Swansea University is a public research university in the Welsh city of Swansea. The University is well-known for its research, teaching excellence, and unique waterfront location. Approximately 330 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate courses are available. It is Wales’ third-largest university in terms of the student population and also one of the UK’s top five universities for job prospects. Swansea City has a gold grade in the Teaching Excellence Framework. Every year, international students from over 130 countries come to the institute with the goal of studying in the United Kingdom. Apart from quality education, Swansea University wins the hearts of many international students for its nearby locations, peaceful and safe environment, welcoming people, and many more! Studying at Swansea University is the choice of many students, to know more about it keep reading the blog!
This Blog Includes:
Courses offered by Swansea University
Swansea University offers both undergraduate and graduate-level programs to international students. The degrees are offered in the following departments, which are spread among the university’s eight colleges and two campuses:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Engineering
- College of Human & Health Sciences
- Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law
- School of Management
- College of Science
- The College, Swansea University
- Swansea University Medical School
The basic eligibility requirements set by Swansea University for Indian students are
- Undergraduate requirements – Higher School Certificate with a minimum average of 70%.
- Graduate requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 55% aggregate or above.
The English Proficiency requirements for non-English speaking students can be fulfilled by providing either of the following scores given below:
|English Proficiency Test||Undergraduate Scores||Graduate Scores|
Want to prepare for the English Proficiency Test? Let Leverage Live help you!
Swansea University Admissions Process
Step 1: Log in to the application portal available on the website.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in all the necessary details and required documents carefully. The application progress can be saved online and also be edited until it’s edited.
Important Documents Required:
- Original or certified copies of the latest degree(s) completed by the applicant.
- Letters of Recommendation – 2
- Personal statements – 1
- Copy of valid and latest passport
- English proficiency requirement (IELTS score – 6.0-6.5.)
Also Read: Swansea University Admissions
Swansea University Scholarships
Various types of scholarships are available to graduate and undergraduate students as financial aid for international students wishing to study in the United Kingdom. To apply for a scholarship, you must complete a separate application form.
The following are some of the scholarships available to undergraduate students.
- Music Scholarships worth roughly 1000 GBP (INR 99,844) per year, which include regular individual lessons in the scholar’s instrument or voice, as well as a 300 GBP (INR 29,953)/year scholarship to help with sheet music, exam fees, and other expenses.
- Scholarships for sports – provided to individuals who excel in a specific sport (s). To apply, you must submit an application form as well as two references.
- Scholarships for International Excellence – Students having an outstanding academic component in their application or who demonstrate potential to do so throughout their time at Swansea University can receive up to 6000 USD (INR 5,99,068).
Graduate students get the following awards, in addition to Music, Sports, and International Excellence Scholarships:
- Chevening Scholarships are given to students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership abilities. Typically, it is for a one-year Master’s degree.
- International Post-graduate Alumni Bursaries are available to all Non-EU alumni of Swansea University applying for a master’s or research degree.
- The Eira Francis Davis Grant is a full-tuition fee scholarship given to one female student each year for academic performance.
There are also several college-specific scholarships available to students who excel in their respective professions, such as those granted by the College of Science, School of Management, and School of Law.
Also Read: Swansea University Acceptance Rate
Yes, Swansea is a place where you’ll not only have a fantastic learning and teaching experience with a strong focus on employability but also will fall in love with the city.
Swansea University provides On-campus housing at Singleton Park Campus, Bay Campus, Hendrefoilan Student Village, and Beck House.
Swansea University’s average tuition charge for the academic year 2021-2022 was roughly GBP 9,000. The cost of a course is determined by the type of course you choose, and it will increase by 3% each year. It also varies based on the length and type of course that the student selects, such as whether it is a part-time or full-time degree.
Well, we hope that this blog makes it pretty clear why you should choose to study at Swansea University! So what are you waiting for? Contact our Leverage Edu experts now and let’s kick start your career.