Scotland is a country that is essential for the United Kingdom with Edinburgh as its capital. The Scottish schooling framework has been particularly different from that of the United Kingdom, with a trademark accentuation on expansive training. Arranged inside energetic Europe, Scotland is an ever-evolving country based on dynamism, innovativeness, and the astonishing warmth of its kin. When deciding to plan your studies abroad, you should definitely have a glance to pick Scotland as your dream educational destination since it has some of the best colleges around the world. Three of Scotland’s colleges are positioned in the Times Higher Education Top 200 and as per the Office of National Statistics, Scotland is the most exceptionally instructed country in Europe.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Scotland?
Here are some of the reasons why international students choose to study in Scotland.
- Scotland is a bursting place with events all year round, which make it an ideal place to study and live.
- A Scottish education provides innumerable prospects for employment. Employers highly value graduates from Scottish universities, with nine out of ten graduates finding employment or further study within completing six months of their graduation. This is down to many of the education institutions working in partnership with employers, to fully advance the students for the transition into the workplace.
- A significant motivation to study in Scotland is to be essential for widely acclaimed research. Scientists in Scottish colleges are answerable for some world-evolving advancements, like the MRI scanner and keyhole medical procedure.
- The exclusive requirement of Scottish training is reflected in the way that 86% of Scottish examination has been decided to be of extraordinary effect.
- With the absolute most profoundly appraised logical foundations around the world, studying in Scotland gives students access to world-class facilities and different focuses of greatness.
Also Read: Journalism Courses in Scotland
Covid-19 Response in Scotland
Scotland’s colleges keep on supporting their students, regardless of whether they are residing nearby or are examining on the web from their nation of origin. Global students have access to the public (COVID-19) immunization program. This guarantees the international students that they are safeguarded during their examinations and can forestall further transmission. Colleges are working intimately with the Scottish Government to guarantee a successful reaction to any issues confronting international students including versatility, visa necessities, and quarantine. Travellers making a trip to Scotland from outside the Common Travel Area should have a legitimate negative COVID-19 experimental outcome, taken before three days to the booked takeoff time.
Also Read: Study Degree and Diploma Courses in Scotland
Top Universities to Study in Scotland
Here are some of the top universities in Scotland which are popular amongst international students.
- University of St Andrews
- University of Glasgow
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Aberdeen
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Dundee
- University of Stirling
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Robert Gordon University
- Queen Margaret University
- Abertay University
- University of the West of Scotland
Also Read: Top Universities in Scotland
Popular Courses to Study in Scotland
Students have access to a variety of courses in these top universities of Scotland. Out of these, some of the most in-demand courses to study in Scottish universities are:
- BA(Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism
- BA(Hons) Films and Media
- Product Design – MA, MFA, MSc
- Global Development – MA
- Electronic and Computer Systems (top-up, non-accredited)- BEng (Hons)
- Accounting and Finance (OGAF) – MPhil, PhD, MSc by Research
- Management- MSc
- Food and Consumer Science – BSc.
- Screenwriting – MA
- BA(Hons) Interior Design
- MBA Hospitality
- Msc International Banking and Finance
- BA(Hons) Business Management
- BSc(Hons) Microbiology
- Architectural Engineering, BEng(Hons)
Thinking about which course is perfect for you to study in Scotland? Try AI Course Finder powered by Leverage Edu and you will find the course that fits you the best.
Also Read: Scotland Saltire Scholarships
The application process to apply to universities in Scotland is the same for all intakes. Here is an overview of the step-by-step application process to study in Scotland:
- Visit the official website of the university you are interested in.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
Also Read: Why Study in Scotland?
English Language Requirements:
If English is not your first language, most universities will require you to show your English Language ability. This is just to make sure that you can fully participate in lectures, tutorials, seminars, and understand the coursework needed to complete your course and get the most out of your degree.
Many universities offer pre-sessional English language courses that help to improve English and academic skills before you begin your course.
The level of your English language ability and the way you are expected to demonstrate your skills varies depending on the course you want to study and the institution you are applying to.
Some of the ways that you might be asked to demonstrate your English skills are:
- If you have successfully completed an academic qualification in a majority English speaking country
- If you have received an English qualification as part of your High School studies
- Pass an approved English language test
- Provide an English language certificate
Also Read: University of Edinburgh Notable Alumni
In order to get admitted in these Scottish universities you are required to submit the following documents:
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
There are an assortment of grant and subsidizing choices accessible to Indian students studying in Scotland at the undergrad and postgraduate level. A few grants additionally cover travel to and from your nation of origin and in specific cases even the everyday costs.
- District Scholarship Fellowship Plan permits residents of Commonwealth nations to study in Scotland. Contingent upon which federation country you are from, grants are accessible for understudies wishing to learn at undergrad and postgraduate level.
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s worldwide grant program and asset full and low maintenance courses at postgraduate level in any subject and at any college.
- Imperial Society Grants support global understudies concentrating on science programs in Scotland.
- Saltire Scholarships are accessible to understudies from Canada, China, India and the USA and are for understudies learning at undergrad, postgraduate, or PhD level in Scotland for one year.
Average Cost of Studying in Scotland
The average cost of studying in Scotland ranges between INR 10.10 lakhs to 26.27 lakhs per year for undergraduate courses and INR 15.15 lakhs to 30.29 lakhs per year for postgraduate courses. The cost may modify depending upon the course you choose and level of study.
Is the cost of studying in Scotland stopping you from pursuing your dream course? Contact our Leverage Finance experts and find affordable loans.
Also Read: Cheapest Universities in UK 2022
Accommodation & Cost of Living in Scotland
The Cost of living in Scotland for an international student is $25000 (18.66 lakhs INR) per year.
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities in Scotland?
Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
This was your guide on how to study in Scotland. Are you planning to take admission to one of these universities but don’t know where to start? Our experts at Leverage Edu will guide you through the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and book your FREE 30-minute counselling session today!