TS ECET is an abbreviation used for Telangana State Council for Higher Education. This is a standardized entrance test conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University every year for Engineering, Technology and Pharmacy courses. Students appearing for this entrance exam are eligible to take admissions in Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology and Bachelor of Pharmacy mainly in the state of Telangana. This test is to test the maths, physics, engineering and chemistry skills.
|Name of the Exam||Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of the Exam||Online/Computer Based|
|Eligibility Criteria||Diploma in Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Agriculture (Polytechnic) or B.Sc|
|Admission Process||First you have to qualify the written exam, then attend counselling process after the results are announced.|
|Fees||800/- for others 400/- for ST/SC|
This Blog Includes:
TS ECET 2022 Important Dates
The official authorities have not released any notification regarding the TS ECET 2022 dates. We will update the dates as soon as notification is released.
Who Conducts TS ECET?
It is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) located in Hyderabad annually for the students who want lateral entry admission in the state of Telangana. The entrance exam is mainly to take admission into BTech/BE/BPharm courses. The greatest advantage of the test is that after this exam you can take admissions in assorted government-aided, non-aided as well as professional institutions in Telangana
Also Read: MHT CET Marks vs Percentile
- You need to be a citizen of India in order to pursue the TS ECET entrance exam.
- If you belong from the state of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh then only you are eligible for this exam.
- You should at least have a Diploma in Engineering and Technology or any other equivalent to it recognized from the State Board of Technical Education of Telangana State /Andhra Pradesh.
- If you don’t qualify for point 3 then you must have a B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the Telangana/Andhra Pradesh state.
- If you are doing a course under sandwich pattern then also you are eligible for this exam Candidates pursuing a Diploma course under sandwich pattern will be eligible for TS ECET 2022 but you must have completed practical training before the counselling (conclusion).
- You are required to qualify for the examination with a minimum of 45% marks. For the reserved category, qualifying marks are 40%.
|No. of questions||200 questions|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Sections||For B.Sc Mathematics
For Diploma holder
|Marks division||For Diploma holder mathematics: 50 Physics & Chemistry: 25 each
Engineering Paper: 100
For B.Sc Mathematics
Analytical Ability and Communicative English: 50 each
|Total no. of Questions||200|
Subjects and Types of TS ECET Entrance Exam
The syllabus and subjects of entrance exam depends upon what you want to pursue ahead The types /available course with subjects are as follows
|Name of the Exam||Subjects|
|Chemical Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical engineering|
|Civil Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Civil engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer science and engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical and electronics engineering|
|Electronics and Instrumentation||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics and instrumentation engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical engineering|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Metallurgical engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics and communication engineering|
|BSc Mathematics||Mathematics, Analytical ability, Communicative English|
Also Read: TS PECET
Given below are the sample papers for the different exams of TS ECET
|Biotechnology Question Paper||Sample Paper|
|Pharmacy Question Paper||Sample Paper|
|B.Sc. Mathematics Question Paper||Sample Paper|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Mining Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Mechanical Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Chemical Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Civil Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Computer Science||Sample Paper|
|Mechanical Engineering||Sample Paper|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Sample Paper|
The qualifying marks for TS ECET FDH & B.Sc. (Mathematics) is 25% aggregate in four subjects 50 marks out of a total of 200.
Some tips for preparation of TS ECET are
1. You must first analyse the syllabus
2. You must know and learn how to manage time
3. Investigate and explore the exam pattern
4. You must keep practising and solving Previous Years Question Papers
5. You must grab a mock test & good study material.
6. You must revise and make short notes
7. While preparing, the most important thing is to Maintain Health
For more exam updates and test preparation, sign up for the Leverage Edu newsletter and get notified daily!