For all the aspirants who are planning to pursue MBA or MCA courses, there are various leading universities in Telangana that offer admissions to Indian students through the TSICET exam. To help you out with the admission process, here is a blog that will shed light on the details pertaining to the TSICET exam in detail!
|Conducting Authority||Kakatiya University, Warangal|
|Exam Name||Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
|Exam Syllabus||Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, and Communication Ability|
|Exam Duration||150 Minutes|
|Exam Pattern||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
No minimum marks for SC/ST candidates
|Language||English and Telugu [Section-A and B]Only English [Section-C]|
|Exam Fees||Rs 650 for General and OBC category and Rs 450 for SC/ST category|
|Late Registration Fee||Rs 500-Rs 5,000|
This Blog Includes:
- What is TSICET?
- TSICET 2021 Result
- Important Dates 2021
- Participating Institutes
- TSICET Eligibility Criteria
- TSICET 2021 Application Process
- TSICET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- TSICET 2021 Admit Card
- Exam Centers
- TSICET 2021 Answer Key
- TSICET 2021 Merit List
- TSICET 2021 Counselling
- Documents Required for TSICET Counselling 2021
What is TSICET?
Conducted by the Kakatiya University (Warangal), the Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) is a state-level examination through which candidates can seek admission to MBA and MCA courses in Telangana universities. It is a computer-based exam that is conducted once a year across 4 cities of Telangana. Ranging for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes, this exam will analyse your knowledge regarding the above-mentioned courses.
TSICET 2021 Result
Kakatiya University announced the TSICET 2021 results today, September 23, 2021, at 4:10 PM. Candidates must input their login credentials on the ICET official website https://icet.tsche.ac.in/TSICET – to get the TSICET 2021 result. Qualified applicants must appear for the counselling session once the TSICET result is announced, and they must have their TS ICET 2021 scorecard with them. The steps mentioned below will help candidates to check their TSICET results 2021:
- Go to the TS ICET official website.
- Next, click on the “TS ICET result 2021” tab, and a TS ICET result window will open.
- Then enter the ICET hall ticket number and date of birth, and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The TSICET result 2021 will be displayed on the screen.
- Finally, download and take a printout of the TSICET rank card 2021.
Important Dates 2021
The table below displays a list of significant dates connected to TSICET test events that have been announced by Kakatiya University:
|TSICET Registration 2021 Starts||April 7, 2021|
|Registration Window closes (without late fee)||August 5, 2021|
|Fill TSICET Application form with a late fee of INR 1000||August 11, 2021|
|Application Form Correction||August 8 – 11, 2021|
|TSICET Application Form with late fee of INR 5000||August 12 to 16, 2021|
|TSICET Admit Card||August 15, 2021|
|TSICET 2021 Exam Dates||August 19 – 20, 2021|
|Announcement of Preliminary Key||September 1, 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Answer Key||September 4, 2021|
|Announcement of Final Answer Key and Results||September 23, 2021|
The scores of the Integrated Common Entrance Test are accepted by a wide range of participating universities, based on which they grant admission to the MBA and MCA courses. The list of TSICET colleges and universities have been listed below:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Hyderabad (JNTU-H)
- Osmania University (OU)
- Kakatiya University (KU)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)
- Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)
- Palamuru University (PU)
- Satavahana University (SU)
- Telangana University (TU)
- Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University (PJSAU)
TSICET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates appearing for the TSIET 2021 exam must be citizens of India.
- However, the Foreign nationals are also eligible provided they fulfill the rules as laid down by the concerned Universities.
- The applicants who are in their final year of graduation will also be allowed to apply for TSICET 2021 exam.
Here are the course-wise eligibility criteria for the exam:
Eligibility for Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
The minimum eligibility for pursuing an MCA course through the TSICET exam is that the candidates should have passed BSc/BCom/BCA/BA in Mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduation level with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates).
Eligibility for Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The minimum eligibility in order to study an MBA course from the list of universities is to have a Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum of 3-years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates).
TSICET 2021 Application Process
Given below is a brief about the TSICET application process for 2021:
Step 1: Register and Pay TSICET Application Fee
Candidates must first visit the official portal of TSICET. Click on the “Application Fee Payment” link and enter the following details asked:
- Candidate’s Name
- Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-Mail ID
- Payment Type
Make payment for the application fee. For completing the form, a payment reference ID will be generated. The registration fee for the TSICET is shown in the table below:
|Category||TSICET 2021 Application Fee|
|Other candidates||INR 650|
|SC/ST candidates||INR 450|
Step 2: Fill TSICET Application Form 2021
After making the application fee payment, candidates have to fill in the following details:
- Candidate’s Personal Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Exam Centre
- Candidates’ Category as mentioned in the caste certificate.
- Local Area Status: AU (Andhra University), OU (Osmania University), SVU (Sri Venkateswara University) or Non-Local.
- SSC (10th class) or equivalent details
- Select whether Non-Minority / Minority.
- Special Category, if applicable, such as:
- Annual Income of the Parent
- Address for Correspondence, contact number and email ID
- Intermediate /Degree details
Step 3: Upload Photo and Signature
Post filling the application form carefully, candidates are now required to submit their photograph and signature on the portal.
- Photograph Format: jpg file, Size: less than 30 KB
- Signature Format: jpg format, Size: less than 15 KB
TSICET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The syllabus of TS CET is designed to test the analytical and subjective knowledge of candidates. The exam, which is bifurcated into three sections, has to be completed in 150 minutes. There will be a total of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark. Here is a section-wise breakdown of the exam.
|Sections in TSICET||Weightage||Areas|
|Analytical Ability||75 Questions (75 Marks)||Data Sufficiency
|Mathematical Ability||75 Questions (75 Marks)||Arithmetical Ability
Algebraic and Geometrical Ability
|Communication Ability||50 Questions (50 Marks)||Part 1: Vocabulary
Part 2: Business and Computer terminology
Part 3: Functional Grammar
Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
The table mentioned below will explain to you the TSICET 2021 exam pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English and Urdu|
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer
0 marks for unanswered questions
No negative marking for incorrect answer
TSICET 2021 Admit Card
Telangana ICET hall ticket was given online by Kakatiya University, Warangal on August 15. Registered candidates may obtain their TS ICET hall ticket by visiting the TSICET official website. Candidates must provide their registration number, phone number, qualifying examination number, and date of birth to get their exam hall ticket. Students can follow the steps below to get their TSICET 2021 exam hall ticket:
- Visit the official TS ICET 2021 website.
- Click on the link called “Download Hall Ticket”.
- After doing so, the students will be redirected to a new page.
- Now, log in by using the login credentials registration number/ phone number, date of birth, and qualifying examination hall ticket number.
- The TSICET 2021 hall ticket will be displayed on the screen
- Download the TSICET hall ticket 2021 and take a printout of it for future use.
Mentioned below are the 16 regional test centres in Telangana, along with their codes:
|TSICET Test Center||Center Code||TSICET Test Center||Center Code|
TSICET 2021 Answer Key
TSICET 2021 Answer Keys are published by the exam administering authorities in two parts: preliminary and final. On September 1, 2021, the preliminary answer key was made available. Candidates will be able to compute their marks prior to the release of the TSICET 2021 Result. Candidates were also given the option of submitting their objections to the office of the Convener, TSICET 2021, through e-mail / Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days of the preliminary answer key’s release. TSICET Final Answer Key and Results were released on September 23, 2021. Candidates must note that TSICET 2021 Results and Rank List will be prepared based on the final merit list.
TSICET 2021 Merit List
Kakatiya University, Warangal, will publish a separate merit list for each degree course depending on the performance of the applicants in the admission exam. Candidates that get a score higher than the cutoff will advance to the next round.
TSICET 2021 Counselling
Qualified applicants will be invited to the TSICET 2021 Counselling based on this TSICET Merit list. Local candidates will be admitted to 85% of the available seats. As stipulated in the AP Educational Institutions Order 1974, as modified, 15% of the seats must be kept vacant. TSICET 2021 Counselling will consist of many phases, which are listed below:
- Certificate verification
- Online Web Options Entry & Freezing or Locking of Options
- TSICET 2021 Seat Allotment
- Payment of Fee and Reporting in the allotted college
Documents Required for TSICET Counselling 2021
Candidates seeking TSICET Counselling must bring specific papers with them to the counselling session. Candidates in all categories must have the following documents with them:
- Mark sheet of SSC / Intermediate or Equivalent Qualifying Examination
- Class IX to Degree Certificates
- Caste & Income certificate issued on or after April 1, 2021
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Rank Card
- TSICET Admit Card
- Transfer Certificate of Degree or Equivalent
- Residence Certificate
The Kakatiya University, Warangal conducts the TSICET exam on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
Master in Business Applications (MBA) and Master in Computer Applications (MCA) courses are the two courses that are offered to aspirants through this exam.
The duration of the MBA course is for two years and the MCA course is of three years.
The registration fee of TSICET 2021 is INR 650 for the General category candidates and INR 450 for the SC and ST category candidates.
The exam registration fees can be paid at TS Online, AP Online, Mee Seva, and e-Seva locations. You may also pay it via a payment gateway (credit card, debit card, or net banking).
Hopefully, this blog has helped you acquire all the necessary information related to the TSICET exam! Want to pursue an MBA abroad? Not sure what to include in your SOP? Then get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu who will help you in articulating an SOP that highlights your academic and professional achievements in a very concise yet impressive way!