With over 1,500 faculty members and 32,000 students who study in Ireland’s University College Dublin, it is Ireland’s largest university. Consistently ranked amongst the top universities in Europe, UCD boasts of having 5 Nobel Laureates.
The institution is providing its students with educational excellence for over 160 years now. In the recent years, its international standing has grown immensely and today, it is ranked amongst the top 1% of higher-education institutions across the globe. With its great diversity of disciplines, a vibrant culture and an outstanding student and staff body, UCD is the first choice for students who want to study in Ireland.
- UCD houses 6 colleges and each college has multiple constituent schools, which are responsible for the excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship offered by it. This includes colleges for-
- Arts and Humanities
- Engineering and Architecture
- Health and Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences and Law
- The institution is renowned worldwide for its excellence in teaching. Out of 42 subjects, 11 of them are ranked in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Ranking by Subject 2016). Additionally, the university also ranks first in 12 subjects in Ireland.
- The UCD Horizons scheme of modularised, modern education which is based on learning outcomes; it sees 50% of the students taking modules other than their subject areas.
- In fact, UCD is the only Irish University to offer the EU Supplement Label for international recognition of qualification to its students. Also, it ranks 1 in Ireland in the QS Employer Reputation Survey and 129th
- Presently, UCD houses about 20,000 students with the majority of the students pursuing a UG course (76%). As a matter of fact, out of about 4,000 international students, 52% are PG students and 48% are UG students.
- The cohort size is kept small to facilitate efficient and effective learning. Also this way, each student receives adequate attention from the faculty which contributes to maintaining the quality of education that the institution offers.
- The main UCD campus sits over an area of about 133-hectares in Belfield and has a mix of academic facilities, libraries, research institutes, conference venues, residences, enterprise space and sports and recreational facilities. This beautiful campus houses a vibrant community of students, faculty, and staff.
- The university boasts of a great sporting heritage and students often participate in a gamut of disciplines at both, national and international level. It also places great importance on personal well being and hence offers a great range of indoor and outdoor activities.
- UCD organize various social events on-campus for students, staff, and the community members. From visiting an exhibition to going to the cinema or meeting friends over a cup of coffee, there’s something for everyone to do on-campus.
- When it comes to students’ clubs and societies, UCD is behind none. It has over 60 societies for students with varied interests and skills. They don’t just help students have a good time on-campus but also facilitate their all-rounded development.
Who doesn’t want to study in Ireland at a university that has been flourishing for 160 years? The university has been making a substantial and unique contribution to the formation of modern Ireland. If you are one of the aspirants wanting to pass the doors of UCD and don’t know where and how to start, you just got lucky! Connect with one of the Leverage experts today and find the answers to all your questions under one roof. When we say that we handhold you from the beginning till the end, we mean it.