Making opportunities for civilians to enter the armed forces available, the Territorial Army Exam 2022 was recently held on September 25, 2022, with the release of a total of 13 vacancies; 12 for males and one for a woman. The process of the Territorial Army Exam was started with an application process on July 01, 2022. Further, two recruitment cycles were held; one for civilians, and one for ex-servicemen. But first, let’s get an insight into what is Territorial Army Exam.
|Duration of the Exam||2 hours|
|Authority Responsible to Conduct the Exam||Territorial Army|
|Posts available||Non-Departmental for Civilians & Ex-Servicemen|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Examination||Written|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Number of Attempts||No limit specified.|
|Stages of Examination||For Civilians: 1. Written Examination2. Interview 3. Service Board Examination4. Medical Examination
For Ex-servicemen: An Interview.
|Eligibility||The candidate should be graduated in any relevant field.|
This Blog Includes:
What is the Territorial Army Exam?
Civilians get an opportunity to join the armed forces with the help of the Territorial Army Exam. The written part of the exam needs to be cleared, as well as the interview. The process then involves a medical test which shall ensure your eligibility to join the armed forces. Once all these steps are completed, and you pass the Territorial Army Exam, you can then walk through the government-mandated army path.
We take a closer look at the eligibility criteria for the Territorial Army Exam.
The civilians need to meet certain standards to be eligible to apply for the Territorial Army Exam. Look over the same below.
|Nationality/Citizenship||The candidate should be Indian.|
|Age limit||The candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 42 years.|
|Educational Qualification||A relevant graduation degree is required.|
|Physical Strength||The candidate should be physically, medically, and mentally fit.|
|Employment Status||The candidate should be employed. Either of the following works. Self-employment
Find out the eligibility criteria for ex-servicemen below.
|Age||19 to 42 years.|
|Education and Health||The ex-serviceman should be both a graduate and fit, health-wise.|
|Not Permitted to Apply||If the candidate has served in the regular army and/or Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military, they are not allowed to apply.|
Now, what are the documents required while applying for the Territorial Army Exam? We have listed them down below.
- You will need a 10th and 12th Class Pass Certificate, scanned and copied
- A Nativity Certificate that verifies your nationality is also required;
- Moreover, an NCC Certificate (if you have one), Caste Certificate, and Character Certificate are also required
- Further, proof of your age is needed via an Age Proof Certificate
- Basic Passport Size Photograph
- Identity proof in the form of an Aadhar Card & Address Proof
- Additionally, Any National/ International Sports Certificate (if you have one)
Now that we are familiarised with the basics of the Territorial Army Exam, along with its eligibility criteria and requirement of documents, let’s move ahead to the application process.
Kindly follow the following steps to submit your application:
- Open your web browser and search the official website of the Territorial Army.
- Click on the link and open the official website of the Territorial Army.
- Check out the home screen and navigate to the career section.
- You will find a section – “Join as Officer”. Click on the same.
- Then, you need to hover over the “New Registration” tab and tap on it.
- This will open a page where you need to fill out details like contact information and password. Do the needful.
- Following that, click on the “submit” button.
- You will now find that your application form has been generated.
- Read all the instructions properly before you move on to the next step.
- Fill in all the details, keeping the documents required (that we have mentioned above) in hand.
- When you have completed filling out the application, including fixing the passport-size photograph and signing the form, you may click on “Save and Continue”
- Make sure that all the details have been filled in. Enter all the basic requirements as mentioned in the form.
- Click on “Save and Continue”, again.
- Next, you need to disclose the total attempts for SSB or any other armed forces.
- Pay the mentioned application fee.
- Tap on Submit after thoroughly checking every detail. Voila! You just applied to the Territorial Army Exam!
What is covered in the Territorial Army Exam? We present an overview.
The syllabus for Territorial Army Exam – Paper 1, is as follows:
The syllabus for Territorial Army Exam – Paper 2, is as follows:
|English Language||General Knowledge|
|Active and Passive Voice||Current Affairs|
|Antonyms and Synonyms||Sports|
|Substitutions||Art and Culture|
|Fill in the blanks||Science & Technology|
|Sentence Completion||Constitution of India|
|Idioms & Phrases||Indian Politics|
|Error Spotting||Important Days and Dates|
|One-word substitutions||Static GK|
|Sentence corrections||Famous Books & Authors|
Territorial Army Exam 2022 Vacancy
The exact number of vacancies and posts for the organisation’s recruitment process has not been disclosed yet. Stay tuned for more updates on the same.
What are the compensation options for your role as an officer in the army? Below is the payscale as per the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC):
|Military Rank||Level||Pay Matrix|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||INR 56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10A||INR 61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||INR 69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant colonel||Level 12A||INR 1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||INR 1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||INR 1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
Territorial Army Exam 2022 Result
The result date is not yet announced by the Territorial Army Authority. When it will be announced, we shall be sure to provide you with a direct link. Stay tuned at Leverage Edu.
Ans: You can apply for the Territorial Army exam on their official website.
Ans: The Territorial Army Exam 2022 was held on September 25, 2022.
A Territorial Army Exam is conducted twice every year.
This was all about Territorial Army Exam 2022! You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.