Australia’s top universities like the University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, and Griffith University are located in Brisbane. As one of Australia‘s fastest-growing capital cities, with a diverse mix of public and private sector possibilities. Brisbane is the best place to start your educational journey because it is the most cost-effective metropolitan in Australia, it offers great connectivity, and the fact that the city is host to numerous festivals such as Lord Mayor’s International Student Friendship Ceremony and the famous Oktoberfest!
This Blog Includes:
- 5 Reasons to Study in Brisbane
- Top Universities in Brisbane
- Eligibility Requirements
- Cost of Studying
- Cost of Living
- Top Scholarships in Brisbane
5 Reasons to Study in Brisbane
- In comparison to other Australian cities, Brisbane boasts one of the lowest costs of living from transportation to lodging to food. It simply implies that in Brisbane, your money will go a lot farther than in our southern rivals.
- Brisbane has a variety of high-quality, purpose-built student housing options. These houses are located around Brisbane to make them easily accessible to students from various universities. They give support, amenities, and a sense of community to students from a range of institutions.
- International students may study at some of Australia’s best universities, including the award-winning University of Queensland, the internationally renowned Queensland University of Technology, and Griffith University. You may also select from a variety of English language colleges, vocational education providers, and schools. Learn more about the many sorts of studies available in Brisbane.
- The diversity of cuisine and activities available at your doorstep is one of the benefits of living in one of the world’s most cosmopolitan countries. The city’s varied and open culture is reflected in its year-round program of events and festivals, including the famous Paniyiri Greek Festival, Australia’s largest Oktoberfest, and the BrisAsia Festival.
- The Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art, Australia’s biggest gallery of modern art, are both located in Brisbane. Visit the Museum of Brisbane, which is situated in the famous Brisbane City Hall, to learn about Brisbane’s history, or the Queensland Museum to witness science come to life. Brisbane is the host city of the Asia Pacific Screen Awards, and the Queensland Performing Arts Centre organizes world-class theatrical and music events.
Must Read: Study in Australia without IELTS
Top Universities in Brisbane
The top universities in Brisbane are listed below, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
|University||QS World University Rankings 2022.|
|The University of Queensland||#47|
|Queensland University of Technology||#213|
|Central Queensland University||#250|
|University of Canberra||#436|
The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland is placed 48th in the QS World University Ranking and Graduate Employability Ranking, making it ideal for students interested in pursuing a profession. The faculty at UQ has achieved the highest number of national awards in Australia, indicating that they can provide excellent counseling to existing and prospective students.
Queensland University of Technology
Brisbane’s Queensland University of Technology is one of Australia’s fastest-growing public research universities. QUT maintains strong ties with industry representatives, which aids in the development of courses that meet the needs of the business. This also aids students in getting practical information that will be beneficial to them in their future employment.
Griffith University, which was founded in 1971, is one of Australia’s top 10 institutions in terms of research output. Aside from that, the institution offers English language and other academic support so that students can thrive in their studies.
Central Queensland University
Central Queensland Institution is the largest university in rural Australia and is known for its world-class research. In terms of education, employability, and globalization, CQUniversity achieved 5 stars in the QS Stars evaluation system. This also demonstrates that the university’s reputation is well-known in the sector and that its teaching methods are widely recognized.
When applying to any Brisbane university, you must satisfy the following minimum eligibility to study in Brisbane:
- Passport: valid copy of passport
- English proficiency test: Scorecards of TOEFL/IELTS.
- Minimum GPA required 4.0(out of 7 scales)
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LORs)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- CV (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
English Proficiency Requirements
TOEFL and IELTS are the English examinations necessary for studies in Australia. Students must familiarise themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission properly since the scorecard is valid for two years.
Cost of Studying
Each institution in Brisbane has a different tuition price. Mentioned below are the average tuition fees for institutions in Brisbane
|Expense||Undergraduate Programs||Postgraduate Program|
|Tuition Fees (Per annum)||17,24,772 INR – 22,97,000||32,223 – 42,914|
Cost of Living
Aside from tuition, the cost of studying in Brisbane includes things like transportation, Accommodation, and other daily expenditures. The following are some of the costs that may be incurred when studying in Brisbane:
|Expense||AUD (INR per annum)|
|Accommodation||2000-2800 (1,07,143 – 1,50,001 INR)|
|Books and stationery||500-850 per year (26,785 – 45,536 INR)|
|Transportation||150 per week (8035 INR)|
Top Scholarships in Brisbane
International students can apply for a range of scholarships at Brisbane universities. Mentioned below are some of the top scholarships:
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS)
Scholarships for students from selected nations in the Asia-Pacific area, Africa, and the Middle East to study in Australia at all levels (bachelors, masters, Ph.D.). The Allison Sudradjat Prize and/or the Hadi Soesastro Prize are also open to Indonesian applicants.
Destination Australia Awards
Domestic and foreign students can apply for over 1,000 scholarships worth up to AUD 15,000 (8,03,578 INR) per year to study at regional Australian institutions at all levels.
Research Training Program (RTP)
Scholarships for local and foreign students to undertake a research degree at a participating Australian institution at the postgraduate level.
International Water Centre Scholarships for International Students
International students pursuing a Master’s in Integrated Water Management at the University of Queensland in Brisbane can apply for Australian scholarships.
The Fulbright Commission of Australia and the United States of America gives scholarships to Americans at different stages of their careers. Awardees participate in an academic and cultural exchange, conducting research or studying at an Australian institution, experiencing life in Australia, and returning to the United States to share their knowledge and experience.
Thus, if you have decided to study in Brisbane, Australia’s sunniest city? Then be an early bird applicant with our experts at Leverage Edu and get ahead of the crowd! Call us at 1800 572 000 today for a free profile evaluation.