To provide admissions under the top-notch programs of SRM Group of Institutions, yearly SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) is organised. Just like JEE Advanced, it is yet another competitive exam through which candidates can avail admission and attain quality education. Conducted by the SRM Institute of Science and Technology, it is a mandatory examination to qualify for if you aspire to enter the eminent BTech courses of the university. The official authorities have released the exam date and guidelines, let us go through this blog and gain all the insights of this year’s entrance exam.
|Exam Name||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting body||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Dates||April 2023 to July 2023|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Courses offered||Engineering Courses|
|Exam mode||Online Exam|
|Application Fee||INR 1100 (online)INR 1160 (offline)|
|Exam date||11th June 2021 to 16th June 2021(Tentative)|
|Exam duration||2 Hrs 30 Min.|
This Blog Includes:
- SRMJEEE 2023 Important Dates
- Exam Day Guidelines for SRMJEEE 2023
- Eligibility Criteria
- SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2023
- Exam Pattern of SRMJEEE 2023
- SRMJEEE Syllabus
- Admit Card for SRMJEEE 2023
- SRMJEEE 2023 Counselling
- SRMJEEE Preparation Tips
- Steps to Take SRMJEEE Mock Test 2023
- SRMJEEE Counselling Centers
- Scholarships Available
SRMJEEE 2023 Important Dates
|Start date of application form||22 November 2022|
|Last Date to fill Application Form (Online)||16th April 2023 (Phase 1)
5th June 2023 (Phase 2)
17th July 2023 (Phase 3)
|Application Form Correction||Date to be Announced|
|SRM Slot Booking (for Online Entrance Examination)||To be announced|
|SRMJEEE admit card 2023||April 2023 (Phase 1)
June 2023 (Phase 2)
July 2023 (Phase 3)
|Online Entrance Examination (Tentative)||21st, 22nd & 23rd April 2023 (Phase 1)
10th & 11th June 2023 (Phase 2)
22nd & 23rd July 2023 (Phase 3)
|Declaration of Results (Tentative)||April and June 2023|
|SRM Counselling (Tentative)||July 2023|
|On-Campus Enrollment||To be announced|
|Commencement of Classes||To be announced|
Exam Day Guidelines for SRMJEEE 2023
SRMJEEE 2023 exam day instructions and guidelines will be written on the admit card. To prevent any last-minute stress, aspirants should carefully read the exam day instructions.
What to Carry and What Not to Carry
|What to carry||What not to carry|
At least 2 passport-sized coloured photographs
Any of the valid photo-identification card issued
by the state/central government such as:
Before you begin with the application process of the exam, it is vital to check the entry requisites to make sure that you completely align with the conditions. Candidates must mind that all the eligibility requisites must necessarily be completed, otherwise, official authorities hold the power to cancel the candidature of the applicants. Here are some generic and program-wise criteria for SRMJEEE:
- Applicants must be a citizen of India
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) applicants must be a holder of PIO or OCI card issued by the government of India
- Candidates must be od at least 17 years of age
For all the BTech Programs
- Formal schooling of 10+2 with MPC subjects
- Students must have at least 60% for Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses
- Minimum 55% for NCR, Delhi campuses
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a diploma in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics subjects as majors
For BTech Biotechnology/ Biomedical Engineering/ Genetic Engineering
- Applicants must have qualified 10+2 schooling with BiPC subjects
- Minimum 60% aggregate in PCB for Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a diploma in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology subjects
SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2023
Although the slot booking dates are yet to be announced, here is the process for SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2023:
- Sign up on the official website of SRM and create your user ID and password.
- Then, log in to your account and click on ‘book slot’ button on the website.
- Select the test centre closest to your location. SRMJEEE is conducted in 18 states around India.
- Choose the best fit date and time that fits your preferences.
- Then take a look at all the details once and click on ‘confirm slot booking’.
- View/print hall ticket and keep a copy for reference.
Exam Pattern of SRMJEEE 2023
Examining the format of the paper before beginning your preparation helps in gaining essential information regarding it. The mode of the SRMJEEE 2020 will be online consisting of objective questions in the Multiple Choice Question format. There will be a total of 125 questions carrying a total weighted score of 125 marks. Also, there will be 5 sections in the exam which the students have to solve in a duration of 2 hours 30 minutes. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted, however, there is no negative marking for the incorrect answers. Let us have a look at the section-wise distribution of marks and questions.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Physics||35 questions||35 marks|
|Chemistry||35 questions||35 marks|
|Mathematics or Biology||40 questions||40 marks|
|English||5 questions||5 marks|
|Aptitude||10 questions||10 marks|
|Total||125 questions||125 marks|
If you strive to qualify the exam with flying colours you must prepare well for it. Following are some of the essential topics of SRMJEEE syllabus 2023.
- Physics: Dual nature of matter and nuclear physics; heat and thermodynamics; electricity and magnetism; units and measurements etc
- Chemistry: Hydrocarbons; Polymers; Biomolecules; Electrochemistry; Chemical Energetics; Chemical Thermodynamics; Atomic Structure; some basic principles of organic chemistry etc
- Mathematics: Trigonometry; Binomial Theorem; Complex Numbers; Sets, Relations and Functions; Quadratic Equations; Applications of differential Equations; Sequences and Series; Matrices and Determinants etc
- Biology: Plant Anatomy; Biotechnology; Taxonomy of Angiosperm; Immunology; Human Physiology; Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology; Environmental Science; Theories of Evolution; Cell Biology and Genetics etc
Admit Card for SRMJEEE 2023
SRMIST will release the SRMJEEE admit card 2023 as soon as the slot booking is done. It’s supposed to release during April, June, July 2023, per the three phases. In terms of the test, the SRMJEEE 20213 Admit Card is a must-have document. Candidates are not permitted to sit for the exam until they have received their admit card. Furthermore, an SRMJEEE 2023 hall ticket is needed to participate in the institute’s various campuses’ counselling and admission process. Candidates and students who will be undertaking the SRMJEE Exam for 2023 are further advised to download their SRMJEEE 2023 admit card by the deadline and print several copies for future reference.
SRMJEEE 2023 Counselling
Here are the major documents required at the counselling
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Cancelled cheque leaf with the name of candidate/ parent or grandparent printed
- Payment receipt made through e-pay facility or demand draft
- Original counselling call letter
- SRMJEEE rank card
- Hall ticket of the qualifying exam
- Marks sheet of class 10+2 or equivalent exam
- Marks sheet of class 10 as the date of birth proof
SRMJEEE Preparation Tips
Let’s go through the preparation tips that you can undertake to get ready for SRMJEEE 2023.
- Fill the exam form as soon as it is released.
- Know the syllabus inside-out.
- Get to understand the exam pattern!
- Prepare a study plan.
- Solve previous year exam papers.
- Revise on time!
The following books are recommended to prepare for SRMJEEE 2023.
- Mathematics book by Amit M Agarwal
- Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by P Bhadur
- NCERT Chemistry books
- CET books
Steps to Take SRMJEEE Mock Test 2023
Refer to the steps below to take SRMJEEE mock test 2023:
- Click on the link of the ‘mock test’ available on the official website.
- Next, log in by entering your email ID.
- Fill the required details.
- Candidates are then directed to fill out their subjects and section.
- Once that is done, read all the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
- Further, wait for the mock test screen to appear, and then click on continue.
- Now you can finally attempt the SRMJEE Mock test!
SRMJEEE Counselling Centers
To entitle the aspirants with academically excellent but economically weaker backgrounds an equal opportunity, a variety of scholarships are available. With a proper set of documents required, you can register for them and seek financial help through them.
|Scholarship||Eligibility||Percentage of the Scholarship|
|SRM Founder’s Scholarship||AIR in top 100 in SRMJEEE||100%|
|SRM Merit Scholarship||-Rank 101 to 500 in SRMJEEE-Rank 501 to 1000 in SRMJEEE||75%
|Socio-Economic Scholarship||Yet to be determined||25% to 100%|
|Differently Abled Scholarship||Yet to be determined||25% to 100%|
|SRM Arts and Culture Scholarship||Must Possess exemplary Skills in literary and fine arts||25% to 100%|
JEE Mains is way harder than SRMJEE.
A good SRMJEE rank is between 5000-7000.
SRM is a private institute, so naturally SRMJEE is private.
Thus, we hope that this blog about SRMJEEE has equipped you with the insights of the exam. To get your dream career started, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and they will direct you towards the right career paths!