The study of natural sciences is commonly referred to as liberal arts. Humanities, social sciences, and the arts are all included. Liberal arts programmes are extremely broad, providing students with an excellent opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge and skills from various disciplines.
The study of liberal arts can be traced back to ancient times, and the subject has evolved significantly over the centuries. As a liberal arts student, you’ll gain a fascinating understanding of how history has shaped modern society.
Liberal arts study abroad is an excellent way for students to understand the subject thoroughly. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about a country’s culture, history, language, and literature, allowing for a truly authentic experience. If you want to know more about top liberal arts universities around the globe, the benefits of studying liberal arts, eligibility requirements and much more then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue Liberal Arts?
There are numerous advantages to studying liberal arts and significant reasons that ultimately come from personal circumstances.
- One of the most significant advantages of studying liberal arts is that it provides many necessary skill sets to help you succeed in the workplace. Reading, language knowledge, writing, effective speaking, problem-solving, basic numeracy, critical thinking, information literacy, and the ability to learn for the rest of your life are “employability skills.”
- Another critical reason for majoring in liberal arts is to prepare for graduate school. Most students believe that medical schools only accept students with a science major and that law schools only accept students with a political science major. Nonetheless, schools admit students with a diverse set of skills. Liberal art is a subject that can provide you with that foundation.
- There are numerous funding opportunities for liberal arts studies. As a result, you must investigate financial resource options such as scholarships, financial grants, and loans.
Top Universities for Liberal Arts Around the Globe
There are numerous universities across the globe that offers liberal arts programs with excellence in teaching as well as education delivered by well-qualified staff. Some of the major universities that offer liberal arts are as follows:
|Name of the University||QS subject-wise Rank 2023|
|The University of Oxford||1|
|University of Cambridge||2|
|University of California, Berkeley||4|
|New York University||8|
|The University of Edinburgh||9|
|University of California, Los Angeles||10|
Popular Liberal Arts Courses
Liberal arts can be pursued at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral levels. Many universities allow students to study liberal arts as a standalone subject; others offer combined programmes that allow you to study it alongside another subject, such as philosophy or sociology. A liberal arts degree typically takes three or four years to complete at the undergraduate level. Some programmes provide placement years, which allow students to work or study abroad.
Postgraduate liberal arts programmes are typically offered as an MA and last one to two years. If you have a master’s degree, you can pursue a PhD programme, which typically lasts three to five years.
The topics you will study will vary depending on the modules you select. Still, typical liberal arts modules include:
There are a few eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to pursue higher education at universities in the United States with a liberal arts major.
- You must have completed high school with relevant marks from an officially recognised institution in order to pursue an undergraduate degree at a university across the globe.
- To pursue a postgraduate degree at a global university, you must have an undergraduate degree in liberal arts from an officially recognised institution with relevant marks.
When English is not your first language, you must qualify for a language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL, and so on.
You must also submit a list of documents in order to study liberal arts at a university across the globe. Some of the necessary documents are as follows:
- Passport size photographs
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Language proficiency scores
- Additional documents
Ans. The United States is a popular destination for liberal arts students because it is home to numerous prestigious universities worldwide that provide high-quality education.
Ans. Mathematics, social sciences, natural sciences, and humanities are all part of the liberal arts curriculum. International students wishing to pursue higher education in the United States will find a diverse range of subjects available at American universities.
Ans. There are numerous advantages to pursuing a liberal arts degree, including the ability to gain knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects rather than just one.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university abroad, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.