Alma mater to poet Oscar Wilde and singer-songwriter Niall Horan from boy band ‘One Direction’, Trinity College Dublin stands tall as Ireland’s highest-ranked university. The leading university combines an interdisciplinary and inclusive environment that promotes creativity and innovations at global levels. The university is home to over 18,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students across diverse multidisciplinary disciplines in the science, business, law, engineering, arts and humanities. Read on for a detailed guide on the academic programs, student life, admission process and more lucrative offerings for you to consider studying at the Irish research university.
This Blog Includes:
Did you know? As per QS 2020 Rankings, the university appears in the top 50 for 4 subject areas including History, English, Nursing and Pharmacy!
Trinity College Dublin At a Glance
- The Trinity campus is located in the 34th best student city in the world
- The beautiful university is spread over a whopping 51 acre campus, and combines historic architecture with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Students are spoilt for choice with over 170+ societies and clubs, that are an integral part of the education experience at Trinity College Dublin
- The university boasts an enormous collection of over 6.25 million books and has electronic access to more than 30,000 journals written on different subjects
- With thousands of students coming from 122 countries and 40% of its staff belonging to foreign countries, the university nurtures an enriched sense of multiculturalism.
- Full time non-EU students are allowed to work 20 hours per week during term time and 40 hours per week outside term
- Comparatively, studying at Trinity College Dublin has been made affordable for international students.
- Its three faculties proffer course options in over 400 bachelor’s and master’s courses.
Trinity College Dublin Popular Courses
The university offers a range of courses to help students unlock their potential and catapult your career journey towards a successful path. One must note that to apply to any programme at Trinity, there applies a non-refundable online application fee of €55 or INR 5000 per course applied.
|Programmes||Approximate Course Fee(First Year)||Duration|
|B.A.I. in Computer Engineering||INR 20.4 Lakh or €23,000||4 Years|
|Bachelor in Business Studies||INR 15.6 Lakh or €18,000||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Arts (MOD) Computer Science||INR 20.4 Lakh or €23,000||4 Years|
|BA (Moderatorship) (Hons) in Physics: Physical Sciences||INR 22.7 Lakh or €26,000||4 Years|
|B.A.I. in Computer Engineering||INR 20.4 Lakh or €23,000||4 Years|
|LLB (Law and Business)||INR 17,47,766 or €20,000||4 Years|
|BA (Moderatorship) Nanoscience: Physical Sciences||INR 22,88,222 or €26,000||4 Years|
|BA Political Science||INR 17,48,086 or €20,000||4 Years|
|BA Economics||INR 17,48,086 or €20,000||4 Years|
|Programs||Approximate Course Fee(Annual)||Duration|
|Master of Science Addiction Recovery||INR 14,83,979 or €17,000||1 Year|
|MSc Health Services Management||INR 16,65,817 or €19,000||2 Years|
|MFA Stage Design||INR 18,49,324 or €21,000||1 Year|
|LLM International and European Business Law||INR 17,49,930 or €20,000||1 Year|
|MSc Interactive Digital Media||INR 20,93,565 or €24,000||1 Year|
|MSc Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technology||INR 9,78,687 or €11,000||2 Years|
|MSc Counselling Psychology||INR 17,67,163 or €20,000||3 Years|
Also read: MS in Ireland
Eligibility Criteria for Trinity College Dublin
Indian students make up the second largest unit of non-EU students at the university. Trinity College Dublin accepts students from India who fulfil the below mentioned requirements approved by the college:
- Any of the following Grade XII Examination Results –
Higher Secondary Examination (HSC), or
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), or
All India Senior School Certificate Examination(AISSCE)
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations(CISCE)
- Total average amounting to 80% – 85% in 6 subjects in Grade XII
- For a specific program, a minimum of 75% in that subject in Grade XII is mandatory
- Knowledge of a language other than English
- Mathematics should have opted as a compulsory subject till Grade X
- Showcase an extraordinary level of competence in the English language by qualifying any English proficiency tests like IELTS(minimum score of 6.5), TOEFL(minimum score of 88 in the internet-based test), PTE(minimum score of 63) or any other approved by Trinity College.
Note: Students who don’t meet the above requirements can apply to Trinity College Dublin by submitting their SAT/ACT scores.
Also Read: Best Universities in Ireland
- A student must possess a 2.1 honors degree from any of the recognised Irish universities or should hold an equivalent qualifying score from a foriegn university.
- Students have to show outstanding competence in any English language tests.
- An overall IELTS Grade of 6.5 OR TOEFL score of 88 for internet-based test and 570 for paper-based test.
- Trinity College also recognises PTE and Duolingo English Test scores.
- Submit an award certificate having at least II.1 score from Centre for English Language Learning and Pre-Master’s Pathway Program from Trinity College.
Also Read: Ireland Student Visa
Scholarships for Trinity College Dublin
Since its inception in 1952, Trinity College Dublin has provided numerous scholarships for prospective international students that are seeking rewarding education with limited means.
|Scholarship Name||Description||Who can apply?|
|India Undergraduate Scholarships||Deduction* of INR 4,36,933. to the tuition charges for a student enrolled in a full-time bachelors course||Must have non-EU status and pay tuition fees at the non-EU rate.
Must receive an offer of a place in a Trinity UG courseIndia Grade XII score of 90% overall
|Government of Ireland Scholarships||Full* tuition fee waiver to cover a student’s cost and living expenses, enrolled in final-year UG/Master’s degree/Research Programme||Non -EEA citizens showcasing high competency|
* Fee waivers are applicable for a period of one year and are subject to the conditional or final offers made by Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin observes a relatively high acceptance rate at 34%. A good SAT score combined with LORs and a well-rounded profile are factors that can support a student’s admission at the university. Apply to the Trinity College Dublin with our Leverage Edu experts. Schedule your free 30-minute counselling session now.
Ireland Student VISA
To study in Dublin, you must apply for a long stay “D Visa”, priced at €60 or INR 5000 approximately. Post paying for the course at the university, the VISA application can be applied for online, three months prior to commencing your programme.
Cost of Living for International Students
Students looking to study at Trinity College Dublin must budget for an average of €1300 or INR 1,13,000 monthly, to comfortably meet expenses.
|Expenditure||Approximate Monthly Costs|
|Rent + Utilities||INR 39,500 or €455|
|Food||INR14,700 or €170|
|Travel + Phone||INR 14,000 or €160|
|Books + University Material||INR 6000 or €70|
|Student Charge||INR 29,000 or €330|
|Miscellaneous||INR 6500 or €75|
We hope to have answered all your questions about Ireland’s top university. To transform your life at Trinity College Dublin, visit Leverage Edu and start your admission process with the support of our expert mentors today!