Swansea University, located in South Wales, is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. In terms of societal effect, over 90% of the research conducted at Swansea is recognized as either world-leading or internationally excellent. It is a public research university and is the third-largest university in Wales, with over 20,000 students. Because Swansea is known as South West Wales’ Cultural and Entertainment Hub, the university’s location is ideal for its students’ dynamic exposure. Around 20% of Swansea University students are international, making the campus welcoming, active, and diverse. If you wish to study at this dynamic university, then here is everything about the Swansea University acceptance rate, courses, admissions, and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Swansea University Acceptance Rate
- Swansea University Transfer Acceptance Rate
- How to Apply for Swansea University?
- Admission Requirements for UG Courses
- Admission Requirements for PG Courses
- Language Requirements
- Important Dates and Intakes
- Popular Courses at Swansea University
- Cost of Studying at Swansea University
- Scholarships provided by Swansea University
Swansea University Acceptance Rate
Swansea University is one of the top universities in Wales with an enrolment rate of 20,000+ students. The acceptance rate of Swansea University is 53%. Swansea University offers programs in which a candidate just needs to complete entrance requirements and is not required to compete with others.
Swansea University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Some students frequently change their minds while attending university. They may believe they have chosen the wrong university or program and wish to move; for whatever reason you might feel you want to transfer to Swansea University, they will assess your case and the transfer will be allowed only if:
- There are enough seats available for enrollment.
- The student meets the course’s entry requirements.
- If a student wishes to continue his or her studies in the second year, the content of the first year of the course he or she has previously completed closely matches the university’s course. This guarantees that they are well-prepared to pursue their studies. (If the university is unable to offer you a spot in the second year, they may be able to offer you a spot in the first year.)
How to Apply for Swansea University?
Individual course entry requirements vary, but all students enrolling at Swansea University must demonstrate that they have a suitable level of language proficiency to pursue their chosen course. Students can submit their application form via their online website including their transcripts, English language certificates, and a personal statement. Factors like admission essays, letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, participation in extracurricular activities, and any awards received will also be considered.
Admission Requirements for UG Courses
|Qualification||Equivalent to IELTS 6.0||Equivalent to IELTS 6.5||Equivalent to IELTS 7.0||Validity|
|Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) from (CBSE) Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) from (CISCE)Indian School Certificate (ISC) from (CISCE)||70%||75%||80%||10 years|
|State Board Examinations from the following states: Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu State, West Bengal, Telangana (2018 board onwards only), Andhra Pradesh (2018 board onwards only)||75%||80%||85%||10 years|
Admission Requirements for PG Courses
- Obtaining a Second Class Lower Division in a suitable Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- 60 percent; or a CGPA of 6.7 (10 points); or a CGPA of 6 (7 points); or a CGPA of 3 (4 points) – including Standard XII in English – 70 percent or higher (or equivalent).
- (55 percent or CGPA 6.1 (10 point system) or CGPA 5.5 (7 point system), or CGPA 2.67 (4 point system) for institutes of national importance/LLB) including Standard XII in English – 70% or above (or equivalent).
- The university does not accept state English board exams. An IELTS test will be required of all students taking state boards. In lieu of IELTS, the institution accepts CBSE/ICSE/SSCE for English with a minimum score of 70% in 12th Standard. As with IELTS, it has a 3.5-year expiration period. As a result, if the student had any gaps after completing 12th grade, an IELTS may still be required. For undergraduate degrees, most academic departments will require an IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent).
- The above rules apply, except before applying for a Master’s degree, a student must show that he or she has also completed a Bachelor’s degree in English. Unless it is clearly stated on the marks sheets/transcripts that all instruction has been performed in English, a letter from the university certifying the Medium of Instruction is necessary. For postgraduate degrees, most academic departments will require an IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) score.
With the help of Leverage Live, you can prepare for your English proficiency tests with us!
Important Dates and Intakes
|Application for undergraduate courses||Mid-January/ June end|
|Application for postgraduate courses||July end|
Students can enroll in the spring, fall, or summer semesters because the university follows a trimester-based academic calendar. The application forms must be sent as soon as possible. You must apply three to four months in advance as an international student and submit all relevant documentation before the deadline. The following intakes are open to international students:
|Autumn term||20th September 2021- 10th December 2021|
|Winter term||4th January 2022 – 8th April 2022|
|Spring term||3rd May 2022 – 1st June 2022|
|Summer term||6th June 2022 – 23rd September 2022|
Popular Courses at Swansea University
- Journalism, Media and Communications
- Accounting and Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Public Relations and Media
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Political and International Studies
- Social Work
Cost of Studying at Swansea University
According to the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index, Swansea has the fifth-lowest monthly rent of the UK’s university cities and the 11th-lowest overall living expenditures. The cost of living is highly dependent on one’s lifestyle and will differ from person to person. The tuition fee you pay is determined by the course and classification you select.
|Average Tuition fee||INR 15L/year|
|The average cost of living||INR 5.50L/year|
You can connect with us at Leverage Finance and we will be happy to help you with all the necessary funding and loans.
Scholarships provided by Swansea University
|Undergraduate International Excellence scholarship||Up to £6,000 (6,06,969 INR)(£4,000 awarded in 1st year and £2,000 awarded in 2nd year subject to achieving a 70% average)||20th August 2022|
|Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship (South Asia)||Up to £6,000 (6,06,969 INR)||1st July 2022.|
|Swansea International Pharmacy Scholarship (SIPS)||£2,000 (2,02,323 INR) per year fee reduction|
|Music scholarship (UG and PG both)||Up to 15hrs of individual tuition per year in their voice or instrument.
An annual bursary of £650 (65,755 INR)
|Sports Scholarships (UG and PG both)||While studying at Swansea University, they get several advantages and services to help them achieve their sporting goals.||31st March 2022|
|The School of Management’s Developing Futures Scholarship||The scholarship is for a scholarship worth up to £2000 (2,02,323 INR).|
|Postgraduate International Excellence Scholarship||Up to £4,000 (4,04,646 INR)||20th August 2022|
|Postgraduate International Excellence Scholarship (South Asia)||Up to £4,000 (4,04,646 INR)||1st July 2022.|
|International Postgraduate Alumni Bursaries||All non-EU candidates are eligible for the scholarship. It does not, however, apply to exchange students. The amount of the bursary will be determined by the student’s academic performance. Students in the first class receive up to £5000 (5,05,808 INR) per year in bursaries, while students in the second class (first and second division) receive GBP 3,000 and GBP 1,000 per year in bursaries, respectively.|
|Chevening Scholarship||Chevening scholarship is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.|
|The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship||Students from Vietnam, India, the United States, and European Union countries are eligible for the scholarship. The Global Wales Programme, a collaboration between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council, and HEFCW, is funding this distinguished scheme.||Applications opening soon|
|Global Wales British Council India Scholarship||Students from the Indian state of Telangana can apply for this new scholarship program, which is co-funded by Study in Wales and the British Council India. Under the initiative, Swansea University will provide two £5,000 (5, 05,808 INR) scholarships. Scholarships are non-transferable and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee decrease. There will be no cash alternative.|
CAS request form
CAS number (issued by the university)
Copy of deposit payment confirmation
Financial support proof
Consent form parent or guardian
Scores of English language proficiency
Proof of relationship with your parents (for those who are below the age of 18)
Tuberculosis test results
Swansea University has risen to the top of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for the first time. The University is presently ranked among the world’s top 300 premier institutions.
Swansea University has been making a difference since 1920 as a research-led university. The inclusive and diverse community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a healthy mix of exceptional teaching and research, as well as high quality of life.
Yes, the acceptance rate of Swansea University is comparatively higher than the other universities as it has low competition and usually accepts admissions on the basis of entry requirements.
Swansea University is well-known for its research quality, teaching reputation, and beautiful beachfront location. The university, founded in 1920 and has been providing high-quality education for 100 years, was named University of the Year by Whatuni in 2019.
The Swansea University acceptance rate is high and easy to get through with the right guidance and hard work. Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts for the best study abroad guidance and pave the way to your dream university!