The world of Aerospace Engineering is worth reckoning with. Also called aeronautical engineering, or astronautical engineering, this field of study deals with the operations of vehicles and machines in outer space. Specifically in Earth’s atmosphere.
So what does Aerospace Engineering entail? Aerospace Engineering in the UK focuses on your questions; covering a wide range of related disciplines, such as mathematics, software engineering, research and development, and physics. This blog will help you understand every aspect of studying Aerospace Engineering in UK.
Before moving ahead, let’s take a look at what Aerospace Engineering exactly means.
|Levels of Education||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Duration||Bachelor’s: 4-5 yearsMaster’s:1-2 years|
|Total Fees||Bachelor’s: GBP 35,000 (INR 34 lakh)
Master’s: GBP 34.300 (INR 33.2 lakh)
|Average Salary||GBP 38,000 (INR 37 lakh)|
|Highest Paying Jobs||Entry Level Engineer
Aerospace Design Engineer
This Blog Includes:
- What is Aerospace Engineering?
- Why Study Aerospace Engineering in the UK?
- Top Universities for Aerospace Engineering in the UK
- Courses Offered: Aerospace Engineering in the UK
- Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fees for Studying Aerospace Engineering in the UK
- Jobs & Salary
- Top Recruiters
What is Aerospace Engineering?
How are space vehicles designed and engineered and produced so that they function effectively? The science behind the same is not singular, nor is it individualistic. To design a flight vehicle or a machine, one needs ample knowledge of a range of engineering subjects. Aerospace Engineering includes all that. It encompasses the design, construction, and development of aircraft and spacecraft.
Why Study Aerospace Engineering in the UK?
Not only the basics, but students also get great exposure to the aerospace industry while studying aerospace engineering in the UK. There are various reasons to study aerospace engineering in the UK. Some of them are discussed below.
- Practical and Theoretical Learning: The universities in the UK focus on both theoretical and practical knowledge while teaching aerospace engineering. There are some of the best and top-ranked universities in the UK for aerospace engineering.
- Scholarships: Moreover, UK universities also provide an array of scholarships that help cover your tuition and other expenses while studying aerospace engineering in the UK.
- Career Opportunities and Salary: A fruitful career readies itself once you ace the study of aerospace engineering. Involvement of regulators such as government research institutions, the Ministry of Defence, and airline businesses, also offers an opportune chance for graduates to grow. Furthermore, the salary is perceived within high standards given the handsome packages provided to fresh graduates.
Top Universities for Aerospace Engineering in the UK
As mentioned the UK has some of the best universities when it comes to aerospace engineering. Below is a list of the same.
|Universities||QS Ranking 2023|
|Imperial College London||6|
|University of Bristol||61|
|University of Glasgow||81|
|University of Bath||179|
|University of Leeds||86|
|University of Nottingham||114|
|University of Manchester||28|
|University of Leicester||279|
|University of Liverpool||190|
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Colleges
Courses Offered: Aerospace Engineering in the UK
The two main courses offered in Aerospace Engineering in the UK are:
- BEng in Aerospace Engineering
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Courses
Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering
Major subjects covered under Aerospace Engineering are:
- Heat Transfer
- Materials Science
- Solid Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
The eligibility criteria for admission to aerospace engineering are as follows:
|For Undergraduate Courses||For Postgraduate Courses|
|A minimum percentage of 60-70% (or 2.7 GPA) at 10 + 2 level with a similar background||Undergraduate degree in the relevant field with a minimum percentage of 70.|
|A*A in mathematics and physics||A-level grade: AAB|
|IELTS: Minimum 6 – 6.5|
|Relevant work experience is preferred.|
These are the documents required:
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
The application process takes place over a while. It begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes, generally, the fall intake and spring intake, for international students to kick start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university
Fees for Studying Aerospace Engineering in the UK
The fees for studying this particular course in the UK vary from course level to course level. The distinction is provided below.
|Bachelor’s||35,000 GBP (INR 32.6 lakhs)|
|Master’s||34,226 GBP (INR 31.9 lakhs)|
|Diploma||4565 GBP (INR 4.2 lakhs)|
UK universities pay great heed to scholarships when it comes to aerospace engineering. The following are the main scholarships provided for Aerospace engineering
|Felix Scholarships||Postgraduate students from developing countries (like India)|
|The Boeing Scholarships and Support Scheme||Aerospace Engineering Undergraduates at the University of Sheffield|
|Engineering Excellence Scholarship||Exceptional International Students|
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Scholarships
Jobs & Salary
A range of esteemed jobs is available for students upon their completion of studying aerospace engineering in the UK. Let’s have a look at some of them:
|Entry Level Engineer||46,000 GBP (INR 43 lakhs)|
|Aerospace Design Engineer||38,000 GBP (INR 35.4 lakhs)|
|Aerodynamics Engineer||44,000 GBP (INR 41 lakhs)|
|Aerospace Systems Engineer||39,000 GBP (INR 36 lakhs)|
|Air Engineering Manager||43,000 GBP (INR 40 lakhs)|
Must Read: Career in Aerospace Engineering
Some of the recruiters are listed below:
- Electus Recruitment Solutions
- The Advocate Group – Supply Chain & Operations Specialists
- Connect 4 Engineering Recruitment
- Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd
- Flexible Solutionz Limited
Yes, there are some of the best universities for aerospace engineering in the UK.
INR 20 lakhs is estimated to be the tuition fee for the first year.
It’s the fastest-growing industry in the UK with 128,000 jobs.
About three years long is the duration of an Aerospace Engineering Degree in the UK.
This was all about Aerospace Engineering in the UK. If you want to get into a high-ranked university in the UK, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.