“Teaching is one such profession which creates other professions.” What is education without a teacher? Had there been no teachers, it would have become difficult for us to build a basic educational foundation. It is rightly said, a good teacher is like a candle who burns himself to produce light for others. But as easy as it sounds, imparting knowldege through different learning methods is a tedious task and in order to become a good teacher, one has to go through a rigorous process of learning and self-assessment! With technology changing the face of education, one needs to blend modern education with co curricular activities in school so as to shape the future of the country as well as the world! For recruiting the candidates who are well versed with the current education system in India and are willing to teach the elementary (classes 1-5) and primary level students (classes 6-8), the government has introduced the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). It is conducted at both the central and state levels. If you are an aspirant, you would not deny the fact that choosing the best study material or books for this exam is like finding a pearl from the ocean. Therefore, to help you out, we have compiled a state-wise list of best TET books that you should definitely have in your study guides!
This Blog Includes:
Books for Central Teaching Eligibility Test (CTET)
CTET, which is held at a national level is counted amongst the most coveted exams for the post of a teacher in India. Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), it is considered as the gateway for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in government schools at the elementary or junior levels. Below are some of the best TET books for both paper 1 and 2 which cover all the aspects of the CTET syllabus in detail and can help you ace the test:
- CTET and TETs Child Development and Pedagogy by Arihant Publications
- A Complete Resource for CTET: English and Pedagogy Language 1 by Geeta Sahni
- Study Package for CTET by Mcgraw Hill Education
- Study Guide for CTET Paper 1- English by Disha Publication
TET Books: Uttar Pradesh Teaching Eligibility Test (UPTET)
UPTET is a state-level entrance exam conducted in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh to recruit eligible and profound candidates who can teach the students enrolled in classes 1-5 and classes 6 to 8. Below mentioned are some of the best TET books which you can consider for this exam:
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Hindi Bhasha by Diamond Power Learning
- UP TET Child Development and Pedagogy by Kiran Publications
- English Language by Geeta Sahni
Want a Free Consultation Session? Register Here!
Punjab Teaching Eligibility Test (PSTET) Books
The state-level Teacher Eligibility Test for Punjab consists of 2 papers – 1 and 2 and on clearing both, the candidates become eligible to work as school teachers. Enlisted are the TET books that contain almost every topic essential to the syllabus and the study strategy to nail the exam:
- PSTET Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test Paper 2 for class 6 to 8 (Mathematics/ Science) by Arihant Experts
- Social Science Practice Workbook with Model Practice Papers (English and Punjabi) by Swarn Publication
- Complete Common Book for CTET – PSTET – HTET – HPTET by VMS Grover
- Social Studies (Paper 2) CTET – PSTET – HTET – HPTET by VMS Grover
TET Books: Assam TET
Another famous teacher exam conducted at the state level is the ASSAM TET. Conducted by the Government of Assam, it consists of questions from topics like pedagogy, basic mathematics, current affairs, logical reasoning, etc. Some of the well known TET books for the state have been given a rundown below:
- ASSAM TET Paper 1: Class 1 to 5 by Anil Teotia and R.P Singh
- Alama’s Must-Have Series New Assam Year Book for Competitive Exams by Sakir Alam
- Assam TET: Social Science Teachers Upper Primary Level Paper 2 Guide by RPH Editorial Board
Apart from the aforementioned TET books, let us have a quick look at other guides based on the state concerned.
|Kerela TET||1. K-TET Recruitment of Teachers Category 1 Lower Primary Classes by M. Ravidharan
2. K-TET Winner Category 1, 2 and 4 (Malayalam)
3. K-TET C-TET (For all Categories) by Dr. V. Balakrishna
4 K-TET Rank File 2020 by Talent Academy
|Rajasthan TET||1. TET Books REET Child Development by Krishna
2. REET book Child Development by Herald Publication
3. Guide REET Social Studies and Pedagogy Exam Points by Guider Publications
4. Upkar REET Level 1st Practice Set by Prakash Chandra
|MAHA TET||1. TET Paper 1 and 2 – Sampurna Margadarshak Marathi MH-TET by K Sagar
2. Maharashtra TET Paper 2 (Maths and science/social science) by Chandresh Agrawal
3. Maharashtra TET (Paper 1 + Paper 2) by Chandresh Agrawal
4. GUIDE Maharashtra TET Mathematics and Science Paper 2 by GK Publication
Examine the 2023 Super TET Syllabus:
Solve the question paper from last year: Candidates must complete the Super TET question paper from the preceding year.
Performance analysis is crucial for all applicants after completing the question paper or mock exam from the previous year.
Write Down: Regular Exercise:
Everyone who wishes to work as a government teacher must pass the TET (TEACHING ELIGIBILITY TEST). Although the test is not particularly difficult, having a strong plan can only help you pass it.
2023 SUPER TET Notification: For teaching at the primary and secondary levels in government schools, the state-level Super Teacher Eligibility Test, or Super TET, is administered. Every year, the state of Uttar Pradesh conducts the offline Super TET exam.
Hence, there are plenty of TET books available to prepare for the exam. Needless to say, in order to become eligible for the test, one needs to have an undergradute degree in the field. If you are planning to study abroad but are unsure of the universities then take the assistance of the revolutionary AI-tool of Leverage Edu. After gauging through your profile and identifying your interests, it will collate a list of educational institutes most suitable for you!