Sprawled with palm-lined beaches and coral reefs with clear lagoons, Fiji is a country in the South Pacific, Oceania. While it is definitely a top tourist destination because of its ancient architecture and beautiful beaches, it is also an amazing country to pursue higher education with its excellent academic record and high student satisfaction rate. The mode of education in Fiji is English which makes it an even popular choice among students. It goes without saying that studying in the country is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. In this blog, we focus on how to study in Fiji, its top universities, and more!
|Official Country Name||Republic of Fiji|
|Total Area||18,274 sq. km|
|Time Zone||UTC +12 (FJT)|
|Currency||Fijian Dollar (FJD)|
|Language||English, Fijian, and Fiji Hindi|
|Neighbour Countries||Tuvalu, Newzealand, Papua New Guinea|
|Courses Available||Certified, Degree & Diploma|
|Average cost of study||USD 3000 to 5000 (INR 2.2 lakhs to 3.7 lakhs)|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Fiji?
- It goes without saying, a degree from a foreign university holds great importance.
- While many people often opt for popular European countries like the UK, France, or Germany, there are some lesser-known countries like Fiji that are getting into the books of international students for delivering quality education.
- Fiji is often chosen for higher studies among students for pursuing higher studies abroad owing to its unique culture, history, and globally recognized education system.
- Its excellent surroundings and touristy location makes it a popular choice among students for pursuing higher studies. Fiji is an excellent choice for those looking to explore a country as well as gain valuable skills and experience.
Cost of Studying in Fiji
Let’s look at how much it costs to study in Fiji for international students in 2021:
- Tuition Fees in Fiji are cheaper compared to other countries like the UK, Germany, Australia, etc.
- The tuition fees range between USD$10,000 – $15,000 per annum. (7,50,000 INR – 11,20,000 INR)
- The fee depends on the choice of course and the university type.
- Fiji’s living costs are also considerably lower than that of other countries like Australia and New Zealand.
- For instance, a semester’s rent may be equivalent to a month’s rent in popular student cities elsewhere.
Note: Certain universities in Fiji do not ask for IELTS scores while offering admission. However, for international students, IELTS is needed to get a visa as it eases the process of visa confirmation.
Study in Fiji after 12th
To pursue an undergraduate degree in Fiji after XIIth, students must transcript of upper secondary education. Some institutions often ask foreign students to appear for an entrance exam. To continue studies in Fiji after XIIth, students must apply at the university of their choice by filling out the application form with all the required information and documents.
Top Universities in Fiji
Here is a list of world-class and highly renowned universities to study in Fiji:
|The University of South Pacific||Suva|
|Fiji National University||Suva|
|University of Fiji||Lautoka|
|Fiji School of Medicine||Suva|
The University of South Pacific
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier educational institute in the Pacific region. It is a renowned center for excellence in teaching, research consulting, and training on all aspects of Pacific culture, environment, and human resource development needs.
University of Fiji
The University of Fiji, established by the Arya Pratinidhi Sabha of Fiji, aims to provide high-quality, affordable higher education to students. The primary objective of the university is to provide higher education relevant to Fiji’s needs but within a global framework. It also aims at supporting Fiji’s development as a sustainable, peaceful, inclusive, and progressive society committed to good governance.
Fiji National University
Fiji National University was formally constituted by the Fiji National University Act 2009 which amalgamated six government higher education colleges in 2010. It is another premier educational institute in Fiji that caters to the academic demands of students by providing degrees across various disciplines.
There are many courses for international students to pursue higher studies in Fiji. Here are some of the most popular courses among international students to study in Fiji at undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels:
- Information Tech
- Business Management
The requirements vary from school to different program you are applying for, but the generic documents that are needed to study in Fiji are:
- Your high school and all other grade transcripts
- Language test results scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Updated CV or Resume
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of your passport
- Submission essays (if asked by the university)
- Copy of student visa
- Copy of passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical certificate
- Birth certificate
To apply for universities in Fiji, students must follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Students must visit the official website of the institution.
- Then, click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’.
- Students are then required to provide their education history with all the qualifications.
- They must also fill in the details of their employment history and personal statement.
- Once the form has been filled up, students must submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
- For student visas, students must keep all the documents ready and then have to pay an application fee of 228 USD.
- These documents must be kept ready – Academics 10th onward
- Passport Copy
- 4 Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Bank Statements or Income proof
- Birth Certificate
- Visa application form (duly filled and signed)
- Transcripts (Mark sheets from 10th class till the last degree obtained)
The tuition fees range between USD$10,000 – 15,000 per annum (7,50,000 INR – 11,20,000 INR and depend on the choice of course and the university type.
International students are not permitted to work in Fiji.
The spoken language in Fiji is English.
On average, it costs around $446-1,050 USD per month to study medicine in Fiji.
This is all that you need to know if you plan to study in Fiji. Planning to study abroad but confused about the application process amidst the ongoing pandemic! Then, contact our experts at Leverage Edu and look at a free session today to resolve all your doubts!
Keep it up, is a good one to help
Keep it up, is a good one to help