Swansea University has been making a difference since 1920 as a research-led university. The University community focuses on discovery and adventure, and it provides the ideal mix of exceptional teaching and research, as well as an enviable quality of life. The university is known for its academic excellence and falls under the top 30 universities in the UK. It has also been recognized with the Gold in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Swansea has produced a list of some notable alumni, including Geoffrey Thomas (President of Kellogg College, Oxford), Graham Ryder (Geologist and Lunar Scientist), Physicist Even James Williams among others. Here’s a blog curated for you on Swansea University admissions, including its top rankings, eligibility criteria for 2022 and more!
|Location||Swansea, Wales, UK|
|Campus||Singleton Park and Bay Campus|
|International Students||20% approx|
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Fundings|
Know everything about the Intakes in UK 2022!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at Swansea University?
- Swansea University Admissions Ranking
- Swansea University Admissions Deadline 2022
- Swansea University Admissions Requirements for UG
- Swansea University Admissions Requirements for PG
- Documents Required
- Swansea University Admissions/Application Process
- UK Visa Requirements for International Student
Why Study at Swansea University?
Before getting to know about the Swansea University admissions, let’s find out some of the top reasons to know why Swansea University is an ideal choice for international students:
- Favourable Location: Singleton Park and Bay are the university’s two campuses. The best part is that both campuses are within easy reach of the beach. Bay Campus has its own personal beach, so it’s like being in paradise if you study and live there. The beach is a short walk from the Singleton campus. The views from the top floors of Singleton’s student housing are equally breathtaking.
- Welsh University of the Year: The University has flourished over the years. This year marks its 100th anniversary, and Welsh University of the Year 2019 is unquestionably a reason to celebrate. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide has named Swansea University the Welsh University for the second time in three years.
- Swansea’s Student Union: Swansea University Students’ Union (SUSU) is one of the top 10 student unions in the United Kingdom. The full-time officer elected each year puts forth a lot of effort to achieve this status.
- International Recognitions: Swansea University’s position in the rankings table reflects the excellence of its world-class education. According to the Times Good University Guide, it boasts 8 disciplines in the top 10 and another 10 in the top 20.
Also Read about the University of Wolverhampton Admissions
Swansea University Admissions Ranking
Before we move onto the admission deadlines of Swansea University, let’s take a look at the rankings of the university according to the QS World Rankings, THE Rankings, etc to know where the university stands across the globe.
|Source||Ranking 2021||Ranking 2022|
|QS World University Ranking||#474||#440|
|THE Ranking||#76 – 100||#251 – 300|
|US News and World Report||#474||#471|
|Times Good University Guide||#39|
|Guardian University Guide||#24th|
|Complete University Guide||#29th|
Swansea University Admissions Deadline 2022
The university uses a trimester-based academic calendar, so students can enrol in the spring, fall, or summer semesters. Students must submit their application forms as early as possible.
As an international student, you must apply three to four months in advance and submit all required documentation by the deadline. International students can apply to the following intakes:
|Autumn Term||Winter Term||Spring Term||Summer|
|20th September 2021 – 10th December 2021||4th January 2022 – 8th April 2022||3rd May 2022 – 1st June 2022||6th June 2022 – 23rd September 2022|
|Semester I||Semester II|
|20th September 2021 – 21st January 2022||24th January 2022 – 1st June 2022|
Please refer to the tentative deadlines listed below:
|Undergraduate Fall Session (UCAS)||Mid-January/June-end (UCAS extra)|
|Postgraduate taught programme||July-end|
Also Read about the University of Gloucestershire Admissions Guide for 2022
Swansea University Admissions Requirements for UG
Enlisted below are the major eligibility criteria that a student has to keep in mind before applying for an undergraduate program at Swansea University.
- Achieved academic scores as per the high school qualifications are a mandatory part of the eligibility requirements. Although the requirements vary across programs, a minimum of 70% is required equivalent to IELTS 6.0, 75% is required equivalent to IELTS 6.5, 80% is required equivalents to IELTS 8.0 to be achieved at the higher secondary level.
- Undertaking an English proficiency test is compulsory for international student to demonstrate their capacity of using the language. The university accept globally recognized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Other factors that will be taken into account are admission essays, LORs, SOP, activities participated in and any accolades won.
Swansea University Admissions Requirements for PG
- For postgraduate programs, candidates must obtain a successful completion of a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognized university with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division:
- 60% or CGPA 6.7 (10 point system);
- CGPA 6 (7 point system);
- CGPA 3 (4 point system);
- 70% or above in Standard XII
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at Swansea University in 2022:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Completed application form
- High School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of 75%
- Health certificate
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs (Two for postgraduate programs)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Parental understanding structure to study with us (marked by parent or guardian)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
Swansea University Admissions/Application Process
The Swansea University application/admission process takes place through UCAS. The UCAS code for Swansea University is SWAN S93. If you are applying for UG courses, you need to pay 20 GBP (INR 2,012) for UG and 50 (5,031) GBP for PG courses. Visit the official website of UCAS and start your application process.
Step 1: Vist the UCAS Portal and Apply
The university will make decisions regarding your application based on your completed UCAS form. Make a list of all the qualifications you have and are currently pursuing. You can also tell us about any previous employment experience you have.
Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000 to streamline and ease the entire application process for Swansea University.
Step 2: Track your Application
UCAS Hub allows you to keep track of the status of all of your applications. They will send you an email with your login information for the online portal after they’ve received your application.
Step 3: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams
GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype.
Step 4: Gather Important Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 5: Submit your Application
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission at Swansea University make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 6: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidising, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Check out the UK Admission Process for Indian Students
UK Visa Requirements for International Student
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. They are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Acceptance Letter
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
The College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University is Wales’ major source of health-care education, bringing together health, nursing, midwifery, social care, health economics, ageing, children and young people, social policy, and psychology.
As per QS World Rankings 2022, Swansea University is ranked #440 across the globe. According to THE Rankings 2022, Swansea University is placed between #76 – 100.
Swansea University has been making a difference since 1920 as a research-led university. Our inclusive and diverse community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a healthy mix of exceptional teaching and research, as well as high quality of life.
On July 19, 1920, King George V laid the University’s foundation stone, and 89 students (including eight female students) joined that same year.
You’ll not only have a fantastic learning and teaching experience with a strong focus on employability, but you’ll also fall in love with the city.
Aren’t you all pumped up and excited to kickstart your study abroad journey at Swansea University after knowing everything about their admissions requirements and application process? Since January intake is onset, you can get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 to seek their help and mentorship that will make you land in the UK in 2022.