Courses. These courses are offered by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU). The six years integrated courses and undergraduate (B. Tech) courses are offered by Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies (RGUKT), Basar, Nirmal Dist, Telangana through this test.
Also Read: Polytechnic Education in India
TS POLYCET 2021 News
- The authorities will commence TS POLYCET counselling 2021 from August. The result was released on July 28. Candidates can even download their TS POLYCET rank card at polycetts.nic.in. Admission will be offered on the basis of marks secured in the TS POLYCET exam.
- The allotment of seats will be through online counselling. Earlier, the authorities released the preliminary TS POLYCET 2021 answer key on July 21 at the official website. Students could make objections or challenges against the answer key till July 22. TS POLYCET 2021 exam was held as a pen-and-paper-based test on July 17.
TS POLYCET Admit card
TS POLYCET 2021 hall tickets will be available online on the official website. The admit card carries details like the name of the candidate, roll number, date and time of the exam, and the exam centre.
Here is how you can download TS POLYCET Hall Ticket:
- Click on the hall ticket download link
- Select the qualifying exam
- Next enter the following details – Tenth Exam Hall Ticket Number, Date of Birth, and Tenth Passing/Appearing Year
- The admit card would displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout.
Important Dates for TS POLYCET
|05 Aug 2021 – 09 Aug 2021||Counselling – Online detail filing and payment of fee||Online|
|06 Aug 2021 – 10 Aug 2021||Counselling – Certificate verification||Online|
|12 Aug 2021||Counselling – Freezing options – Start Date||Online|
|06 Aug 2021 – 12 Aug 2021||Counselling – Exercising options||Online|
|14 Aug 2021 – 20 Aug 2021||Counselling – Payment of Fee & Self Reporting through website||Online|
|23 Aug 2021||Counselling – Final phase- online detail filing and payment of fee – Start Date||Online|
|24 Aug 2021||Counselling – Final phase- Certificate verification – Start Date||Online|
|25 Aug 2021||Counselling – Final phase- freezing options – Start Date||Online|
|27 Aug 2021||Counselling – Final phase- provisional allotment – Start Date||Online|
|27 Aug 2021 – 31 Aug 2021||Counselling – Final phase- Payment of Fee & Self Reporting through website||Online|
|01 Sep 2021||Reporting at the allotted College – Start Date||Online|
Also Read: JEECUP [UP Polytechnic] 2021
Eligibility Criteria of TS POLYCET
In order to be eligible for the test, you must cover all these requirements. The eligibility criteria have been mentioned below:
Nationality – The candidate needs to be an Indian national
Domicile – The candidate must be a resident of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
Qualifying Exam –
- Candidates who have passed SSC examination conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana with a minimum aggregate of 35% marks, and have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects are eligible.
- In the case of candidates who have passed any other equivalent exam, they will, in addition, need to pass all the subjects – including physics, chemistry and mathematics, with minimum of 35% marks in each subject.
Age limit – No age limit has been set for appearing in the exam.
How to Apply for TS POLYCET?
Here is how you can apply for TS POLYCET:
- Enter Class 10 passing year, hall ticket number, and date of birth
- Fill in the name, should be the same as mentioned in school certificates. When entering the name, make sure to leave gaps between parts of the name.
- Enter name of father.
- Fill in correspondence details
- Select the exam centre from available options
- Choose the category, if applicable
- If the candidate belongs to any special category (CAP/SP/PH/NCC), it must also be mentioned
- Choose medium of exam
- Paste a photograph duly signed by the parent (or a guardian) at the appropriate place
- If filled in offline mode offline, visit a nearby helpline centre and submit the completed application form to the computer operator. The application fee of Rs. 350 (Rs. 200 for SC and ST candidates) can be paid either online or offline.
- The operator will enter the details mentioned on the application and upload all relevant documents to an online system. After the process is over, admit cards will be issued and handed over to the candidate. Admit cards can also be downloaded online.
Also Read: Bihar Polytechnic 2021
Syllabus of TS POLYCET
- Real Numbers
- Number System
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Surface Areas & Volume
- Mathematical Modeling
- A Structure of Atom
- Chemical Bonding
- Carbon & its Compounds
- Classification of Elements
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chemical Equations & Reactions
- Acids, Bases & Salts
- Refraction of Light at Plane Surface
- Refraction of Light at Curved Surface
- Human Eye & Colorful World
- Reflection of Light
- The States of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- Redox Reactions
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
- Phase Equilibrium & Solutions
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry
- Organic compounds with the functional group containing nitrogen
- Chemical Kinetics
- Atomic Structure
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Urea and malonic ester
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis and purification of organic compounds
- Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes
- Organic compounds with the functional group containing oxygen
- Reactions of Benzene and heterocyclic compounds
- Organic compounds with the functional group containing halogens
- Biomolecules – Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins, Nucleic Acid, Lipids, Hormones Reactions of a, b unsaturated carbonyl and acids
- Spectroscopy measurements including IR, UV, NMR (proton and carbon 13)
- Environmental Chemistry
Result of TS POLYCET
The result of TS POLYCET 2021 is released by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana on their official website.
- For general category candidates, the result has been declared for only those candidates who score a minimum 30% marks, or 36 marks out of 120.
- The minimum criteria for SC and ST applicants is 1 mark.
This is how you can check the TS POLYCET Result 2021
- Click on result portal
- SignIn at TS POLYCET 2021 hall ticket number
- The result and rank card will be shown on screen